The General Ross County Chat Thread

5 hours ago, staggy4life said:

Even just from the highlights of the last couple of games I've noticed how good Lindsay is at making late runs into the box but the players aren't finding him. 

Despite having 4 decent strikers I think 4-5-1 has to be the formation we play most of the time with Lindsay playing instead of Cowie.

Yup. Lindsay and Mullin have been consistently excellent this season so far. 

I like to think of our "4-5-1" as the considerably sexier 4-3-3.

But we can't be too predictable, and we do have players that can play other shapes. I wouldn't want only one centre forward position available every week. McKay was excellent in a poachy kind of role but won't get hat tricks in that manner every week. I think Graham could win us a few games, probably in a front 2.

I wouldn't go as far as to say Lindsay is as good as Kettlewell yet, but he could be in time.  He has been excellent.  As much as I agree that we need to play five in midfield to really showcase our strengths I certainly think in certain matches we can swap between three and four at the back.

The Invincible's midfield against our current midfield would be some battle.

Excellent result today at Firhill. 

Delighted with clean sheet. Noting BBC stats which look quite even except that County had 0 corners to Thistle's 10. It's pleasing that we do seem to be a bit more effective at defending. Mullin is gold. Draper's discipline could be better?

Looking forward to hearing from those who were there. 

30 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Did you make it?

I had to leave early (bloody family getting in the way of a development game tut tut :P)

Anyway how the game finish?

The wind was horrendous for both teams. 

Nah, I took one look at the wind and rain and decided not to bother.

16 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Manager of the month awards as well.

The cheek of County to get two trophies.  Ker-ching!  They should be made to keep it Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at Steven's house, and Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at Stuart's house, and alternate every Sunday.  

My stab at the starting XI tomorrow:

GK Munro: he played in the last round  Munro is away with the u21s so it'll be Fox

RB Watson: Fraser is still out
CB Morris: an ever-present since he came off the bench in the LC group match against Dundee United, I'd consider resting him for Grivosti.
CB Fontaine: captain in Fraser's absence
LB Stelios: hasn't played much at all yet

RM T.Dingwall: a chance to usurp DKD
CM Cowie: an opportunity to get match-sharp ahead of selection for the Ayr match
CM Dykes: deserves a go after getting two goals in the North of Scotland Cup win
LM Keillor-Dunn: a chance to build up his confidence more with an extended run in the team

CF Graham: scored four goals in the previous round but was up front in the two goal-less draws since
CF Stewart: a chance to make an impression

That would be six changes but with lots of experience still in the team. 

Edited by bunglebonce

Agree with bungle that adding a few youngsters would be good for this one, they deserve it especially considering the important Ayr match coming up so resting a few regulars would be good. Definitely give stelious a run out. Dykes more than deserves his chance and playing between well experienced players in Cowie and Vigurs in a game we (should) dominate possession would do him the world of good. Would keep McKay upfront for the first half (to hopefully get a lead and take him off) just for form and confidence sake if he grabs another goal. Mullin would stay in for same reason and if all goes well we can afford to sub him early. Be good if at least 2 of the development players get subbed in for this one but also give Stewart a run out too for McKay

Fox
Watson
Morris
Fontaine
Demetriou
DKD
Dykes
Cowie
Vigurs
Mullin
McKay

Hopefully a good away day to Ireland or England in the next round!