The General Ross County Chat Thread

47 minutes ago, dingdong1929 said:
look-up-300x300.jpg&key=f4d60524de7ec7055e4ccb528e4ff3b78bea01ef9906d040d3b9766994826616

Last page or two of this thread are primarily a response to the same question from a Falkirk fan.

Apologies. From reading a few posts it looks like he'll fit in perfectly!

Edited by Stu

28 minutes ago, Stu said:
38 minutes ago, dingdong1929 said:
look-up-300x300.jpg&key=f4d60524de7ec7055e4ccb528e4ff3b78bea01ef9906d040d3b9766994826616

Last page or two of this thread are primarily a response to the same question from a Falkirk fan.

Apologise. From reading a few posts it looks like he'll fit in perfectly!

No worries, is worth asking again to see if you get more responses anyway.

He'll have been out of work for a full year soon, so will probably be keen to get another club soon. Good luck if he ends up in Paisley!

23 hours ago, Stu said:

Looks like we're about to replace Stubbs with McIntyre. What joys can we expect?

I'm staggered he's getting another shot at the top flight.

He'd probably have done better if we had a Director of Football to handle transfers instead of McIntyre. But his eye for new signings was really fucking poor. And his "ability" to alienate fan favourite players probably didn't help him with the fans either. Chasing Boyd out when he was still clearly good enough to be starting in the Premiership was criminal. And then cancelling his loan to Killie midseason & just letting them sign him so they could then bring someone else in on loan, that was fucking genius.

2 hours ago, forkboy said:

I'm staggered he's getting another shot at the top flight.

He'd probably have done better if we had a Director of Football to handle transfers instead of McIntyre. But his eye for new signings was really fucking poor. And his "ability" to alienate fan favourite players probably didn't help him with the fans either. Chasing Boyd out when he was still clearly good enough to be starting in the Premiership was criminal. And then cancelling his loan to Killie midseason & just letting them sign him so they could then bring someone else in on loan, that was fucking genius.

I think it's incredibly telling that McIntyre brought County a League Cup win which not one supporter this side of OTB would ever have dreamed possible... yet the vast majority of fans rate him as meh or below in the nondescript scale.

Dare I say it, but Billy Dodds is probably more of a miss around County way.

To be completely fair to McIntyre, he usually made an attempt to play with wingers.   Often they were defenders playing in midfield, but he did ostensibly play quite attacking football.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

Harry Patson is tearing it up in our reserve side- wonder if he'll get a game on Saturday?

15 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

I'd be surprised and disappointed if Paton doesn't play on Saturday.  He's wasted in the reserves.  He's not going to usurp one of Draper-Vigurs-Cowie, let alone Lindsay, but you never know what the season will bring.

Priority may be to win the league, but we should also aspire to be building for the future and developing the next generation - many of this squad may not still be in the 2019/20 squad if we do get  promotion.  

Totally agree on Paton, I was saying earlier on OTB that he looks head and shoulders above the Reserves level, and that it's almost a shame our midfield is so crowded that he's down the pecking order.

Doubt Vigurs/Draper/Cowie need a break, but would love us to start Paton and Lindsay on Saturday.  
Good signs for the future with those two in midfield.

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Bus from Inverness to Dingwall, is that relatively hassle free? Getting the train up on Sat but the trains from Inverness to Dingwall look pretty rubbish. 

Dead  easy.  Direct service from the bus station, which is five minutes walk from the train station, which is near some pubs.

3 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Bus from Inverness to Dingwall, is that relatively hassle free? Getting the train up on Sat but the trains from Inverness to Dingwall look pretty rubbish. 

I get them through for every home game, one every half hour or so. 27 or the number 25- but not the 25X, that misses out Dingwall and goes forther north.

Edited by Comrie