The General Ross County Chat Thread

I quite like Dow, always thought he had a good attitude and that there's a decent player in there.
Reckon in  his (assumed) preferred role of ACM / no.10 he could do a good job, especially in this league.

But: we don't really play with a no.10; if we did, Vigurs and Gardyne would probably be ahead in the queue; and, it's also true of Tony Dingwall, yet another player providing competition for a position that we don't use. 
So aye, we don't play a system which suits him, have too many attacking midfielders if we did, and have got too many forwards for the system we do use.

Shame like.

Is his only goal for us a header?? Mental.

Edited by dingdong1929

You lot apparently close to signing Danny Swanson. 

I genuinely think your wage bill will be higher than a couple of Premiership sides, your midfield is fucking stacked. 

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You lot apparently close to signing Danny Swanson. 

I genuinely think your wage bill will be higher than a couple of Premiership sides, your midfield is fucking stacked. 

Somebody will have to be unloaded before that happens, surely.  Considering we've still got Sean Kelly playing at left back, and Tony Dingwall playing right back, I don't really see that being a terribly essential move.

ETA: our midfield is already better than last year's.

Edited by Savage Henry

18 minutes ago, MarkPockets said:

I’d be very surprised if we sign Swanson. Our “depth” isn’t that great with Tony needing to play RB

Our depth is absolutely fine. It's not every Saturday you have 3 defenders who can play RB injured.

Danny Swanson can piss off. He'll be on a decent wage and we've already got one left-footed, lazy, magician in the squad. His arrival would push Keillor-Dunn further away from the first team.

Get Dow and Dingwall punted. Then loan out the other Dingwall and Dykes.

Danny Swanson can piss off. He'll be on a decent wage and we've already got one left-footed, lazy, magician in the squad. His arrival would push Keillor-Dunn further away from the first team.

A left back please, too.

Nah, we've got two already. There's not a chance of a third coming in. Both Kelly and Stelios appear to be the weak link in the team but they're both competent at this level.

The squad is fine, it just needs trimmed.

Nah, we've got two already. There's not a chance of a third coming in. Both Kelly and Stelios appear to be the weak link in the team but they're both competent at this level.
The squad is fine, it just needs trimmed.

I completely forgot about Stelios.

Swanson isn’t left footed though? He also isn’t lazy, magician I’ll give you.

18 minutes ago, Widge said:

Swanson isn’t left footed though? He also isn’t lazy, magician I’ll give you.

1 out of 3 isn't awful. I've aways associated Swanson as being lazy and unfit, probably because whenever I've seen him he looks (to put it delicately) "chunky". 

Regardless, he doesn't fit into the squad. Too expensive and he'd end up getting shoehorned into an already bloated midfield.

44 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

Kettlewell has said there's no interest in Swanson 

I've been in England for the last week, not caught up with things. Glad of that, think DKD, Midge and Mullin should be enough.