The Creepy & The Strange

7 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

That case always looked to me like it was something quite simple like that. They maybe drank some dodgy knockoff vodka, went a bit mad through exposure and then local wildlife picked at the tasty bits like eyeballs. Or they got battered by a yeti.

I think the car crash injuries and radiation burns would suggest otherwise.

there was an interesting thread on another forum I read that suggested some of the pictures released by the local authorities were edited and some of the pictures and examples used were pretty convincing tbh.

13 hours ago, Shotgun said:

It's one of the symptoms of exposure. People believe they're burning up and start stripping off the warm clothing which could save them.

I recall one science program where somebody was wired up and subjected himself to the cold in the middle of the night on a mountain side while others monitored his vital signs.

At the first sign of trouble they would come in and rescue him.

He started off saying how cold it was, wondering why he had been stupid enough to volunteer and basically having a miserable time.

Later he said "you know something.  It's not that bad.  I am getting used to this."

At that point they rushed in and took him away.  He was totally surprised by their actions.

On 12/12/2019 at 22:53, Big Gus said:

It's been a consistently good thread.

Good shout on the Flannan Isle mystery. It's a cracking one to read up on. Common sense says that rough seas swept them away but it's got loads to ponder.

The log book entries are weird. Potentially a case of "collective madness"? Also, one crew member seemed a loose cannon.

A cracking mystery.

Maybe he blew the rest of them up.

On 16/01/2020 at 19:06, MixuFixit said:

This starlings that were all found mysteriously dead were just shit at flying and accidentally hit the ground.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/16/police-answer-mystery-of-hundreds-of-starlings-found-dead-on-road

How insesitive - "Announcing the findings on its Twitter page..."

it's not really all that creepy or strange but those stories where someone disappears and there's no convincing evidence that points to any one theory are usually belters.

Here's a few good ones

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Dorothy_Arnold

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodder_children_disappearance

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Joan_Risch

I don't watch Finding Bigfoot or any of that shite, like to listen to this guy, professional hunter from British Columbia, he's seen them, he reads out peoples encounters and wants the government to tell the truth.......

23 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I don't watch Finding Bigfoot or any of that shite, like to listen to this guy, professional hunter from British Columbia, he's seen them, he reads out peoples encounters and wants the government to tell the truth.......

Always amazed at how we can get clear HD photos of just about any animal on the planet but we've never had one of a yeti.

Same with UFO's and aliens, the folk who find them seem to have terrible technology to hand and seem incapable of taking a still photo or detailed video. 

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Always amazed at how we can get clear HD photos of just about any animal on the planet but we've never had one of a yeti.

Same with UFO's and aliens, the folk who find them seem to have terrible technology to hand and seem incapable of taking a still photo or detailed video. 

Plenty of photos and video out there, but at the end of the day, photos and video don't prove anything.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

There's a Scottish guy, cannae mind his name, and he spent a total of 18 months, alone, in the Sikhote-Alin mountains for the BBC to get about 30 seconds of footage of an Amur Leopard in the wild over a decade ago. Since then the BBC, and other wildlife filmmakers, have used remote sensor cameras to get hours of footage of them. There's less than 100 of them left but we still have footage of them rearing cubs, hunting, eating, marking their territory, etc.

Yet, in the last 60 years, thousands of big foot hunters, with the same tech, in an area that is far less remote, have yet to get a single verifiable image of any kind of unknown primate or hominid in North America. There's no fossils or remains of these animals nor is there anything in the fossil record that shows any species they could be descended from in that part of the world. There's no tracks, no droppings, no fur, no signs of territorial markings or anything that comes close to proof of their existence.

The mind boggles that folk can look at all that and go "Aye. Bigfoot exists" Pretty sure we're being trolled

31 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Plenty of photos and video out there, but at the end of the day, photos and video don't prove anything.

This is a Red Wolf:

Red Wolf (Canis rufus) | Distribution: Red Wolves exist only… | Flickr

There are believed to be around 18 of them left in the wild, yet here is an extremely clear image of one. The above photo proves quite well to me that Red Wolves exist. If you can sen me a similar one for the Yeti I'll believe they exist.

20 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

There's a Scottish guy, cannae mind his name, and he spent a total of 18 months, alone, in the Sikhote-Alin mountains for the BBC to get about 30 seconds of footage of an Amur Leopard in the wild over a decade ago. Since then the BBC, and other wildlife filmmakers, have used remote sensor cameras to get hours of footage of them. There's less than 100 of them left but we still have footage of them rearing cubs, hunting, eating, marking their territory, etc.

Yet, in the last 60 years, thousands of big foot hunters, with the same tech, in an area that is far less remote, have yet to get a single verifiable image of any kind of unknown primate or hominid in North America. There's no fossils or remains of these animals nor is there anything in the fossil record that shows any species they could be descended from in that part of the world. There's no tracks, no droppings, no fur, no signs of territorial markings or anything that comes close to proof of their existence.

The mind boggles that folk can look at all that and go "Aye. Bigfoot exists" Pretty sure we're being trolled

So, the sherpas in Nepal, the native tribes in Canada and America the Aborigines in Australia, everybody is gibbering shite?

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

This is a Red Wolf:

Red Wolf (Canis rufus) | Distribution: Red Wolves exist only… | Flickr

There are believed to be around 18 of them left in the wild, yet here is an extremely clear image of one. The above photo proves quite well to me that Red Wolves exist. If you can sen me a similar one for the Yeti I'll believe they exist.

What's the point? You would just say it's a man in a suit.