The Creepy & The Strange

3 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I've never really drank in Clydebank, other than a sixth year leaving do in the Radnor Park and occasional trips to the Boulevard and a few nights in Singer Bowling Club. 

I did have a pint in the snooker club whilst we were in buying drugs. 

Still a good place to buy drugs.

1 minute ago, Sweet Pete said:

Anyway, we know you wouldn't dein to grace us with your holy presence here now, you fucking class traitor.

I'd probably come down and have an ironic night out.  Mingle with some of the locals that I'd never normally be seen dead with.

What you up to tomorrow?

16 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I'd probably come down and have an ironic night out.  Mingle with some of the locals that I'd never normally be seen dead with.

What you up to tomorrow?

Don't give me your condescension, Fauntleroy.

14 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

In, I meant in. It's all in your head.

Well obviously, ya fucking plum.

4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

2 months with no booze. What I'd give for a pint of Tennent's in a pub with some dodgy geezers in smart loafers. 

Grow a pair.

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Don't get ratty with me just because dead family members are interfering with your bread tin.

Least they've stopped interfering with me...

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Speaking of ratty though, could anything else have got in?

Got a bit of a pigeon issue outside, and where one form of vermin is, others can follow. But, I'm inclined to say "no" to vermin. I've plenty experience of them and there's no sign at all, anywhere, to suggest a vermin issue.

13 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

2 months with no booze. What I'd give for a pint of Tennent's in a pub with some dodgy geezers in smart loafers. 

I'm sitting in a pub just down from my office, reading "Fatherland" and drinking a cold pint of Guinness.

3 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Got a bit of a pigeon issue outside, and where one form of vermin is, others can follow. But, I'm inclined to say "no" to vermin. I've plenty experience of them and there's no sign at all, anywhere, to suggest a vermin issue.

If my old man comes back it would be the drink cabinet that would get rifled rather than the bread tin.

Same with my Maw come to think of it.

4 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I'm sitting in a pub just down from my office, reading "Fatherland" and drinking a cold pint of Guinness.

Not boozing fairly drags out my working day on a Friday. Probably head out for a swim and sauna then grab a pizza. Any of my local pubs (when not boozing) just get on my nerves, with loud golfers etc. 

8 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Not boozing fairly drags out my working day on a Friday. Probably head out for a swim and sauna then grab a pizza. Any of my local pubs (when not boozing) just get on my nerves, with loud golfers etc. 

It's not often I get the chance to sit and have a beer on my own while having a decent read. Taking the chance while it's available. 

Few weird things in my house lately. My wife's voice calling my name when she wasn't there, a ball being kicked against a wall when there was no-one to kick it, heard a thump from the empty kitchen and went to investigate to find a loaf of bread had removed itself from the bread bin and was lying in the middle of the kitchen floor about a metre or more away, my wife felt two tugs at her shirt in the kitchen at night when she was alone, various bumps and thumps and often things moved, like doors opened, shoes not where we left them etc.
Even more bizarre given that we have lived here nearly a decade and this only started within recent months.
I'm a total skeptic naturally, but do find I can't explain these things.
Starting to wonder if my infant daughter is linked in some way to it. The night she was born, me, my wife, the midwife and our daughter were all in the labour suite at the hospital, about an hour after she'd arrived, and the hospital bassinet at the other end of the room moved in front of us all of its own accord, rolling very slowly and steadily about a metre and then stopped again. It was on a completely flat vinyl floor, had been sitting there without moving for over an hour previously, and none of us were anywhere near it. The midwife was pretty freaked out. Recounted that tale to my mum days later after the wife and wean were discharged from hospital and she replied "what time was this at?" which struck me as an odd reply. Turns out, she was at home, in bed, awake, at 1am that night and felt someone sit on her bed, she says she instantly believed it was my late step-father and that he was there because he was happy at the baby's arrival. The moving bassinet happened an hour before across the city at midnight.
Hard to pinpoint an exact date on these phenonema, but they've been happening for around 3 to 6 months and my daughter is three months old. Don't know what to make of it, but as a skeptic my natural instinct is to try and find some rational explanataion to it, though I'm admittedly struggling to. My son is nearing four and has recently decided he's afraid of the dark in his bedroom too, despite never having been before. But that could well just be normal 3-4 year old behaviour.
Odd.

Google "30 East Drive, Pontefract". Hope it's not this ghoul. Spirits can just pitch up out of blue. This one did.

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

If my old man comes back it would be the drink cabinet that would get rifled rather than the bread tin.

Same with my Maw come to think of it.

You'd rifle your Maw if she came back? pics etc.

6 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

That tears it! I'm not having a Pars fan, an inbred, sub-human, sister shagging, Fifer b*****d, tell me to shut it. I'm setting up cameras around the house. Motion detectors, infrared, night vision, the whole Yvette Fielding bit.

I'll show you.

I'll show you all!

5f9a77fda2cb0d9825a58bf159641d04--the-br