The Creepy & The Strange

I  believe there's a small number of large cats left over that were released when the legislation banning the keeping of them came in to force in the 1970s.

Although near extinction, I dont know anyone who has ever seen a Scottish wildcat outside of captivity so it surely isn't too much of a stretch to imagine that a handful of nocturnal lynx and puma can evade attention.

Although near extinction, I dont know anyone who has ever seen a Scottish wildcat outside of captivity so it surely isn't too much of a stretch to imagine that a handful of nocturnal lynx and puma can evade attention.

It's not uncommon to see wildcats in Badenoch & Strathspey. I saw one the other week a couple of hours after sunset. They might not always be 100% pure breed but they're definitely not house cats.

I'm pretty certain I saw a big cat eating out the bin at Tesco in Duloch, Dunfermline in the middle of the night. It caught my eye because it had the back two legs on the ground and managed to get it's head in the bin. Would have been 10 years ago so plenty woodland round the back at that time but the location doesn't make all that sense.

Heard a few similar sightings in that area around the same time.

11 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

My mate Gavin and I went big cat hunting near Pluscarden Abbey many years back. We did see something black in the woods at one point but we came to the conclusion that it was probably a monk having a crafty w**k behind a tree.

He went into the woods and came out with a dirty habit

19 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

I'm pretty certain I saw a big cat eating out the bin at Tesco in Duloch, Dunfermline in the middle of the night. It caught my eye because it had the back two legs on the ground and managed to get it's head in the bin. Would have been 10 years ago so plenty woodland round the back at that time but the location doesn't make all that sense.

Heard a few similar sightings in that area around the same time.

A hungry Shandon Par imo. 

On 20/11/2020 at 07:22, The Golden God said:

This was posted on the Talkceltic forum 2 years to the day before the Boston marathon bombing.

“Scariest moment i have had really because it seems 100% real even though it was a dream after reading the first posts i think it may have been a controlling dream or whatever but anyway i think it was pretty * up here it is and remember this is a dream haha.

I appeared in my home town i live in now Lancaster in the middle of the city centre it was pitch black night but all of the shops were open and the lights were turned on everything going on as normal apart from there was around 100 people on one side and 100 on the other, i was on the right side with two friends i have not seen in years after looking at them we didn't say a word just smiled he was covered in a white cloak just stood staring then next minute his eyes wen't deep black and he started talking in some * up language like he was possesed.

Then everything seemed to freeze then bang bang bang the shops lights wen't out one after the other untill there was complete darkness.

Everyone screaming could hear kids cry but the intire sky was like a bottle green colour and the sun seemed 10 times closer and it was pitch black, so i have started running all i can hear is screams and the sound of the bombing sirens and police sirens.

I being to run around in the direction of my home the same way i walk home everyday yet the building had been knocked down years back and replaced the old buildings were all still there so i'm still running trying to get past hundereds of people then i look back up to the sky and all i can see now is green smoke in the air with the pitch black sun still there then people infront of me start dropping like flys one after the other until i see two people infront of me drop then finally me.

I drop to the floor i can feel my organs collapsing and i'm choking on the smoke, then i wake up out of my sleep but i still can't get out of the dream i'm still there yet part of me is telling myself i have woke up.

Still in the dream i can't get out of it then i see about 5 figures all stood above me with deep black eyes and i'm screaming at them for a code or an answe for some reason, they cary on staring not saying a word then they start talking in the same * up language again.

I'm still screaming asking them telling them i don't understand.. then they say BOSTON,BOSTON

Still on the ground i scream at them what the * do you mean ?

BOSTON THE ANNIVERSARY.. IT'S COMING.. when it does you know the answer to be one of the free!

BOOM.. wake up for real dripping in sweat even though part of me felt like i had allready woke up ages ago but * me you can't imagine how real it all felt.

I have really tried to understand just what the * this dream was and just what the * the whole Boston thing meant i think the last bit was the scariest still trying to work * out never had a dream like it.”

https://www.talkceltic.net/forums/threads/what-would-you-do.127941/page-28

The quote is a few posts down. Can’t find the original but I remember reading it at the time and then it being brought up after the bombing.

I remember reading this years ago and was trying to search for it recently.

Proper freaked me out at the time.

It’s very eery and got me because it couldn’t have been edited and was so descriptive.

Edited by BraveheartGordon

On 15/09/2021 at 10:55, Aladdin said:

I  believe there's a small number of large cats left over that were released when the legislation banning the keeping of them came in to force in the 1970s.

Or a lion.   They're quite good at crouching down in the long grass.

On 15/09/2021 at 05:54, tamthebam said:

I'm surprised one has never been hit by a motor vehicle on a road in all these years.

You'd expect at least one dead big cat would have turned up by the side of a road in all this time.

You don't live to be a big cat without developing a keen road sense.  Quite likely all those wee kitties we see at the side of the road would've grown up to be big cats if they'd just look right, left and right again. 

12 hours ago, BraveheartGordon said:

I remember reading this years ago and was trying to search for it recently.

Proper freaked me out at the time.

It’s very eery and got me because it couldn’t have been edited and was so descriptive.

I would note that the dream is about [running not in Boston] (Lancaster) and [an event that had already happened] (anniversary is coming), rather than a future event that happens in Boston; so the only two specific details are both misses.

2 hours ago, sugna said:

I would note that the dream is about [running not in Boston] (Lancaster) and [an event that had already happened] (anniversary is coming), rather than a future event that happens in Boston; so the only two specific details are both misses.

More likely to be a warning about the band's reunion tour IMO.

On 15/09/2021 at 10:55, Aladdin said:

I saw one in Aviemore on New Year’s Day 2009.

On 15/09/2021 at 11:08, Melanius Mullarkey said:

My mate Gavin and I went big cat hunting near Pluscarden Abbey many years back. We did see something black in the woods at one point but we came to the conclusion that it was probably a monk having a crafty w**k behind a tree.

FYI, I've been found lurking about in the woods around there.  York Tower? Newton? The bit behind Riverside Kitchens?  Done it all.

Going past there today funnily enough.