The General Ross County Chat Thread

15 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Oakley-fires-warning-to-title-rivals-19072018.htm

“There are teams coming down into the Championship who don’t know what the league is like,” he said.

Really good point by George Oakley here...no wait every County player in the main squad has played in the Championship before apart from Dow, Mckay, and DKD. :rolleyes:

To be fair, Oakley can only see things through tinted lenses.

2 hours ago, staggy4life said:

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Oakley-fires-warning-to-title-rivals-19072018.htm

“There are teams coming down into the Championship who don’t know what the league is like,” he said.

Really good point by George Oakley here...no wait every County player in the main squad has played in the Championship before apart from Dow, Mckay, and DKD. :rolleyes:

What a stupid comment to make considering the two teams coming down have a wealth of experience at this level. Majority of our squad has played in the Championship some as recent last last season. Archie has been promoted from the second tier as both player and manager. 

But... They do have Sean Welsh. So i'm sure they'll be fine. 

13 hours ago, sophia said:

Forgive me.

Is it another £1,000,000 this year.

It really must hurt you that a county fan loves investing his own money on the facilities and players he does, meanwhile ICT are running their pennies together longing for 4 stands and a quality of player like Sean Welsh. 

2 hours ago, CountyFan said:

Had any Highland Council handouts lately? 

Not that I'm particularly aware of, but here's hoping the upcoming infrastructure works at the Kessock Bridge will be managed to the advantage of the club.

2 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

It really must hurt you that a county fan loves investing his own money on the facilities and players he does, meanwhile ICT are running their pennies together longing for 4 stands and a quality of player like Sean Welsh. 

How long do you think he'll continue sinking £1,000,000 per year?

Hi lads, hope you're all well and you're pumped to see Harry Paton win you the division.

Anyway, I recorded a bumper podcast with erstwhile Ross County hero Sean Higgins. In this first part, he talks exclusively about his seven years at Victoria Park.

I'm sure you'll find something worthwhile in here.

CLICK

Hi lads, hope you're all well and you're pumped to see Harry Paton win you the division.
Anyway, I recorded a bumper podcast with erstwhile Ross County hero Sean Higgins. In this first part, he talks exclusively about his seven years at Victoria Park.
CLICK

Get the second part on soon Craig, long drive on Thursday

It's weird to see players I saw come up as young lads in the County side under Cooper/Smith who are the same age as me winding down their careers. Making me feel old.

21 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

CLICK

Nostalgia  is every bit as good as it used to be. Interesting inside view!

1-0 Mckay.

Arbroath not happy about a handball it appears.

2-1 down, Tony Dingwall sent off. Going to be a nailbiter on Saturday it seems.

Edited by Comrie

Let's just cancel this season and start again. Agreed?

If there’s one thing to be said for that, it was an extremely odd team, and a very unusual formation. When our first team plays, so far we’ve been fine. Our reserves... I choose not to think about.

When I saw no Fontaine and no Fraser I could tell we were not going to be solid at the back- possibly overconfidence thinking we'd save players for a decider at Alloa? Think it was daft to underestimate Arbroath if that was the case.

57 minutes ago, Comrie said:

When I saw no Fontaine and no Fraser I could tell we were not going to be solid at the back- possibly overconfidence thinking we'd save players for a decider at Alloa? Think it was daft to underestimate Arbroath if that was the case.

Yup.  Pretty disrespectful, and I'm sure Arbroath looked at the lineup and thought, "hold on a sec, here, we've got a real chance."

That said, this is, still, to all intents and purposes, pre-season.  These players had to get a game at some point, so I'm not in panic mode yet.  I stand by my view that the team lacks composure at centre back, pace on the wing, and trickery up front.