The General Ross County Chat Thread

Can't say I remember much of O'Brien from his time at Motherwell. Looks like he's played in about half of Shrewsbury's fixtures this season. Hopefully he offers a bit more than Franks and provides an adequate stop-gap between now and whenever Burke is fit again. Does this put to bed the GMS transfer?

Nice to have Naismith signed up following Erik's departure although he's got a fight on his hands to get much game time between now and the end of the season, what with Fraser's string of decent performances.

Twitter rumours suggested a Croatian midfielder on trial? If that's a goer then hopefully McShane gets shifted out on-loan. There's a decent bottom six player in there but he needs game time to find that ability.

Guest Ieuan16
15 minutes ago, yoda said:

Twitter rumours suggested a Croatian midfielder on trial? If that's a goer then hopefully McShane gets shifted out on-loan. There's a decent bottom six player in there but he needs game time to find that ability.

I don't think it's necessarily game time that he needs.

It's more the case of him imposing himself when he is in the starting eleven, for me. He's far too passive. When he does take the game by the scruff of neck (3-2 loss at home to Aberdeen, for example), there's a real player there.

I can't see him breaking back into the team with Chow and Routis performing so well together and with Woods the favourite to deputise for either one of them.

I'm not convinced that either Franks or Dingwall are good enough as wide players at this level.
I'd even rather see McLaughlin given match time at wide left, he can certainly cross a good ball into the box.
Welcome to The County Jim O'Brien [emoji4]

I think Tony had been great this season, bit more end product and a run in the starting 11 would shape him very well

1 hour ago, staggy4life said:

McLaughlin away on loan to St.Mirren was the chat I heard this morning. Would make sense if that was part of the Naismith deal.

I have no idea why this hasn't happened long before now.  I think he might be our best left back.

6 hours ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

I think Tony had been great this season, bit more end product and a run in the starting 11 would shape him very well

What are you watching? He's been anonymous at best. He doesn't have it and being from Dingwall isn't enough to make him have it. Time to move on. 

18 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

What are you watching? He's been anonymous at best. He doesn't have it and being from Dingwall isn't enough to make him have it. Time to move on. 

A wee bit harsh. He's certainly got some ability but is always played wide when I suspect he'd rather be more central. Sometimes a player just needs a run of starts and a bit of luck to move up. One thing I liked about him from the first time I saw him is that he has good vision and tried passes that others didn't anticipate. I wouldn't write him off but a period on loan in a lower league would make or break him IMO.

If highlights of St Mirren's recent match are anything to go by, Naismith is going to take a little time to adjust before we see the best of him... if and when he gets games.

I see Jimbo go radge at Kenny VdW almost every week, for leaving less space than Naismith does to his marker here.

1 hour ago, Staggie52 said:

A wee bit harsh. He's certainly got some ability but is always played wide when I suspect he'd rather be more central. Sometimes a player just needs a run of starts and a bit of luck to move up. One thing I liked about him from the first time I saw him is that he has good vision and tried passes that others didn't anticipate. I wouldn't write him off but a period on loan in a lower league would make or break him IMO.

The poster I replied to called him 'great'. There's only about four players in the history of Ross County that I would call 'great'. 

7 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

The poster I replied to called him 'great'. There's only about four players in the history of Ross County that I would call 'great'. 

I was replying to you when you said "he doesn't have it" and "time to move on", I thought that was harsh and still do, but like yours it's an opinion.

17 hours ago, CountyFan said:

Billy Ferries, Karim Boukraa, Liam Boyce & Jackson Irvine?

Because we'll have words if you don't include the first two.