The General Ross County Chat Thread

On 22/06/2018 at 13:41, Forfinn said:

He might even be made captain with Davies all but away.

I was thinking this too but from what I could see last season, Fontaine is clearly the defender taking change at the back and the one organising those around him.

Is young Souttar going to be near the Stoke first team this season? I know he made mistakes but he's going to be a class centre half with a little more first team experience. 

I thought Fraser would be captain until this week, but it might well be Morris.

Why so? I’d have Fraser, Fontaine and Vigurs ahead of him in the queue.

Incidentally, gang, I’m very disappointed with the lack of squad number klaxons (Morris is 5).

^ Afraid not.  I'm just adding 2+2 together:  County could do with another left-back, Stelious Demetriou is free after not being offered a contract at St Mirren and staggy4life is good at laying down thick hints of imminent transfers.

Edited by bunglebonce

2 hours ago, StoneThrowAway said:

I really hope that’s a cheeky remark towards the silkiest player ever to player for county’s 3rd signing, however I’m not going to get my hopes up.... :wub:

That'd be glorious.  The seethe he generates among the older members of the County fan base who struggle with the concept of passing the ball out of defence is tremendous.

The St Mirren bloke sounds a bit more realistic though.  Is he dreamy?

Edit:  and worthwhile for this hilarity, it would seem.

Edited by Savage Henry

42 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Stelious Demetriou confirmed. Hopefully as iconic as the Oik.

One 'big' striker and I'd be fairly confident of a bounce back....

He will be number 12 this year.    The kit looks almost passable in the sunshine.

Edited by Savage Henry

Happy with that- think he's occasionally prone to a defensive lapse, but scores the odd goal, which would be useful.

Anyone that played 35 games for St Mirren last year is more than welcome. Especially in an area of the pitch where we are lacking. Now lets find out who this striker is that we're apparently signing and we should have a rather nice squad to be playing a 3-5-2 and dominate most teams next season.

Would mean that Fraser/Fonts/Morris would be the logical back three pairing. 

Do we have anyone that can cover at centre half other than those three (don't say Kelly, please)

Just now, Comrie said:

Would mean that Fraser/Fonts/Morris would be the logical back three pairing. 

Do we have anyone that can cover at centre half other than those three (don't say Kelly, please)

Griovisti or however it is spelt. Not sure if Watson can play in the middle? Kelly is the other who can cover there but i'd say we're probably sorted at the back now. There's always the U20's squad who can be used 

31 minutes ago, MarkPockets said:

Griovisti or however it is spelt. Not sure if Watson can play in the middle? Kelly is the other who can cover there but i'd say we're probably sorted at the back now. There's always the U20's squad who can be used 

I would too.

I'd *imagine* Watson will be more of a centre back, with the Livingston guy and Gardyne competing for right wing back, and Kelly and Demetriou (please be Demetriou) on the left.

And of course, whenever you play five at the back, it can quite easily shift into a four, with Mullin/Gardyne pushing forward and Fraser/Watson going to right back.  

Not a big fan of 3-5-2, but that's a pretty dominant midfield County are putting out there and it allows them to play more better players than a back four does.  Quite like these last few signings after being somewhat underwhelmed with the first couple.

Big tall striker, you say, eh?  Staggy4Life, what say you?