The Creepy & The Strange

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

Dilbert creator Scott Adams puts his success down to a strategy he adopted in his youth. Every day he'd write out the goals he wanted to achieve ten times, then look at the paper and think about them really, really hard. Because of this, he slipped through the barriers between realities into one where everything he wanted to achieve came true.

So there's that.

I suspect if I wrote "shag Kylie Minogue" ten times on a piece of paper and stared at it all I would get would be a headache.

Or, if it did work and I slipped into a parallel universe, Kylie would have the headache

21 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I suspect if I wrote "shag Kylie Minogue" ten times on a piece of paper and stared at it all I would get would be a headache.

Or, if it did work and I slipped into a parallel universe, Kylie would have the headache

Such a lack of ambition.

In a reality of infinite possibility, somewhere there's a Kylie Minogue writing "shag tamthebam". You might want to try heading for that one.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Such a lack of ambition.

In a reality of infinite possibility, somewhere there's a Kylie Minogue writing "shag tamthebam". You might want to try heading for that one.

Interesting.

In that universe I'm an Australian pop star and she's a tiny wee tube writing pish on a Scottish football website.

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Interesting.

In that universe I'm an Australian pop star and she's a tiny wee tube writing pish on a Scottish football website.

Have you ever read the short story Where the Debris meets the Sea? (it's in Irvine Welsh's The Acid House). 

The scenario you describe is not dissimilar to the one that appears in the book, and not only has Kylie, but also Madonna, Victoria Principal and Kim Basigner. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just rediscovered this thread and figured a "big cat" sighting from a few weeks back was appropriate. More a strange cryptid as opposed to something genuinely otherworldly but odd all the same.

Date/time: 27/07/21 21:50

Details: I'd just passed the highest point on the road, just slightly northwest of Lumley Den and headed towards Glamis. Just as I was approaching the western end of Calfward Wood and the cottage on the opposite side of the road, I saw what appeared to be a long, dark cat run from right to left. Definitely feline by the shape and movement but even from distance, noticeably larger than a domestic cat. Looked like it went into a tree/bushes on the left. I managed to stop where I thought it went through but couldn't see anything given it was already getting darker and there was fog sat on the hills. I don't think it went right into the fields as it was lighter coloured crops and I didn't see any movement. Thinking it was maybe down by a ditch/burn or in the long grass.

From what I've read, this does seem to be a history of big cat sightings in and around the northern Sidlaws. Wish I had a dash cam so I could have gotten a better look at it.

Screenshot_20210913-215701.png

Screenshot_20210913-215913~2.png

12 hours ago, Derek Patterson said:

Just rediscovered this thread and figured a "big cat" sighting from a few weeks back was appropriate. More a strange cryptid as opposed to something genuinely otherworldly but odd all the same.

Date/time: 27/07/21 21:50

Details: I'd just passed the highest point on the road, just slightly northwest of Lumley Den and headed towards Glamis. Just as I was approaching the western end of Calfward Wood and the cottage on the opposite side of the road, I saw what appeared to be a long, dark cat run from right to left. Definitely feline by the shape and movement but even from distance, noticeably larger than a domestic cat. Looked like it went into a tree/bushes on the left. I managed to stop where I thought it went through but couldn't see anything given it was already getting darker and there was fog sat on the hills. I don't think it went right into the fields as it was lighter coloured crops and I didn't see any movement. Thinking it was maybe down by a ditch/burn or in the long grass.

From what I've read, this does seem to be a history of big cat sightings in and around the northern Sidlaws. Wish I had a dash cam so I could have gotten a better look at it.

I once saw a black cat the size of a big dog in woods just north of Longforgan. It leapt up an old corrugated structure and down the other side and away. I was about 10/11 at the time though so nobody believed me. But I ken what I saw. 
This led me to one night recently go on an all night binge looking up reports and images of sightings. There’s a video of one on the railway line near faslane and one spotted in Lanarkshire just 3 weeks ago. 
I find it as exciting as I do terrifying. Would love to get a better look at one.

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/big-cat-caught-video-prowling-21385012?fbclid=IwAR1NI9P19cIraM8HI46R4m84Pi0KcVXdmur42sB_-W889aP1HAQJxNWWe1o

35 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

I once saw a black cat the size of a big dog in woods just north of Longforgan. It leapt up an old corrugated structure and down the other side and away. I was about 10/11 at the time though so nobody believed me. But I ken what I saw. 
This led me to one night recently go on an all night binge looking up reports and images of sightings. There’s a video of one on the railway line near faslane and one spotted in Lanarkshire just 3 weeks ago. 
I find it as exciting as I do terrifying. Would love to get a better look at one.

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/big-cat-caught-video-prowling-21385012?fbclid=IwAR1NI9P19cIraM8HI46R4m84Pi0KcVXdmur42sB_-W889aP1HAQJxNWWe1o

'Now the family fears letting their dog out at night after being told it could be an adult puma.'.  Or their dog.

2 minutes ago, The DA said:

'Now the family fears letting their dog out at night after being told it could be an adult puma.'.  Or their dog.

Think it quite clearly shows a stumpy head and long tail hanging low. If you know of a dog breed that looks like that then feel free to share.

There definitely seems to be a certain population of them in and around the Sidlaws. There's been sightings up around Forfar too (Letham I think). Where I was, if you follow the ridge of the hills Northeast it goes right up to Forfar anyway.

I think for the most part, they're going to keep out of the way of anyone out walking. It'd only be if you somehow managed to inadvertently sneak up on one that it'd be liable to kick off.

A bit off the road between Balbeggie and Abernyte, there's a hill called Pitmiddle Hill. There's still remnants of a village there that was mostly abandoned by early last century. Someone was saying they'd been there a few years back and there was a sheep carcass that had been quite clearly eaten by something powerful. 

Also said that the cats often seem to travel around abandoned railway lines and quarries (of which the Sidlaws contain).

It'd be pretty interesting to get into the hills at night with a heat scope and see what's all about.