The General Ross County Chat Thread

55 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Rory McAllister is going to be the new Derek Riordan rumour for us.

Who in turn was the new Barry Wilson.

In fairness, I recall Derek Riordan attending a game with his agent (and/or a bouncer) and watching a County game at Dundee.  There was at least some truth to that rumour.

Edited by Savage Henry

Seems like they’re going to offer him a deal. Interesting stuff.

Very enjoyable match today ,Elgin’s keeper pulled off some good saves to keep the score down, like the look of Macangus although I thought he worked much better with Mckay than he did with Dow.... still can’t see what Dow offers over others but seems to be a player the managers like..
Mullins looked good when he come on also ...getting a goal as well..
Things certainly look more promising than they did at this time last season though

I thought Dow played well today, decent distribution and his movement between the lines caused Elgin a lot of problems. Very impressed with McManus, looks a real handful and has an excellent turn.

Very enjoyable match today ,Elgin’s keeper pulled off some good saves to keep the score down, like the look of Macangus although I thought he worked much better with Mckay than he did with Dow.... still can’t see what Dow offers over others but seems to be a player the managers like..
Mullins looked good when he come on also ...getting a goal as well..
Things certainly look more promising than they did at this time last season though

Midge very good today I thought too.

I thought that was one of Dow's better games, he had lots of touches and played some tidy combinations.   I was in the east stand but I could see the management encouraging him to make runs and look for the ball.  He produced a neat assist for the opener, a pass that was disguised as a shot which landed at McManus's toes.  Having said that, I still thought there were long enough spells in the match where I didn't see him, which shouldn't be the case for a 'number 10' in a side that had so much possession, but it's an improvement on last season.

McManus was fantastic, apart from his finishing.  He ought to be playing for a bottom-six Premiership team.  He would have been a great partner for Boyce.

I don't think it is easy to judge how much that performance reflects County's prospects this season, because their fitness was so far ahead of Elgin's, but the most notable thing was how hungry the team was to nick the ball in Elgin's half.  I haven't seen that from a County side since the start of that season they won the league cup, pre-Woods.

Edited by bunglebonce

I thought Lindsay and Draper did excellent work in the middle cleanly harassing Elgin players into heavy touches where they'd nick in and break away- one led to what I thought would have been Lindsay going off after he looked like he'd been caught. Lindsay appears to have bulked up a little and Draper lose some beef- Draper looked much better at covering ground yesterday.

I thought Dow did a lot of unappreciated work, including numerous wee runs and movement which the player with the ball often didn't seem to see. He occasionally looked a bit frustrated.

Hoping that the team develop a bit more sharpness, particularly in final touch. We could have had 4 or 5 goals.

Tony Dingwall's going to do nothing with this (yet another) chance, isn't he?

Positive otherwise.  The scoreline gave me the fear that this team lacks creativity and incisiveness, but it seems 2-0 flatters Elgin.

26 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Positive otherwise.  The scoreline gave me the fear that this team lacks creativity and incisiveness, but it seems 2-0 flatters Elgin.

It's the first competitive game of the season, give them some time before you write them off eh? 

40 minutes ago, Defender said:

Any highlights of the game yet?

I’ve re-organised my old bookmarks folder for piggybacking on other club’s highlights, because there’s a cat’s chance in hell of County doing it.  Elgin will probably have some up on their site by the end of today or tomorrow. 

There was someone in the West Stand with a camera on a tripod so someone was recording it. It looked like a lassie was fiddling around with it at half time and I'm pretty sure Elgin TV is run by a girl named Louise.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Out of curiosity did you manage to make the game yesterday....?

Still annoying to think fourth tier clubs can get highlights for fans who live abroad/elsewhere and we can't.

Looks like McManus was just onside, the lad with the ponytail (3 I think) played him on.

On 15/07/2018 at 13:01, Savage Henry said:

I guess that was a no. Not sure the Tony Dingwall comment is fair, given he was one of the few players trying to take people on. Given the team have only played a handful of friendlys and the season hasn’t really begun yet nobody could comment on the lack of creativity or incisiveness. While everyone’s allowed an opinion etc..... commenting on things with a lack of knowledge is unfair.