The General Ross County Chat Thread

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

He spent several months out with multiple concussions. Football handles head trauma terribly. And you’ll be aware that pre existing conditions are not always covered, I presume.

Fairly sure that United (and Curran) aren't buying insurance on the internet from Direct Line. But yeah, if they're genuinely less au fait with Curran's medical condition and the insurance required to cover that risk than some random blowhard on the internet then hell mend them. 

7 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Couple of the United fans have totally flipped at the thought of a third season down here.

Not even being the best team in Dundee must fucking sting tbf.

To be fair, Lochee Juniors are a beast of a team :thumsup2

Shame Naismith is away but was to be expected (we got some money for it so :thumsup2). Hope it means Fraser will be playing at RB as he's much stronger there than in the middle. Think a couple of the young players may be CBs? (could be talking shite) so an experienced head in there could be all we need for CB cover. LB has to be the focus now.

If Davies is away, thanks for the memories but his time is up. Constantly subbed off early in games last year and almost everyone could see it was going to happen. Looked like he was towing a tractor when he did make it to the 2nd half of games. Warren maybe wouldnt be the worst idea as a like for like replacement but I'm not up with how he's been injury wise/ performance wise.

Schalk will be a miss but he's no Boyce. I'm sure we can find someone for his amount of money if he gets a better off elsewhere. With the signings we've made I'd think we'll be playing 1 up front mostly next year which tends to suggest we're sorted in that area even if he leaves.

Knew that was coming. I hope there's a decent sell on fee in the deal. 

Clears the way for Fraser at RB. Now at least one centre half and a left back.

Updated now that Naismith's gone, and Dow apparently has signed on his reduced terms.

Signed (* Promoted Youth Players)
Fox
Fraser
Fontaine
Lindsay
Vigurs
Draper
Mullin
Mckay
McManus
Gardyne
Keillor-Dunn
Dow
Dykes
G. Morrison
T. Dingwall
R. Dingwall
* Grivosti
* McIver
* Munro
* Wallace

TBC
Davies (sounds all but gone)
Kelly (hasn't been mentioned once, anywhere by the press)
JOB (no word - although rumours at the end of last season suggest he was going to go)
Schalk (sounds all but gone)

Gone
Naismith (sold)
Routis
Curran
Mikkelsen
Chow
N'Gog
McCarey
Tumilty
Malcolm
Foden
S. Morrison
Ashmore
Kyle Johnson
Tansey
Kait
Melbourne
Souttar

Edited by Spain

28 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Dow re-signing seems like a big opportunity cost, when the squad needs a wide forward with pace.  Keillor-Dunn, Tony Dingwall and Dow are too similar in their style of play, let alone Gardyne.

It's a concern.  A definite concern.  The team looks really one paced.  Not unlike the team that started last season.

But as said above, Dow's only doing what he's entitled to.  That two (or was it three?) year contract was daft at the time, and downright inexplicable now. 

5 hours ago, Spain said:

Updated now that Naismith's gone, and Dow apparently has signed on his reduced terms.

Dow resigning seems odd. I know the Championship isn't the Premiership but eh.

58 minutes ago, forkboy said:

Dow resigning seems odd. I know the Championship isn't the Premiership but eh.

To be completely fair to the guy, he could have gone elsewhere and played more often and not had to reduce his wages.  If he wants to stay and try and make up for last season, I'm not going to bear ill-will.  Here's hoping he miraculously finds some consistency.  

ETA:  meanwhile...

giphy.gif

Edited by Savage Henry

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

To be completely fair to the guy, he could have gone elsewhere and played more often and not had to reduce his wages.  If he wants to stay and try and make up for last season, I'm not going to bear ill-will.  Here's hoping he miraculously finds some consistency. 

Are you sure?  Given the time it's taken for him to sign back on, I imagine he was on the lookout for better offers, which presumably were not forthcoming.