The Creepy & The Strange

On 31/05/2019 at 12:43, D.A.F.C said:
On 31/05/2019 at 06:07, MixuFixit said:
Wasn't that one proven to just be light from a lighthouse?

Not proven but they reckoned it was possible. Still I found it interesting due to the people reporting it. They were trained observers and also the nature of the base with nuclear missiles meant it could have been considered an attack.

'Light from a lighthouse' f**k me, I've heard it all now.😃

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/05/2011 at 11:58, SoapMactavish said:

Following on from the unusual deaths thread...

The Dyatlov Pass incident refers to an event that resulted in the deaths of nine ski hikers in the northern Ural mountains on the night of February 2, 1959. It happened on the east shoulder of the mountain Kholat Syakhl (Холат Сяхл) (a Mansi name, meaning Mountain of the Dead). The mountain pass where the incident occurred has since been named Dyatlov Pass (Перевал Дятлова) after the group's leader, Igor Dyatlov (Игорь Дятлов).

The lack of eyewitnesses and subsequent investigations into the hikers' deaths have inspired much speculation. Investigators at the time determined that the hikers tore open their tent from within, departing barefoot in heavy snow. Though the corpses showed no signs of struggle, two victims had fractured skulls, two had broken ribs, and one was missing her tongue.[1] According to sources, four of the victims' clothing contained substantial levels of radiation. There is no mention of this in contemporary documentation; it only appears in later documents.[1] Soviet investigators determined only that "a compelling unknown force" had caused the deaths. Access to the area was barred for skiers and other adventurers for three years after the incident.[1] The chronology of the incident remains unclear due to the lack of survivors.[2][3]

:unsure:

Edit: link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident

With the first post of this thread mentioning Chernobyl and now that we know so much more about it, and the man blamed for it in the series - Dyatlov - I find it quite strange that this incident is named as Dyatlov Pass and makes reference to radiation.

25 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

With the first post of this thread mentioning Chernobyl and now that we know so much more about it, and the man blamed for it in the series - Dyatlov - I find it quite strange that this incident is named as Dyatlov Pass and makes reference to radiation.

Get this man out of here, he’s delusional.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, throbber said:

Anyone who believes anything else is a cretin IMO.

Watched a few documentaries about it, one of the last pictures they took was of a large figure watching them in the distance. The Russians call it the Menk.

19 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Watched a few documentaries about it, one of the last pictures they took was of a large figure watching them in the distance. The Russians call it the Menk.

17 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Pics or gtfo

584c9a79558e5_phone078.jpg.d0f840ced13c7

16 hours ago, HenryHill said:

The rare times I agreed to go camping with mates I have come close to leaving them in that state by the end of the first night.

And I thought you were just sleeping on the other side of the field, under the stars with no tent just so you could be closer to nature.

9 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

And I thought you were just sleeping on the other side of the field, under the stars with no tent just so you could be closer to nature.

Aye. The fact that waking up with crows trying to take my eyes out was preferable to sharing a tent with you sums it up nicely.

6 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

Aye. The fact that waking up with crows trying to take my eyes out was preferable to sharing a tent with you sums it up nicely.

We did show up Bear G etc as the charlatans they really are. We were able to survive the week just fine on what we raided from the spirits aisle at the supermarket and pot noodles or cup a soups made from the warm water out of the taps in the bogs.