The General Ross County Chat Thread

Considering he is being allowed to extend players contracts, Jim is going to be here next season, isn't he?

A few weeks ago I was convinced he would be punted whether we survived or not, not now. 

Edited by StuartTaylor

I suspect this is to pre-empt the fact our neighbours will likely be charging less for their Championship games next season. This will be to try and hold on to / increase our edge and appeal.

It means I'm likely to get a season ticket again, even though I won't make full use of it, so they'll get more money from me than they would otherwise. Others might feel the same.

36 minutes ago, punk_dfc said:

Fair play to County but is it likely that season ticket sales will increase 33% to offset the 33% decrease per season ticket?

It's a tough one for the board and hope it pays off for them.

It's only for the Jailend though, which is damn near empty these days. Quite a lot of folk talking about getting them that wouldn't normally bother - including the central staggies group getting a few between them all.

Edit: In fact, even I'd consider it. I'm a hospitality w****r, but this season I ended up going outside for a few games for various reasons. The only thing putting me off is that I hate the view from the Jailend.

Edited by Spain

According to Lauchlan'sLeftBoot on OTB "..., the club is introducing an Early Bird Discount on season tickets for the East and West Stands which will see supporters receive a 10 per cent discount on their season ticket if they buy it between May 22 and June 10."

That's a welcome reduction on my full price £360 Westander ticket. It's a significant outlay for me every year and always subject to severe fiscal scrutiny. 

Welcome move from the Board, bold and forward-looking. Makes me feel gooder about the club.

Funny the official club site is the last to tell us

Yes. Somebody really dropped the ball on what was at one point a much improved website. Shame really as the club is way behind the times on promoting itself.

Guest Ieuan16
44 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Yes. Somebody really dropped the ball on what was at one point a much improved website. Shame really as the club is way behind the times on promoting itself.

Advertising one of the Highland Derby fixtures on Twitter with a pic of Scott Boden scoring was a gem.

The club's social media is beyond a joke.

Advertising one of the Highland Derby fixtures on Twitter with a pic of Scott Boden scoring was a gem.
The club's social media is beyond a joke.

I genuinely thought they were trolling, but sheer incompetency probably explains that better.

Though they do get bonus marks for finding a picture of Scott Boden scoring a goal. Can't say they didn't put the hours in.