The Creepy & The Strange

My original thought was the other hikers murdered them for supplies (those two couldve been the weakest maybe?), but it is strange considering the rest of the hikers were all killed further along the line.

I don't believe the local inhabitants done it though.

I think the first two died naturally & the others stole supplies from them for their journey.

The rest were defanitely murdered, though like you i'm not conviced the locals were behind it.

There's a road in Ohio (or Kentucky can't remember) which had been closed for years due to its unique power of turning animals crazy at the flick of a switch. Quite bizzare imo.

Edited by Rock Legend SMFC

I think the first two died naturally & the others stole supplies from them for their journey.

The rest were defanitely murdered, though like you i'm not conviced the locals were behind it.

There's a road in Ohio (or Kentucky can't remember) which had been closed for years due to its unique power of turning animals crazy at the flick of a switch. Quite bizzare imo.

First two couldve died naturally, doesnt explain missing clothes etc.

I've heard of that road as well, the one with the grey trees surronding it?

Somebody used to post under the username D B Cooper on here, i had never heard of it and looked it up once. Not particularly scary story but definately a strange.

I wonder if the poster was the real D B Cooper. :lol:

Somebody used to post under the username D B Cooper on here, i had never heard of it and looked it up once. Not particularly scary story but definately a strange.

I doubt it. He's still here. ;)

Just read the Wiki article, intriguing.

Couple of freaky book ones.

Edgar Allen Poe only published one novel, ''The narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket''. In it there is a point where after a mutiny which leaves 4 men in a boat including the cabin boy, a Richard Parker. Facing starvation, they draw lots to see who gets eaten and its the cabin boy that gets munched.

This was published in 1838.

Cut to The Mignonette in 1884. It foundered and there was 4 survivors in a life raft. They too resorted to cannabilism after drawing lots. Yep you guessed it, twas a cabin boy by the name of Richard Parker that was 'unlucky'.

Morgan Robertson wrote a book in 1898 which was called ''Futility, or the wreck of the Titan''. It was about an unsinkable British luxury liner, 800 foot long, which on an April night hit an iceberg on the starboard side whilst going at 25 knots 400 miles from Newfoundland and sank.

Fast forward to April 1912 and the 'unsinkable' Titanic (880 feet long) hits an iceberg at 21.5 knots 400 miles from Newfoundland, on the starboard side and sinks.

The Titan had 24 lifeboats, the Titanic had a total of 20.

He struggled to get it published cos it was meant to be unbelievable.

Couple of freaky book ones.

Edgar Allen Poe only published one novel, ''The narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket''. In it there is a point where after a mutiny which leaves 4 men in a boat including the cabin boy, a Richard Parker. Facing starvation, they draw lots to see who gets eaten and its the cabin boy that gets munched.

This was published in 1838.

Cut to The Mignonette in 1884. It foundered and there was 4 survivors in a life raft. They too resorted to cannabilism after drawing lots. Yep you guessed it, twas a cabin boy by the name of Richard Parker that was 'unlucky'.

Morgan Robertson wrote a book in 1898 which was called ''Futility, or the wreck of the Titan''. It was about an unsinkable British luxury liner, 800 foot long, which on an April night hit an iceberg on the starboard side whilst going at 25 knots 400 miles from Newfoundland and sank.

Fast forward to April 1912 and the 'unsinkable' Titanic (880 feet long) hits an iceberg at 21.5 knots 400 miles from Newfoundland, on the starboard side and sinks.

The Titan had 24 lifeboats, the Titanic had a total of 20.

He struggled to get it published cos it was meant to be unbelievable.

How about this one......

On 11 November 1843 a Danish poet called Hans Christian Andersen published a book and every year since what he wrote about is 100% guaranteed to come true......

In the same vein as numbers stations etc, search 'Dead Hand' in wikipedia. Totally non-supernatural, but very sinister.

Apparently, that system is supposed to be located in Yamantau mountain. Another mysterious place, a massive underground bunker in russia, many many times the size of any other nuclear bunker, and underneath a mountain. Surrounded by numerous fighter and military bases, and completely closed off within a 50 mile radius to non-military personnel. The Russian government hasn't acknowledged its existence never mind its actual purpose.

Although not particularly strange or supernatural, but creepy to many and much closer to home, the Glenfarg tunnels scare the shit out of some folk I know, basically those scared of the dark.

Clicky

They're basically a couple of mainly pitch black 500m long abandoned train tunnels with all sorts of old cars and stuff inside. Would scare the shit of of kids if you took them and made up a story about a fictional ghost train that runs through them after the train driver had his head cut off when he stuck his head out the window (that's what my dad told me anyway!!). Worth a visit anyway as they're just off the big bendy downhill bit of the M90 before you get to Bridge of Earn (next to Glenfarg funnily enough).

Although not particularly strange or supernatural, but creepy to many and much closer to home, the Glenfarg tunnels scare the shit out of some folk I know, basically those scared of the dark.

Clicky

They're basically a couple of mainly pitch black 500m long abandoned train tunnels with all sorts of old cars and stuff inside. Would scare the shit of of kids if you took them and made up a story about a fictional ghost train that runs through them after the train driver had his head cut off when he stuck his head out the window (that's what my dad told me anyway!!). Worth a visit anyway as they're just off the big bendy downhill bit of the M90 before you get to Bridge of Earn (next to Glenfarg funnily enough).

That looks class - how do you get to the tunnels?