The General Ross County Chat Thread

Highlights of the game against Raith. Clears up any issues with Graham's first goal (thought it was an own goal from where I was sitting). Another County player to bang in four goals in one game.

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Harry Paton has joined Stenny on loan. Seems a bit premature, but clearly he doesn’t fit into the managers’ plans. Crying shame.

Steady on.

He's not going to break into the XI anytime soon because of Cowie/Draper/Vigurs but he's clearly one in mind for the future.

Steady on.
He's not going to break into the XI anytime soon because of Cowie/Draper/Vigurs but he's clearly one in mind for the future.

I was under the impression he was only on a one year deal. If he signs a new deal, or if that information isn’t correct, I’d be much more inclined to take your line of thinking.

5 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

He seems to be the new Moore/Maatsen/Frempah in that a large chunk of fans reckon he is secretly our best player and should be picked every week.

Having watched Paton several times both for stenny and for us, you're miles off the mark with that assessment. 

Nobody's saying he should be first pick but he's more than worthy of a chance in the team. 

25 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The best move for everyone involved. I imagine he'll officially be realeased on Jan 1st.

24 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Was starting to show a few glimpses of what he could do, doing well for Peterhead might lead to an offer for him I guess.

He can't be released unless it's to join Peterhead permanently (well he can be, but he can't play for anyone else so it would be pretty pointless). It's a strange move for someone to make at this stage when he's available for transfer. He's played for Ross County this season so as soon as he steps on the pitch for Peterhead he can't play for anyone else until next season. I would presume Peterhead have already agreed to take him permanently in January.