The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Had this precise conversation with Bobby Mann and Steve Hislop on Twitter earlier. Grant Munro and Iain Vigurs were genuine mistakes by ICT, but otherwise we've had their freebies and they've had our stars. Until today.

Don't think Grant Munro was a mistake tbh. Seemed like a mad decision to release him at the time but I'm sure the next season was the start of the Warren/Meekings partnership.

You are right about he acceptance though. The transfer makes so much sense for Draper. Gets to play at a higher level, (I imagine) earn more money and he doesn't have to relocate his family.

The worst thing for me is that he was in the press a few weeks back saying he was happy at the club and if the clubs couldn't agree a fee then that's that. To then go and hand in a transfer request is a right kick into the c**t, especially 1 week into the season.

Edited by PB1994

I'm putting myself forward for the heads gone thread. I'm angrier than non deluded dee right now.

It's an absolute kick in the baws losing a good player to a rival. I feel your pain man.

Good signing by County, but fucking right I'd be raging at the player, right move or not, if he handed in a transfer request to go to a rival.

Great signing, exactly what we have been missing since Ketts, transfer request to come over the bridge makes him an instant fan favourite with the County support! Him and Billy seemed to be loving life at the highlands only premier football arena last night, think there's room for 1 more. 

Draper hates the Caley da na na na! 

I didn't make the game last night due to illness, but I heard Kelly had a tough time against Cadden?

Motherwell sound much improved from last season.

20 hours ago, humbleheart said:

We should have that song playing when we come on every week instead of that dross from Rigrun in my humble opinion

18 hours ago, Forfinn said:

Bring back Zeto by Wolfstone, I say.

17 hours ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

#AnnounceDraper  #AnnounceZeto

Announce the O'Jays:

Fox
Naismith
Fraser
Davies
kelly
Draper
Lindsay
Gardyne
O'Brien
Dow
Schalk

In a 4-2-3_1 formation I think would be our best option, was very tempted to put curran a head for his work rate but equally Mikkelsen for a target man, strikers have a lot to prove this year. Another winger would be good but young Davis Keillor Dunn last night looked wonderful when he came on. Oozing with confidence (get him more game time). Lindsay had another great performance, really think he has potential. I'm confident in the team we have. Would love An Ali Crawford signing to play in front or lyndsay and Draper but that's just me being greedy :/

I was impressed by Davis Keillor-Dunn on the most part, and I've been loathed to post this for a few days due to likely being shot down in flames for daring to criticise one of our youth players - but he played a big part in us losing the deciding goal on Wednesday night. It was a poor over-hit pass over the top for him from Kelly, but DKD went on to duck the clearance (it would have hit him at shoulder height otherwise), and then not track his man as they broke up the park and he went on to be involved in the goal. It's a small criticism, but hopefully the video analyst picked up on it and it can be used to help teach him and help him improve. Otherwise, going forward he certainly didn't lack confidence and appeared to have the ability to take on players at ease. Would like to see more.

Also, re the formation above. It's clear to me from the tactics Jim tried to employ in the first half that our team at present is set up more for the likes of Billy McKay when he's fit than Schalk. Maybe a midfield of Draper, JOB & Lindsay may be able to mix it up more, like JOB's ball over the top for Schalk's goal but otherwise finding the wingers and then trying to cross it in at head height for Schalk is never going to be all that fruitful.

3 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

P&J today says two years.

on DK-D, Spain is spot on and there is a reason why Jim doesn't throw the kids in willy nilly. 

Really surprised at that given he had the same amount of time left on his contract with us. Thought he might have bagged a 3 year deal unless he wants to go back down south in the future.

In a shocking turn of events it sounds like ICT have had a full bodied minter (sorry BB) over this transfer. Quelle surprise.

There might be a Woods-esque option in there that hasn't been announced - or Jimbo might have learned his lesson. Three years made makes sense given the size of outlay, but Jimbo has been shifting midfielders on in their early 30s.

Edited by bunglebonce

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Really surprised at that given he had the same amount of time left on his contract with us. Thought he might have bagged a 3 year deal unless he wants to go back down south in the future.

In a shocking turn of events it sounds like ICT have had a full bodied minter (sorry BB) over this transfer. Quelle surprise.

Re Minter

ICT left looking a bit shabby from Draper's interview. He claimed he had been asked to submit a transfer request. This followed Robbo's announcement that Draper wanted to play in Premiership and put in the transfer request, implying RD wanted away.

I'm not necessarily entirely swallowing big Drapes' version either though. Why wouldn't he want the move? I think he just didn't want to appear disloyal or disrespectful to ICT in how he went about it. Now they have given him plenty leeway to paint it that ICT were not straight in their dealings, and to even imply that he didn't want to leave - or at least was perfectly happy to stay. So the lure of a fee to the unprincipled and dastardly ICT meant he was handcuffed and bundled into a van, over the bridge to Dingwall.

23 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

Re Minter

ICT left looking a bit shabby from Draper's interview. He claimed he had been asked to submit a transfer request. This followed Robbo's announcement that Draper wanted to play in Premiership and put in the transfer request, implying RD wanted away.

I'm not necessarily entirely swallowing big Drapes' version either though. Why wouldn't he want the move? I think he just didn't want to appear disloyal or disrespectful to ICT in how he went about it. Now they have given him plenty leeway to paint it that ICT were not straight in their dealings, and to even imply that he didn't want to leave - or at least was perfectly happy to stay. So the lure of a fee to the unprincipled and dastardly ICT meant he was handcuffed and bundled into a van, over the bridge to Dingwall.

The way I interpret it is simply County bid for the guy, Draper expressed an interest in leaving and ICT have said okay then but stick in a transfer request so it makes us look like we had no choice in the matter. I wouldn't believe ICT if they told me the sky was blue right now.

Edited by RiG

10 minutes ago, RiG said:

The way I interpret it is simply County bid for the guy, Draper expressed an interest in leaving and ICT have said okay then but stick in a transfer request so it makes us look like we had no choice in the matter. I wouldn't believe ICT if they told me the sky was blue right now.

Aye, looks like both parties were in an uncomfortable position and wanted it to happen, just couldn't agree who'd be the fall guy.

If rumours are right and Draper missed out on a percentage of the fee by formally submitting a request, then that stinks a bit too, but the whole situation was just a bit too uncomfortable and messy for everyone.

Apart from Ross County, we seem to have done fine.  Which is nice.

Edited by dingdong1929