The Creepy & The Strange

Asked chatgpt to make a creepypasta about Morton...

Once upon a time, there was a small Scottish football club called Greenock Morton. They had a loyal fanbase, but they were never the most successful team on the field. However, there was something strange about the club that only a few people knew about.

Legend had it that the club was cursed by a group of witches who lived in the nearby hills. The witches were angry that the club had been built on land that was sacred to them, and they put a curse on the team. They said that the team would never be successful and that they would always be plagued by bad luck.

Over the years, strange things started to happen to the team. Players would get injured in mysterious ways, the pitch would be waterlogged on sunny days, and the team would lose matches that they should have won. Some people even claimed to have seen strange figures lurking around the stadium at night.

As the years went by, the curse seemed to get stronger. The team struggled to stay in the league, and their fanbase dwindled. The once proud club was now a shadow of its former self.

One night, a group of brave fans decided to investigate the curse. They went up into the hills to the witches' lair, but they were never seen again. Some say that they were taken by the witches, while others believe that they were scared off by what they saw.

To this day, the curse of Greenock Morton remains. The team continues to struggle, and the strange happenings around the stadium persist. Some say that if you go to a match and listen carefully, you can hear the witches' cackling laughter in the wind. Others claim that if you look closely, you can see their ghostly figures lurking in the shadows.

If you ever find yourself in Greenock, be warned. The curse of Greenock Morton is real, and it's not to be taken lightly.

On 04/03/2023 at 12:01, Venti said:

Asked chatgpt to make a creepypasta about Morton...

Once upon a time, there was a small Scottish football club called Greenock Morton. They had a loyal fanbase, but they were never the most successful team on the field. However, there was something strange about the club that only a few people knew about.

Legend had it that the club was cursed by a group of witches who lived in the nearby hills. The witches were angry that the club had been built on land that was sacred to them, and they put a curse on the team. They said that the team would never be successful and that they would always be plagued by bad luck.

Over the years, strange things started to happen to the team. Players would get injured in mysterious ways, the pitch would be waterlogged on sunny days, and the team would lose matches that they should have won. Some people even claimed to have seen strange figures lurking around the stadium at night.

As the years went by, the curse seemed to get stronger. The team struggled to stay in the league, and their fanbase dwindled. The once proud club was now a shadow of its former self.

One night, a group of brave fans decided to investigate the curse. They went up into the hills to the witches' lair, but they were never seen again. Some say that they were taken by the witches, while others believe that they were scared off by what they saw.

To this day, the curse of Greenock Morton remains. The team continues to struggle, and the strange happenings around the stadium persist. Some say that if you go to a match and listen carefully, you can hear the witches' cackling laughter in the wind. Others claim that if you look closely, you can see their ghostly figures lurking in the shadows.

If you ever find yourself in Greenock, be warned. The curse of Greenock Morton is real, and it's not to be taken lightly.

I could learn to love that website:

"Deep in the heart of Scotland, there was a football forum website called P&B. It was a place where passionate football fans would come to discuss their favorite teams, players, and games. But this website had a dark secret that only a few knew about.

One day, a group of young football enthusiasts logged on to chat on P&B. They thought it would be fun to discuss the latest news in Scottish football and share their opinions on various players and teams. But little did they know that they had stumbled upon something sinister.

As they were chatting away, one of them noticed a strange post in the forum. It was written in an old Scottish dialect that they didn't understand. Suddenly, the screen went black, and a voice spoke through the speakers, saying, "You should not have come here, virgins."

The group was terrified, and they tried to leave the chat room, but the door wouldn't open. They were trapped. The voice continued to speak, saying that they had to solve a riddle to leave the room.

The riddle was a complex one, and it seemed impossible to solve. But as they pondered over it, they started to hear strange noises outside. It sounded like someone was walking towards them, dragging their feet along the ground.

The group panicked and began to scream, but the voice on the speaker remained calm, urging them to solve the riddle. The footsteps grew louder, and suddenly, the door opened, and a ghostly figure appeared before them.

The ghostly figure was wearing a Scottish football jersey and was holding a bloody dagger. The group tried to run, but they couldn't move. The ghostly figure laughed, and the voice spoke once more, saying that they were now trapped in the P&B chat room forever.

