The Creepy & The Strange

Check out the Bedtime Stories Youtube channel. That's good for the auld creepy and strange, even if you're a stubborn sceptic like me.

The one he did about Dyatlov Pass was simply stunning. It was a three-parter. Get it watched. 

He also done a two-part video about "The Man from the Train" A mysterious murderer that was never caught. He would hop on and off trains finding work in America and would massacre entire families once his work let him go (was during the early 20th century, so he was in and out of work constantly, apparently)

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

c**t was clearly oot his tits.

Amazing that all the teenagers that have their carryouts at the weekend in the woods have never seen it, or any of the golfers that play the course with the woods next too it.

I went wondering through polmont woods earlier in the year, and have done numerous times over the years, never saw anything, so disappointed.

Maybe you are the Dogman and wake from your transformation oblivious to all the hings you’ve done? 

8 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Check out the Bedtime Stories Youtube channel. That's good for the auld creepy and strange, even if you're a stubborn sceptic like me.

The one he did about Dyatlov Pass was simply stunning. It was a three-parter. Get it watched. 

He also done a two-part video about "The Man from the Train" A mysterious murderer that was never caught. He would hop on and off trains finding work in America and would massacre entire families once his work let him go (was during the early 20th century, so he was in and out of work constantly, apparently)

Watched the African school ufo one and the airplane crash nightmares. 
Someone doesn’t want to fly and in their book written years before they mention their fear of flying. Same page number as the airplane that crashed. That’s a bit odd.

Even though it’s 40 years ago, I still remember this as it was so weird

Back when I was an apprentice, we used to start at 08:00 and we had a clock in system where you could get away with being 5 mins late but were docked if your card was punched at 08:06

I woke up at 07:37 and immediately realised I’d slept in. Jumped out of bed, dressed, brushed teeth and jumped on the bike and peddled like mad to work. Got to the clock which was at 08:05 and just as I was putting my card in, it clicked to 08:06. b*****d!

Then I woke up, looking at the sun coming in through the curtains. It was a dream, thank f**k.

Turned over and looked at my alarm clock- 07:37. Took it in for a few seconds. Shit!

Jumped out of bed, dressed, brushed teeth and jumped on the bike and peddled like mad to work. Got to the clock which was at 08:05 and just as I was putting my card in, it clicked to 08:06. b*****d!

• 1 month later...

That digital terrestrial TV thing when you're getting bad reception and the picture will suddenly freeze, only for the motion to somehow continue, so you end up with the terrifying sight of Judith Ralston/Kenneth Williams'* face briefly sliding around like they're about to reveal their demon form. Gives me the willies every time. I miss when you just had to watch them through a snowstorm.

horror-melting-face-gif.gif

* other P&B icons are available

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ted's Caving Page

Only recently discovered this, but it's a twenty year old creepypasta about a caver (I forget his name) who discovers a small opening in an already-established cave, and sets about mining his way through to see what's on the other side. Hijinks ensure.

Now, the made-up horror part of the story is a bit meh, but the story's based on a real caving discovery that the writer made with a friend of his. The thing about it that's funny is that the actual caving details are deeply uncomfortable and made my skin crawl; I could feel myself wanting to panic as I read about what he was voluntarily putting himself through. Potholers are absolute lunatics. Worth a read for that reason alone.

On 20/11/2020 at 21:07, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Yeah, kind of ruins the whole story/discredits him.

Yeah, it's confusion about the presence of bears in Scotland that discredits him, not the fact he's talking about seeing a mythical half dog/half man creature.

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

Ted's Caving Page

Only recently discovered this, but it's a twenty year old creepypasta about a caver (I forget his name) who discovers a small opening in an already-established cave, and sets about mining his way through to see what's on the other side. Hijinks ensure.

Now, the made-up horror part of the story is a bit meh, but the story's based on a real caving discovery that the writer made with a friend of his. The thing about it that's funny is that the actual caving details are deeply uncomfortable and made my skin crawl; I could feel myself wanting to panic as I read about what he was voluntarily putting himself through. Potholers are absolute lunatics. Worth a read for that reason alone.

As a 'potholer', I read 5 mins of this until my eyes started breaking (because of the webpage colours) and I thought "where is this going?" (pardon the pun) all because digging small holes around Scotland to break into much larger holes is par for the course with me.  More fun than following passage that loads of clubs have visited in the past.

Most of the time the passage just splits up into smaller impenetrable tubes, but every now and again it opens up into a belter.  A 700m cave was found after a breakthrough near Applecross just a couple of years ago (picture in spoiler), and digging is still ongoing in there.  Some have amazing pristine stalactites etc, but others have the remains of animals like polar bears (yes, plural), lynx, hyena etc.  Found ancient human remains too (Iron Age and older, not from the 70s).

It's brilliant, and there's undoubtedly plenty of other sites around Scotland out there just waiting to be found.  Most importantly, it's a good excuse for a piss up.

The new one near Applecross, which started off by digging out boulders from a tight slot by a riverbed:

image.png.09c715d63da97074881e116c9e2acef8.png

The most recent of my finds, which I dug out near Aberfeldy:

image.png.fe03f1a16c7ab10618b706c50a1070ea.png

Currently 40m explored, but I need a super-skinny person to 'push' a narrow bit at the end.  Any takers???

That's not the narrow bit btw.

Edited by Hedgecutter

11 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

As a 'potholer', I read 5 mins of this until my eyes started breaking (because of the webpage colours) and I thought "where is this going?" (pardon the pun)

Digging small holes around Scotland to break into much larger holes is par for the course with me.  Not as much fun following passage that loads of clubs have visited in the past.

Most of the time the passage just splits up into smaller impenetrable tubes, but every now and again it opens up into a belter.  A 700m cave was found after a breakthrough near Applecross just a couple of years ago, and digging is still ongoing in there.  Some have amazing pristine stalactites etc, but others have the remains of animals like polar bears (yes, plural), lynx, hyena etc.  Found ancient human remains too (Iron Age and older, not from the 70s).

It's brilliant, and there's undoubtedly plenty of other sites around Scotland out there just waiting to be found.  Most importantly, it's a good excuse for a piss up.

That's great, you do it so I don't have to. I love pictures and reading about this kind of stuff. Nothing on earth would make me do it. To be fair there probably isn't that many I'd get in to, even if I wanted.

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

Ted's Caving Page

There's a big discussion about this very thing on page 12 of this thread if it's something you want to read more about!

23 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

As a 'potholer', I read 5 mins of this until my eyes started breaking (because of the webpage colours) and I thought "where is this going?" (pardon the pun) all because digging small holes around Scotland to break into much larger holes is par for the course with me.  More fun than following passage that loads of clubs have visited in the past.

Most of the time the passage just splits up into smaller impenetrable tubes, but every now and again it opens up into a belter.  A 700m cave was found after a breakthrough near Applecross just a couple of years ago (picture in spoiler), and digging is still ongoing in there.  Some have amazing pristine stalactites etc, but others have the remains of animals like polar bears (yes, plural), lynx, hyena etc.  Found ancient human remains too (Iron Age and older, not from the 70s).

Hide contents

The new one near Applecross, which started off by digging out boulders from a tight slot by a riverbed:

image.png.09c715d63da97074881e116c9e2acef8.png

The most recent of my finds, which I dug out near Aberfeldy:

image.png.fe03f1a16c7ab10618b706c50a1070ea.png

Currently 40m explored, but I need a super-skinny person to 'push' a narrow bit at the end.  Any takers???

Nothing makes me aware of my breathing and the presence of my own skin quite like pictures such as the second one.