The Creepy & The Strange

2 hours ago, throbber said:

What is it about either Culloden or Glencoe that scare you?

2 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Speaking for myself, I can't say either of them 'scared' me. However, I definitely felt an...atmosphere. Hard to describe but just a bit eery.

Hide contents

Nothing scares  me. I'm a hard b*****d.

Hide contents

Except clowns. Obviously.

The Man In The Tracksuit? 

25 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Twitter links dont seem to be working for me, but do a search for Brazil UFO, lots of pictures of lights dancing in the sky and reports and accounts of a crashed ufo and US military planes moving towards the area, very interesting!

I dunno if it’s the Twitter effect, but even if this turned out to be legit, Twitter just makes you say ‘Lot of pish!’.

Respect to the people still investing in Bigfoot given all the aforementioned conclusive evidence it can't possibly exist. Even more so when you could get big into a far more plausible and definitely cooler mythical monster hunt by casting your eyes at the big ocean. Lovecraft definitely saw some shit he shouldn't have.

Given that Bigfoot is supposedly a humanoid....Could it be that it's just a shy timid creature that is wise to us?...... (and rightly so)

And it might just happen to be a bit brighter than us.....that being the case, aw them traps and cameras would be a bit pointless. They can pick up all the red f@ckin mountain lions they want........

they ain't gonna get the big guy.

Given the multiverse theory, could it be that they are an interdimensional visitor?😲 Can't discount it.

Or it could be a load of sh@te. 

Luv this stuff tbh.

4 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Speaking for myself, I can't say either of them 'scared' me. However, I definitely felt an...atmosphere. Hard to describe but just a bit eery.

This nonsense is all in the head. Anyone who says anything like this is always aware of the history of the place before claiming to being overcome by a creepy sensation. 

23 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

This nonsense is all in the head.

Oh, I don't doubt that for a minute. 

I've been to other battle/massacre sites without feeling the same way though. 

Edited by Shotgun

On 19/05/2020 at 00:11, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I know Number Stations have been mentioned before, but this is creepy as f**k. 

I remember that Boards Of Canada used one of the recordings on Geogaddi. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTzn3EOWMw8&t=35s 

Like the comments say, the woman who is reading out the numbers sounds a bit upset.

Edited by scotfree

5 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

Given that Bigfoot is supposedly a humanoid....Could it be that it's just a shy timid creature that is wise to us?...... (and rightly so)

And it might just happen to be a bit brighter than us.....that being the case, aw them traps and cameras would be a bit pointless. They can pick up all the red f@ckin mountain lions they want........

they ain't gonna get the big guy.

Given the multiverse theory, could it be that they are an interdimensional visitor?😲 Can't discount it.

Or it could be a load of sh@te. 

Luv this stuff tbh.

They're so bright they've hidden every single one of them that has died so well that no one has ever found even the slightest proof that they've lived here.

Ohhh wait, maybe they bury themselves in another dimension?!

9 hours ago, throbber said:

What is it about either Culloden or Glencoe that scare you?

Visited Culloden on a misty, drizzly day. It was all very quiet. Suppose knowing of its history all helped the spooky atmosphere. 

34 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I'd love for UFOs to be real but not convinced at all by this latest stuff.

^ Hasn't seen War of the Worlds, Independence Day etc.

I have no idea what brought it on but at some point when I was younger I suddenly started to find the idea of aliens visiting earth to be incredibly disturbing (aliens which are vaguely human-looking especially so for some reason).

I even find myself getting creeped out from watching stupid films featuring the aforementioned entities.

No more X-Files for me.

7 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

You are talking like the subjugation of the human race would in some way be a bad thing.

Any alien species sufficiently long lived and advanced to cross interstellar space would probably squash us like a bug without really noticing they were doing it.

...and even if they didn't, human way of life would probably collapse anyway, like all those primitive island cultures did when presented with the big wooden and iron ships sailing into their land in the 19th Century.

What Iain Banks called an Outside Context Problem.

35 minutes ago, renton said:

Any alien species sufficiently long lived and advanced to cross interstellar space would probably squash us like a bug without really noticing they were doing it.

...and even if they didn't, human way of life would probably collapse anyway, like all those primitive island cultures did when presented with the big wooden and iron ships sailing into their land in the 19th Century.

What Iain Banks called an Outside Context Problem.

What we need is AI development to reach Banks's ship brain level so we can talk to approaching self replicating and evolving robots at decillions of bytes a nanosecond to convince them we're not just amoeba for protein harvesting.

4 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

I posted the last time the Bigfoot thing flared up in this thread but the Canadian government now do a lot of wildlife monitoring by measuring trace DNA in water bodies, the idea being that everything comes for a drink or a piss and leaves a bit of DNA. Much more cost effective given the size of the place. They've never found primate DNA other than humans.

I remember seeing a documentary on a Yeti hunt in Nepal where they did similar and actually had an un-identified result, which was fairly close to human DNA baut not an exact match. This obviously got the team excited however it was pointed out that the local indigenious population are that cut of in the himalyas that there DNA may be different enough to cause the testing to through up a close but no match result.

They did however find evidence from hair that proved there was a population of large wild sheep that had previously never been documented in that location (i believe they were in Bhutan) or altitude. Im not saying the Yeti is real but if it is then its more likely to be in these location than anywhere else

https://sciencediscoveries.degruyter.com/reclassification-suggested-tibetan-wild-sheep-nepal/

11 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

There's ones like UVB-76 which mostly just broadcast a buzz then some numbers every few years, the creepy thing for me isn't the numbers but the fact they've analysed the sound and it's not a pre-recorded buzz but a microphone held next a machine that makes a buzz that is broadcasting all the time for decades. As it's from the cold war era there's a bit of me that wonders if it's a forgotten about nuclear missile and if something doesn't happen sometime it's going to launch one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UVB-76

The Russians really do have a "Dead Hand" automated system designed to make sure a Russian retaliatory attack can be launched even if the first strike takes out their whole leadership. Its called Perimetr, and uses a whole bunch of sensors and other systems to determine if Russia is indeed, functionally dead. A cessation of, say, a radio station could he part of that.

Indeed, British Sub commanders were instructed to listen for long wave Radio 4 broadcasts as one means of determining if they should let loose.