The General Ross County Chat Thread

9 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Rumours down here that you are close to signing Don Cowie from us.

He's building a house back up north apparently so wouldn't be surprised if it was in some sort of part playing/ part coaching capacity. Although we have a glut of CMs so not sure he's strictly needed at this point from a playing pint of view. 

2 hours ago, CountyFan said:

He's building a house back up north apparently so wouldn't be surprised if it was in some sort of part playing/ part coaching capacity. Although we have a glut of CMs so not sure he's strictly needed at this point from a playing pint of view. 

He's not remotely needed.  

I could quite see it happening at some point, though.  As Frank says, the lack of pace and creativity in the team is very obvious.  Our needs are elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

He's not remotely needed.  

I could quite see it happening at some point, though.  As Frank says, the lack of pace and creativity in the team is very obvious.  Our needs are elsewhere.

Which, going by previous Ross County transfer policy, means Cowie will sign this week.

36 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Which, going by previous Ross County transfer policy, means Cowie will sign this week.

Meh.

Shall we start predicting which one of our best players is given three games and released at Christmas?  My guess is Stelios Demetirou.
Edit: I notice the fitness guy that Liam Boyce thinks the world of has been given his jotters.  

Edited by Savage Henry

McAlister has turned down numerous full time teams over the past decade as he earns more plumbing and playing than he would full time. 

Assume it would me a, relatively, large wage that would finally tempt him to go full time. 

Not sure he's worth that for a team at this level. 

Not that I question McAllister's ability to be a good striker at this level, but the transition from part-time to full-time training isn't an easy one for a lot of players from a fitness and lifestyle point of view.  I can't imagine it would be seamless for a 31 year old who has spent the majority of his career at part-time level, to go to a club intent on promotion where he would have to produce good form instantly.  Strange rumour.

Edited by bunglebonce

McAllister has stated plenty of times that he wouldn't want to go back to full time football as he prefers working and playing (pretty sure he owns his own business too) so aye a wouldn't read to much into that unless yous are gonna offer him stupid wages.

Given some of the states he has *allegedly* turned up for training in I am not sure a full time club would be prepared to tolerate that kind of attitude.

1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

Not that I question McAllister's ability to be a good striker at this level, but the transition from part-time to full-time training isn't an easy one for a lot of players from a fitness and lifestyle point of view.  I can't imagine it would be seamless for a 31 year old who has spent the majority of his career at part-time level, to go to a club intent on promotion where he would have to produce good form instantly.  Strange rumour.

Exactly this. Look how long it took Liam Boyce to adjust to full time football, when he was 23/24. Would be an absolute waste of time imo.

11 hours ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

Don cowie may not be ‘needed’ but he’d be a better option than we have in midfield already which is an improvement, especially if he’s going into coaching, it’ll be beneficial long run! Did I hear a rumour that County are after Rory McAllister?

Is he?  Not really convinced he'd improve the central midfield area.  He'd slow it down a lot, if nothing else.

This and the McAllister rumour are a bit odd.