The General Ross County Chat Thread

21 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

No Jim O'Brien mentioned there either, despite still being spotted last week in the players favourite restaurant for cheeky eats.....

He's not gonna be playing for us this season. No question

What’s JOB actually like as a footballer? I can’t remember if he’s good/bad and we’re desperate for cm’s. 

Bits and pieces player. Some County fans really like him, some don’t quite see it.

1 hour ago, cilitbang said:

What’s JOB actually like as a footballer? I can’t remember if he’s good/bad and we’re desperate for cm’s. 

Struts about. Good at pressing/jockeying, terrible at tackling, decent range of passing, has a good shot but doesn’t shoot often enough. Capable of chucking it.

Fairly similar to Woods, in a few ways.

3 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Struts about. Good at pressing/jockeying, terrible at tackling, decent range of passing, has a good shot but doesn’t shoot often enough. Capable of chucking it.

Fairly similar to Woods, in a few ways.

You said the “W” word, no thanks!

ETA was hoping his lack of gametime was due to a fallout, and he’s actually decent with you all being distraught if he left :P

Edited by cilitbang

He is better than Woods.  He was a key player at the start of Coyle’s time as the deep playmaker, and improved in brief appearances further forward with the 3-2 win over Motherwell being a highlight.  He had that excellent turn on the ball at Tynecastle for Schalk’s shot that hit the woodwork.  Ultimately he didn’t have that productive a season for the role that he had and SFSK clearly didn’t want to start him. 

Edited by bunglebonce

16 hours ago, cilitbang said:

ETA was hoping his lack of gametime was due to a fallout

If rumours are to be believed, this is slightly true. However he's a very meh player. If we re-signed him, he'd clearly not be in the first choice XI

Since we're getting to that time of year, who fancies a guess at the line up for the first game of the season?

I expect:

Fox

Fraser        Fontaine     Morris

Mullin          Draper             Vigurs         Lindsay        Stelios

McKay            McManus

Subs: Munro, Kelly, Watson,  Gardyne, DKD, New ST

Is that rumoured new striker going to be the end of our summer business? I'd expect so

Edited by MarkPockets

On 6/27/2018 at 18:41, cilitbang said:

Watch him any time he tries to attempt a slide tackle for a laugh.

Trialist sleuths call to arms. On today’s Instagram, there’s a bloke who looks a bit like Giovanni Van Bronkhorst, on the far left of the first picture. Name please. I’m on my phone and have no idea how to link to an Instagram photo.