The group of virgins were never seen again, and the P&B website continued to attract more football fans. But some say that if you visit the Scottish football forum late at night, you can still hear the ghostly laughter of the vengeful spirit, and if you are a virgin, you might just become its next victim."

• 2 months later...

Had another "big cat" sighting the other weekend.
Heading North towards the Tay Road Bridge on the A92.

Big dark coloured thing running across the field to the left near St Fort.
Had someone else in the motor who also saw it and said it was a cat.

Spun round the Five Roads Roundabout and went back for another look but was away.

Would love to get a closer look but they're elusive buggers.
Was in the middle of the afternoon too which seemed unusual as I think they tend to be most active at dawn and dusk.

On 13/09/2021 at 22:00, Derek Patterson said:

Just rediscovered this thread and figured a "big cat" sighting from a few weeks back was appropriate. More a strange cryptid as opposed to something genuinely otherworldly but odd all the same.

Date/time: 27/07/21 21:50

Details: I'd just passed the highest point on the road, just slightly northwest of Lumley Den and headed towards Glamis. Just as I was approaching the western end of Calfward Wood and the cottage on the opposite side of the road, I saw what appeared to be a long, dark cat run from right to left. Definitely feline by the shape and movement but even from distance, noticeably larger than a domestic cat. Looked like it went into a tree/bushes on the left. I managed to stop where I thought it went through but couldn't see anything given it was already getting darker and there was fog sat on the hills. I don't think it went right into the fields as it was lighter coloured crops and I didn't see any movement. Thinking it was maybe down by a ditch/burn or in the long grass.

From what I've read, this does seem to be a history of big cat sightings in and around the northern Sidlaws. Wish I had a dash cam so I could have gotten a better look at it.

Screenshot_20210913-215701.png

Screenshot_20210913-215913~2.png

Just this evening spoken to someone who lived on this road and also saw one with the same description 2.5 miles away from where my sighting was, maybe a year or two prior.

Also a very recent and again similar sighting from the other day, just about 10 mins further east, on the other side of the A90.

My dad's mate came from Tannadice near Forfar and he used to claim there were big cats up that way.

I thought it was shite myself although there are ancient legends in Britain of black animals like the Shuck.

On 30/05/2023 at 23:25, tamthebam said:

My dad's mate came from Tannadice near Forfar and he used to claim there were big cats up that way.

I thought it was shite myself although there are ancient legends in Britain of black animals like the Shuck.

I'd figure that anything of that ilk which is out there comes from back in the day when keeping exotic pets was popular amongst rich types. Changes to legislation and just the hassle associated with taking care with such a thing led to a load of them just being punted into the wild decades back.

Probably more around than you'd think but they're generally that stealthy that you really don't see them much at all. They'd most likely be well out of the way before you ever got near them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/06/2023 at 21:02, Derek Patterson said:

I'd figure that anything of that ilk which is out there comes from back in the day when keeping exotic pets was popular amongst rich types. Changes to legislation and just the hassle associated with taking care with such a thing led to a load of them just being punted into the wild decades back.

Probably more around than you'd think but they're generally that stealthy that you really don't see them much at all. They'd most likely be well out of the way before you ever got near them.

Only thing I wonder, is there really enough of them to breed and continue surviving to this day?

On 30/05/2023 at 20:24, Derek Patterson said:

Had another "big cat" sighting the other weekend.
Heading North towards the Tay Road Bridge on the A92.

Big dark coloured thing running across the field to the left near St Fort.
Had someone else in the motor who also saw it and said it was a cat.

Spun round the Five Roads Roundabout and went back for another look but was away.

Would love to get a closer look but they're elusive buggers.
Was in the middle of the afternoon too which seemed unusual as I think they tend to be most active at dawn and dusk.

This is where I grew up and there was always talk of big cats being around, to the point where we'd get spooked and leg it if we were out walking on the nature trails and heard a noise in the bushes. 

Supposedly there was a 'panther', although conveniently no evidence other than the occasional local's claim they'd seen it.

44 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

This is where I grew up and there was always talk of big cats being around, to the point where we'd get spooked and leg it if we were out walking on the nature trails and heard a noise in the bushes. 

Supposedly there was a 'panther', although conveniently no evidence other than the occasional local's claim they'd seen it.

In Greenock we have humans that turn into cats.