The General Ross County Chat Thread

Sorry but Tony Dingwall needs to be punted.

He's just not good enough for this level. He had a fairly average loan spell at Elgin last season and then bizarrely the club have given him two new contracts since.

Tony is 24 now so no longer a promising young player and has been given chance after chance but hopefully last night was the final straw.

Sorry but Tony Dingwall needs to be punted.
He's just not good enough for this level. He had a fairly average loan spell at Elgin last season and then bizarrely the club have given him two new contracts since.
Tony is 24 now so no longer a promising young player and has been given chance after chance but hopefully last night was the final straw.
But his name is Tony Dingwall. DINGWALL.

If that's not a reason to keep him, I don't know what is.

1 hour ago, StuartTaylor said:

Fraser and Fontaine were both out injured.

If that's the back line if those two are injured we are in for a long, long season. I hope we've learned from having no defensive cover. I really hope we have.

Highlights of the Arbroath game are up.

Thoughts:-

• Vigurs's passing is glorious but he lost the ball in stupid places a couple of times, which always made me wary of him being one of a two-man central midifeld or the holding midfielder.  The balance of him and Dykes together isn't a partnership for the medium term at least, but that really was Vigurs's first match so hopefully he loses that sloppiness with match practice. 
  • Dingwall actually looked quite influential in the first half, slipping plenty balls through to the forwards.  Terrible dive though - Fergie said in the P&J today that Dingwall claimed there was some contact, but he was on his way down.  Without the squad having a full-back who is outstanding in the final third we could better do with someone who stays wide more.
  • Stelios as a left-footed back-up right-back isn't a great option as cover for Fraser, to be honest.  He was hard done by at the penalty though, I think.
  • I don't see much that the centre-backs did wrong.  The goals at the corners weren't anything to do with them.  Morris had a scary moment in the lead up to the Kelly handball (ref called that correct IMO), and the defence was roasted by Hester's pace at the end but it looks like he could terrorise plenty teams on the counter attack.
  • County could have been two or three goals up before conceding.  That Mckay touch just past the far post was howfing and it seemed more easy to keep McManus's header on target than as high over the bar as it went.
  • The result is embarrassing but County created plenty chances and in another game wouldn't have conceded at least a couple of the goals.  It's not quite as bad as I thought from the highlights, but I appreciate I wasn't there so I can't fully judge.

Highlights of the Arbroath game are up.

Thoughts:-
  • Vigurs's passing is glorious but he lost the ball in stupid places a couple of times, which always made me wary of him being one of a two-man central midifeld or the holding midfielder.  The balance of him and Dykes together isn't a partnership for the medium term at least, but that really was Vigurs's first match so hopefully he loses that sloppiness with match practice. 
  • Dingwall actually looked quite influential in the first half, slipping plenty balls through to the forwards.  Terrible dive though - Fergie said in the P&J today that Dingwall claimed there was some contact, but he was on his way down.  Without the squad having a full-back who is outstanding in the final third we could better do with someone who stays wide more.
  • Stelios as a left-footed back-up right-back isn't a great option as cover for Fraser, to be honest.  He was hard done by at the penalty though, I think.
  • I don't see much that the centre-backs did wrong.  The goals at the corners weren't anything to do with them.  Morris had a scary moment in the lead up to the Kelly handball (ref called that correct IMO), and the defence was roasted by Hester's pace at the end but it looks like he could terrorise plenty teams on the counter attack.
  • County could have been two or three goals up before conceding.  That Mckay touch just past the far post was howfing and it seemed more easy to keep McManus's header on target than as high over the bar as it went.
  • The result is embarrassing but County created plenty chances and in another game wouldn't have conceded at least a couple of the goals.  It's not quite as bad as I thought from the highlights, but I appreciate I wasn't there so I can't fully judge.

Regarding Hester

12:10 into this, roasting Hearts boys from within his own half for pace

20 minutes ago, forkboy said:

Decent enough start to the season then, the Arbroath blip aside. Didn't we have a similar blip at the start of the season we won the First Division?

Beaten by Elgin at home in the Challenge Cup 1st round and hammered 5-1 at Hamilton early in the league.

47 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Beaten by Elgin at home in the Challenge Cup 1st round and hammered 5-1 at Hamilton early in the league.

Aye, Flynn was sent off just before half time, but we were 2-0 down by that point already.

I want it noted formally that I started the Harry Paton Fan Club. He's got a chance to be an important player for us. 

Think you’ll find it was started 12 months ago in Stenhousemuir. But happy to have a Dingwall branch too.

On 24/07/2018 at 14:25, Francesc Fabregas said:

Hi lads, hope you're all well and you're pumped to see Harry Paton win you the division.

Anyway, I recorded a bumper podcast with erstwhile Ross County hero Sean Higgins. In this first part, he talks exclusively about his seven years at Victoria Park.

I'm sure you'll find something worthwhile in here.

CLICK

Loved it, brilliant.

1 hour ago, beaver1 said:

Think you’ll find it was started 12 months ago in Stenhousemuir. But happy to have a Dingwall branch too.

I meant the dingwall leg. I live 2 minutes walk from stenny and watched him 3 times last year. Was delighted when we picked him up.