The General Ross County Chat Thread

3 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Ach hard lines lads, sorry to see you go albeit a fairly atrocious season by the standards set in recent years.

No highland representatives next season for the first time in a good few years, I've simply no idea where they'll send Kilmarnock on the Wednesday before Christmas 2018....

Aberdeen! 

2 hours ago, Jarballs said:

As an ICT supporter, the only reason I was happy for County to be relegated was the return of the Highland derby, away days at the Mallard. The seethe that our two teams and Hamilton cause amongst some fans and various media bell-ends by daring to be in the top flight is as bizarre as it is hilarious. I can only imagine the number of heads detonating down south when both cups were - albeit briefly - up here. If we were still in the Premiership I'd have been rooting for County to stay up today, pretty sure a lot of Caley Thistle fans would be the same. Now we're both in the Championship automatic promotion and four derby wins for us next season would be lovely ta, with our Highland neighbours beating some Premiership shitehawks in the play-off

your-tears-are-delicious-360x500_1_.jpg

Hopefully there aren't too many losses up at the Global Energy Stadium. Every staff member I have  encountered couldn't have made us felt any more welcome, especially in the aftermath of the 4-0. 

People forget that outwith the 11 diddies on the pitch, there are genuine, hard working people at the club who have to exchange pleasantries with opponents on a frequent basis, especially after a defeat. It's tough at the bottom but when we headed up in April for our "crunch" game, the PTFC media team received the best, if slightly underprepared, welcome but I hope every one of those people keeps their job. 

13 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Without sticking the knife in even further

:lol:  Your gatecrashing the thread and making up numbers is as inevitable as the Highland Council Chief Executive's discretionary fund paying out for ICT's benefit.  See you next season.

11 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Yeah a 1 time grant 20 years ago and several millions pumped in year on year, definitely the same.

Public money loaned out, how did ict get on with the repayments btw?

And imagine the shocking behaviour of a major shareholder investing in the club instead of freeloading, shocking behaviour indeed :huh:

Ooft you lads aren’t taking this well are you?  

I think if you went down without several thousands a week getting chucked at absolute haddies, folk, including me, would be more sympathetic.

11 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Absolutely devasted to learn there’s a fellow Drakies boy who supports Ross County tbh.

I may live in Drakies but that doesn't mean I've always been a County supporter. I spent most of my life supporting Clach but, when I decided to start watching Scottish League football in 2001, it was an easy decision to go to County.

I'd rather set fire to my money than give it to whatever incarnation of Caley is on the go these days.

8 minutes ago, Drakies Staggie said:

I may live in Drakies but that doesn't mean I've always been a County supporter. I spent most of my life supporting Clach but, when I decided to start watching Scottish League football in 2001, it was an easy decision to go to County.

I'd rather set fire to my money than give it to whatever incarnation of Caley is on the go these days.

A really poor decision on your part IMO.

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

Public money loaned out, how did ict get on with the repayments btw?

And imagine the shocking behaviour of a major shareholder investing in the club instead of freeloading, shocking behaviour indeed :huh:

"investing in the club" is different to the financial doping that's happened at County over the past decade. 

3 minutes ago, Drakies Staggie said:

Jealous? How much have the Browns paid into your club? 

They paid a fee for Billy Dodds once and then took all the money when he was sold on, apart from that they've invested nothing. That's why we spend almost a decade stuck in the second tier while every other club was spending themselves to oblivion. 

You lot spent £100k on Ross Draper and offered Brian Graham well over £2k a week to be a back up striker. If you're genuinely deluded enough to somehow think your past few seasons spend is even close to realistic or sustainable then you're in for a dough ride when McGregor goes. 

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They paid a fee for Billy Dodds once and then took all the money when he was sold on, apart from that they've invested nothing. That's why we spend almost a decade stuck in the second tier while every other club was spending themselves to oblivion. 

You lot spent £100k on Ross Draper and offered Brian Graham well over £2k a week to be a back up striker. If you're genuinely deluded enough to somehow think your past few seasons spend is even close to realistic or sustainable then you're in for a dough ride when McGregor goes. 

A dough ride ? Does that mean they are on the Bread Line when McGregor goes ?

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

A dough ride ? Does that mean they are on the Bread Line when McGregor goes ?

Yes, thanks for being smart enough to get my incredibly subtle joke. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

"investing in the club" is different to the financial doping that's happened at County over the past decade. 

What a load of bollocks. County’s owner has been nothing but great for them. If McGregor wants to pump about a million a year into them so be it. I’m sure we’d all like someone like him at our own clubs. 

Nothing like kicking  someone in the balls when they are down aye. I can understand ICT fans but a wee Perth Sainteeeee FFS. 

Hopefully yourselves or ICT get up next season, not at my club’s expense tho. I think it’s good for the game and prefer to see top level football spread throughout the country rather than the 40 odd miles between Glasgow and Edinburgh. 

Edited by Yenitit

10 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

What a load of bollocks. County’s owner has been nothing but great for them. If McGregor wants to pump about a million a year into them so be it. I’m sure we’d all like someone like him at our own clubs. 

I'm utterly stunned to see a Dundee fan, whos own club gets their debts written off every season by their owners private funds, trying to defend financial doping.

STUNNED.