The General Ross County Chat Thread

5 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Of those who didn’t start on Saturday:

Munro

Dykes Fontaine Stelios

Stewart Cowie Paton Keillor-Dunn

Mckay Graham Dow

I think six of those would be starting for other teams in the division.

Fucking hell, that team alone would beat plenty of teams in this league. 

Very happy I bet on County to win the league Ante post.

2 hours ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

I forgot we brought in Hastings......I think we need to get Boyd back in as a defensive coach and Jimmy Scott in for squad morale and we are set.

The same Richard Hastings who scored the golden goal for Canada against Mexico in the 2000 CONCACAF gold cup quarter final?

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

McGregor wasn't joking when he said he took County being relegated personally.  Is this your most expensive squad ever?

Wouldn't have thought so.  The top paid players from last season all left.  Most of our signings have been Championship players with potential, or Championship players with bags of experience. 

It's difficult to argue that we've had as good a midfield since the invincibles season, though.  Vigurs, Draper, Cowie and Lindsay is just ridiculous.  You could argue Paton would be starting for at least a couple of lower end Premiership teams, and he's likely to be a Challenge Cup player with County.   And this guy Mullin is tearing full backs a new one left, right and centre - which is a complete bonus.  Add in Gardyne, and that midfield is far better than we had in the top flight at any point.

9 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

The same Richard Hastings who scored the golden goal for Canada against Mexico in the 2000 CONCACAF gold cup quarter final?

Aye, that'd be him. He had a season with County in 2001/02 and I'm pretty sure he's still had a place up in this part of the world as he came out of retirement to play for Brora in the Highland League a season ago.

Got to admit, I'm slightly worried about our midfield. Arguably it's a bit too strong, players are not going to get enough games which could easily lead to discontent and morale problems down the line. The Cowie signing just seems excessive and more for the show of "bringing back a local lad" than filling a need.

16 minutes ago, forkboy said:

Aye, that'd be him. He had a season with County in 2001/02 and I'm pretty sure he's still had a place up in this part of the world as he came out of retirement to play for Brora in the Highland League a season ago.

Got to admit, I'm slightly worried about our midfield. Arguably it's a bit too strong, players are not going to get enough games which could easily lead to discontent and morale problems down the line. The Cowie signing just seems excessive and more for the show of "bringing back a local lad" than filling a need.

I'll give you any money you want that, despite claims to the contrary, this was a boardroom signing rather than a decision by the management team.  

I can't really see how it helps Harry Paton, who is only on a one-year deal.  Wouldn't be at all surprised if he was allowed to go out on loan, which seems criminal to me.  

34 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I'll give you any money you want that, despite claims to the contrary, this was a boardroom signing rather than a decision by the management team.  

I can't really see how it helps Harry Paton, who is only on a one-year deal.  Wouldn't be at all surprised if he was allowed to go out on loan, which seems criminal to me.  

Paton... Loan deal? We'll take him the now. 

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Proof?

3 hours ago, forkboy said:

First world problems, eh lads?  

Maybe Kettlewell has gone mad, and wants to build a team of midfielders as all he hears ringing in his ears is the fans singing about a team of Kettlewells.

The mad b*****d is doing it.

6 hours ago, forkboy said:

Got to admit, I'm slightly worried players are not going to get enough games which could easily lead to discontent and morale problems down the line. The Cowie signing just seems excessive 

Please, can we have some demarcation, or at least some ground rules?

I regard it as my job to see the very worst in these scenarios.

This league is going to be a skoosh

20 minutes ago, sophia said:

Please, can we have some demarcation, or at least some ground rules?

I regard it as my job to see the very worst in these scenarios.

This league is going to be a skoosh

ribery.gif

Looking in the Domestic Cups department on P&B, I see nobody has started a thread on Irn Bru Challenge Cup game tonight, away to Hearts U21.

As Comrie says, it seems that McKay has scored both our goals. Then Hearts got one back. 

STARTING XI was Ross Munro, Callum Morris, Billy McKay, Stelios Demetriou, Dylan Dykes, Davis Keillor-Dunn, Ryan Dow, Brian Graham, Tony Dingwall, Harry Paton, Ross Stewart

SUBS - Scott Fox, Marcus Fraser, Sean Kelly, Greg Morrison, Russell Dingwall, Ross Maciver, Mark Gallagher.