The General Ross County Chat Thread

I thought he could be one that we'd be interested in.

Tbh i've not been impressed whenever i've seen him play but i trust jim and billy's judgement if they want to go for him.

There's been speculation for weeks now about GMS and more recently Armstrong, although unlikely I much rather either of these to Liam Henderson.

Edited by frankthetank22

Liam Henderson was a strong rumour doing the rounds a month or so ago, quite early into pre-season.
That's died a bit now and the rumour has been GMS for the last few weeks/month.
Armstrong seems to have been added to the rumour in the last few days, but I've not heard anyone I trust think that's going to happen.

Would be stunned if either GMS or Armstrong happened.  
Henderson less so, but he featured for Celtic last week, and if he did go anywhere i would imagine that returning to Hibs and playing under Lennon would appeal more than us?
FWIW, I rate Henderson, thought he was decent against us, and I thought he turned the Scottish Cup Final when he came on, at least his set-pieces did.

As long as we get someone in who is a better leftwinger than Foster, Franks, or Dingwall, I'll be happy.

Just for the avoidance of any doubt about how loans work, given there will be a bit of speculation:

• You're only allowed one loan player from a particular club if you compete in the same division
  • You're allowed four loans registered at any one time, five in the calendar year
  • Only one of the four is allowed to be over-age ie not an u21.
  • Those only apply to domestic SPFL loans; there is no restriction to international loans (which are legally more like short term permanent deals with an obligation to return the registration)

TL;DR - County will only be getting one loan player from Celtic, if any at all.  I'd rather it was GMS.

Edited by bunglebonce

1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

Just for the avoidance of any doubt about how loans work, given there will be a bit of speculation:

• You're only allowed one loan player from a particular club if you compete in the same division - SO WE CANT GET BOTH GMS AND ARMSTRONG
  • You're allowed four loans registered at any one time, five in the calendar year - OK
  • Only one of the four is allowed to be over-age ie not an u21 - SO WE CANT GET BOTH GMS AND ARMSTRONG
  • Those only apply to domestic SPFL loans; there is no restriction to international loans (which are legally more like short term permanent deals with an obligation to return the registration) SO WE CANT GET BOTH GMS AND ARMSTRONG

TL;DR - County will only be getting one loan player from Celtic, if any at all.  I'd rather it was GMS.

So that's pretty clear, we're not getting both.  Unless Celtic do a County and just give them to us as permanent signings for free, which wont happen for a number of very good reasons (mainly business sense and player ambition).  I would love to be wrong on that though!

I'd prefer GMS too. Armstrong can do a job on the left but he's much better in the middle, GMS is exactly what we miss on the left.
Also, GMS playing for County 1st team is a scratch I've wanted to itch for c.10 years now.

12 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

He's from Chinese Taipei, or at least his grandfather was.  I think he's wonderful just because of that.

Is he the Taipei player we've been looking for?

(Oh wait, this isn't the DP).