The General Ross County Chat Thread

11 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

Would be happy to see him back but another striker should really be the priority.

Yeah.  I don't really understand that.  Who would he replace?  Presumably Lindsay, and push Paton further down the pecking order.  If Brian Graham fancied a return, I'd be all over that.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Scott Burns tweeting about County trying to get Cowie back.

There were quite a few talking about this a few weeks ago, so there's definitely a chance of this happening but from a playing point of view I'm just not sure where he fits in.  Draper and Lindsay should be our mainstay in central midfield, there's already a plethora of others including Vigurs, who could join them to make a three or cover them if injured.  Maybe Cowie on the right side where he can provide a good delivery but we've just signed Mullin for there.

From a coaching view point getting Cowie back to Dingwall might be a masterstroke, his work rate, willingness to train so hard plus the great condition he has kept himself in, would undoubtedly be a great influence on the youth we have in Dingwall.

We need another striker but if the opportunity to bring Cowie back is there and a way can be found to fund it I can only think it would be a good thing.

6 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

We need another striker but if the opportunity to bring Cowie back is there and a way can be found to fund it I can only think it would be a good thing.

County clearly aren't short of a few bob and are throwing everything at getting promoted back at the first time of asking. I doubt wages will be a stumbling block to getting Cowie back.

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

County clearly aren't short of a few bob and are throwing everything at getting promoted back at the first time of asking. I doubt wages will be a stumbling block to getting Cowie back.

That's kind of what i was alluding to, maybe he can be paid listed as a development coach/player so his wages don't affect the first team budget too much.

He's a great lad, who's had a good career, plus there's obviously still gas in the tank.

Central midfield is the one place I'm pretty confident out first choice is one of the best in the league.

He was the year above me in school, so he's no exactly a spring chicken in terms of football.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

Central midfield is the one place I'm pretty confident out first choice is one of the best in the league.

You won't be saying that when Joe Chalmers and Charlie Trafford roll into town on the 22nd of September.

Actually...

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Yeah.  I don't really understand that.  Who would he replace?  Presumably Lindsay, and push Paton further down the pecking order.  If Brian Graham fancied a return, I'd be all over that.

Good shout on Brian Graham.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottBurns75/status/1024615996445929472

Graham would be the final piece of the jigsaw for me. I thought he was pretty decent first time round, even if I did get a hard time from some folk. Him and Cowie would be a couple of very good signings.

2 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

Good shout on Brian Graham.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottBurns75/status/1024615996445929472

Graham would be the final piece of the jigsaw for me. I thought he was pretty decent first time round, even if I did get a hard time from some folk. Him and Cowie would be a couple of very good signings.

Ooh, go me.  I also correctly guessed Callum Morris.  

Brian Graham is probably the most polarising player County have ever had, but he's totally different from anyone else we have in the squad.  I thought he was great.  It also gives me an excuse to post this, in which he's strangely hypnotic from about 3 minutes.

I always thought Graham was more we were told to smash balls up for him to compete in the air, which isn't his strong point. I always liked him as a player. Unfortunantely too many fans think if you're a striker over six foot you should be an aerial wrecking machine.

I think he’s an improvement to the squad, but he’s still not the 15-20 goals per season I think we need to make the squad as good as it can be.  Having said that, I’ll take 1-0 wins with goals from a variety of players which is where I think we are at the moment.

Edited by Staggie52

We've also had a bid for Ross Stewart accepted by St Mirren.  I know nothing about him at all.  Hopefully he's fast.  But my word, that's a strong looking squad - except on the wing, and at centre half.