The General Ross County Chat Thread

Its a big blow for sure losing Boyce but we were never going to keep hold of him.  Priority now must be too use the funds to strengthen the squad in the forward areas. 

Edited by tintax

16 hours ago, Russia Elects Cobweb said:

Cheerio you fat ginger gimp! :lol:

Hope roy donates all profits to the free kirk.

See yous next season tinkers!

Better get that Fort William striker signed up before you're gazumped by County.

Spoiler

IMG_1519.JPG

Edited by Staggie_93

Yep well done.  It, quite literally, took Uncle Roy and Global Energy a full generation to overtake iCT.  He got there eventually so you have to hand it to him.

13 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yep well done.  It, quite literally, took Uncle Roy and Global Energy a full generation to overtake iCT.  He got there eventually so you have to hand it to him.

There's a bit of searching for relevance here. I'm sure ICT were never Roy's target and he, like many, if not most, County fans I know hoped you would stay up. It's about playing at the highest level we can, if there's two Highland teams at the highest level all the better. Winning against ICT is always good as local rivals, but given the choice of a top 6 finish and losing heavily to ICT or being in the bottom 6 and hammering them three times is a no brainer. Top 6 is the aim and Europe a dream irrespective of where ICT are.

I'll not say much about the Roy and Global Energy comment, but clearly we have a Board, not just an individual, who put money into the club. Most teams do, and when the Board don't put money in there's usually an outcry from fans urging them to put some in. Roy might be the leader of the pack, but there is a pack.

Meh

County signing klaxon!!!!111

Max Ashmore has left the South Side of Glasgow to join Ross County.  He's a 20 year old central midfielder signed for the first team.
He'd best be wonderful.
Hear Ye, Hear Ye.

Just searched the guy up on google, only things coming up is that he was lucky to be booked for pulling James McFadden's shorts down during and under 20's game, dear dear

11 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Just searched the guy up on google, only things coming up is that he was lucky to be booked for pulling James McFadden's shorts down during and under 20's game.

Max Ashmore @max_ashmore 1 Aug 2016 teaching the kids the bouncy at a South African school #everywherewego

#bantz

7 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Bet you're shitting it now, you can't even dream of signing Max Ashmore. To be fair I don't think many dreamt it.

15 hours ago, Ivors_thick_lip said:

500k for your prized asset is pretty poor.

At least Accies got £3.97m for McCarthy which kept a good quality of brandy in the boardroom for a long while Still does.

We'd probably have not resigned & we'd have lost him for free if there was no release clause. It's shite but it's what it is.

40 minutes ago, forkboy said:

We'd probably have not resigned & we'd have lost him for free if there was no release clause. It's shite but it's what it is.

Pretty much this.  There's a lot of folk bemoaning these release clauses and saying we shouldn't use them, but the fact is they're inserted in to contracts to persuade the player to sign on for longer.  We'd have lost Irvine and Boyce sooner, and probably for even less money, without them.

With it only being just over a week until our first pre-season game of the new season, it is slightly concerning that we've signed next to nae c**t. I assume all the players are back at training too? Can't wait for the influx of new players all at once next week..

Spoiler

:unsure:

^^^ There wont be a massive influx of new players, we already have a competitive squad. Schalk needs to prove himself this season, also think Curran after a full pre-season fit will be back to somewhere near his best.

The likes of McShane and Woods have to get off the wage bill before we make many more signings I think.

I am not expecting a replacement for Boyce anytime before the season starts. I think the club will see what's available on the season long loan front 1st.

I fully expect some of the U20's we saw so successful last season get they're chance in the 1st team squad.

Edited by Bri RCFC

^^^ There wont be a massive influx of new players, we already have a competitive squad. Schalk needs to prove himself this season, also think Curran after a full pre-season fit will be back to somewhere near his best.
The likes of McShane and Woods have to get off the wage bill before we make many more signings I think.
I am not expecting a replacement for Boyce anytime before the season starts. I think the club will see what's available on the season long loan front 1st.
I fully expect some of the U20's we saw so successful last season get they're chance in the 1st team squad.

You might be right, but that squad gets relegated. If the plan is for Burke to be given another year if he recovers - and the way I read it he was offered a short term deal in order to find another club, like Dingwall - then that explains the lack of a winger. But that midfield remains limited.

The only signing news is that of the Development squad (from P&J):

"Ross County have signed youngsters Max Ashmore, Kyle Johnson and Nathan Turner on one-year contracts. Midfielder Ashmore, 19, has joined following his release by Rangers, where he captained the Ibrox club’s under-20s team. Former Falkirk defender Johnson, 19, and former Bury attacker Turner, 18, have signed after being released by their clubs. All three will start with Stuart Kettlewell’s under-20s side, which won the Development League last season".

Our annual overseas pre-season training camp starts a week Sunday in La Manga, and no fixtures have been announced yet. Presumably they are not expecting any fans to attend. I don't know of anyone going, which seems a bit odd given the reasonable numbers we have taken to Hungary and The Netherlands in past seasons. Anyone going?