The General Ross County Chat Thread

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He can't be released unless it's to join Peterhead permanently (well he can be, but he can't play for anyone else so it would be pretty pointless). It's a strange move for someone to make at this stage when he's available for transfer. He's played for Ross County this season so as soon as he steps on the pitch for Peterhead he can't play for anyone else until next season. I would presume Peterhead have already agreed to take him permanently in January.

Swap deal for Rory Mcallister.

On 24/09/2018 at 18:09, Les Westander of County said:

Just wondering.  

Is it possible we're not that good after all?

I felt quite drunk as I felt the joy of a dominant hour on Saturday and sober reflection such as it is (one's memory does dim) suggests that there is merit in your supposition. 

Fox may not have eyes in the back of his head but he did save all that he should have

Fontaine dominated against an inexperienced centre forward

The full backs were as agricultural as they were unsure

Draper has rickets

Vigurs is more flawed than he is genius

Done Cowie

Gardyne comes across as he always has done

The others were excellent*

*they were beige

I thought Watson had an okay game, while Kelly was very hesistant. Keep getting told he's got a good delivery, but he's not exactly whipping them in like Scotty Mo used to at the minute.

I think yesterday saw our best performance of the season, and with that the two players that missed out against Caley must start each game.  Vigurs and Mullins.  To get the most out of our strongest area, I think we have to play 5 in midfield each week.  I think Lindsay gives us a more dynamic midfield with his energy.  With Gardyne likely to be out it may give us options to see who can play on the left.  I would like to see DKD play more often.  Then the final place would be taken by Cowie or Draper.  As much as I love Don and was great seeing someone come through at County and getting all the way to International level (also showing Gerrard how to take a penalty in a National Cup Final), I would pick Draper.

DKD - Vigurs - Draper - Lindsay - Mullins

Can Paton play on the left?  As that could be an option if he returns from loan.  Any one else pick something different in midfield?

54 minutes ago, Loki said:

I think yesterday saw our best performance of the season, and with that the two players that missed out against Caley must start each game.  Vigurs and Mullins.  To get the most out of our strongest area, I think we have to play 5 in midfield each week.  I think Lindsay gives us a more dynamic midfield with his energy.  With Gardyne likely to be out it may give us options to see who can play on the left.  I would like to see DKD play more often.  Then the final place would be taken by Cowie or Draper.  As much as I love Don and was great seeing someone come through at County and getting all the way to International level (also showing Gerrard how to take a penalty in a National Cup Final), I would pick Draper.

DKD - Vigurs - Draper - Lindsay - Mullins

Can Paton play on the left?  As that could be an option if he returns from loan.  Any one else pick something different in midfield?

That's spot on.  In all honesty, I don't see what Cowie really brings to the starting XI.  

When Mullin and Vigurs came on against Inverness, County completely dominated.  Not quite sure why they didn't start, but they will surely start every game they're available for.  Also on that note, I really can't understand why Livingston let Mullin go.  If he keeps this up, he'll be player of the year hands down.

I don't think Livi wanted him to go, but with the management situation in turmoil at that point, I think he took the gamble that moving to County would be the better option.  Certainly no one expected Livi's start to the Premiership, so at this point it was probably the wrong option.  But he's brilliant.

On 9/24/2018 at 18:09, Les Westander of County said:

Just wondering.  

Is it possible we're not that good after all?

Well that's cleared that up. We seem to be quite good after all.

Well done County!

However I thought the first 10 minutes against Dundee United included a lot of hesitancy and poor passes, especially in defence. Fortunately United were just as bad.

Then we were good and United weren't. As well as scoring a goal somehow from a very wide right (practically a corner) free kick, I thought Kelly made as good a contribution as most of the team. Quite happy to start him. Our other full-back (Watson?) may not be in that position normally but after settling down also put in a good shift. So Marcus Fraser wasn't really missed.

Got to take some encouragement from that result, to take into the Partick Thistle game. And United's confidence must be utterly destroyed.

Edited by Les Westander of County
stupidity

3 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Question: is Lindsay already as good as Kettlewell was in the title winning season? 

Hide contents

I think so, and that is no slight on Kettlewell.

Even just from the highlights of the last couple of games I've noticed how good Lindsay is at making late runs into the box but the players aren't finding him. 

Despite having 4 decent strikers I think 4-5-1 has to be the formation we play most of the time with Lindsay playing instead of Cowie.