The Creepy & The Strange

I know it's been discussed on other threads, but the Catman of Greenock freaks me out somewhat ... mainly because there's video evidence and it's so close to home. 

http://weekinweird.com/2015/06/04/tracking-down-the-legendary-greenock-catman-scotlands-glowing-eyed-rat-eating-mystery/

On the one hand, it has to be fake - surely there's no way a Russian sailor could survive living out in the elements for 30+ years eating rats and such like. In Greenock especially. The article states he is institutionalised sometimes, but how does he get out and go back to the same area as before and look exactly the same?

On the other, the video and pics look real. The type of people who discover him don't appear to be the type of people who could do such an elaborate windup. 

What does anyone else think?

5 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I know it's been discussed on other threads, but the Catman of Greenock freaks me out somewhat ... mainly because there's video evidence and it's so close to home. 

http://weekinweird.com/2015/06/04/tracking-down-the-legendary-greenock-catman-scotlands-glowing-eyed-rat-eating-mystery/

On the one hand, it has to be fake - surely there's no way a Russian sailor could survive living out in the elements for 30+ years eating rats and such like. In Greenock especially. The article states he is institutionalised sometimes, but how does he get out and go back to the same area as before and look exactly the same?

On the other, the video and pics look real. The type of people who discover him don't appear to be the type of people who could do such an elaborate windup. 

Branchton imo

3 hours ago, Dee Man said:

At least the brown people get to hear quite a cool noise seconds before they're obliterated from the face of the earth. 

red people as it was built to turn the Soviet Union in to a pile of dust if the Cold War ever got hot 

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

The scenic fishing town of Greenock, just 25 miles west of Glasgow, prides itself on its rich maritime history, its spot among Scotland’s top 50 walking trails, and its beautifully restored Victorian buildings. In fact, it’s long been considered one of the most lovely towns in the country.

Sound

• 1 month later...

Not really that creepy but a wee bit strange, but I'd never heard the story about the book Masquerade, which apparently sold 100,000s of copies back in the early 80s and had the whole of Britain trying to track down some buried treasure, in the form of a bejewelled hare: 

218990.bin?w968h681

There's quite an interesting story behind it on the BBC website, including how it was found: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-47671776

The chap who eventually found it (through nefarious means)  decided to set up a software company called Haresoft and released a game called Hareraiser - where if you solved all the "puzzles", you could win the hare - or £30k. It was actually released in 2 parts and was by all accounts, a total rip off. Haresoft went bust, the hare was auctioned off by the bank and went overseas, and nobody ever solved the Hareraiser puzzle - although most people believe it was just a massive con. Still fascinating though. 

The 2 part game cost £18 - and considering it could have been knocked together in a day - was a total rip-off. 

Hareraiser_Prelude_002.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I was reading recently about how there was a species of human that lived 10,000 years ago in south east Asia called Homo Floresiensis which was pretty much the same as modern humans only they were only 3 feet tall.

And these humans were preyed upon by something called Leptoptilos Robustus which was basically a giant 6 foot tall Marabou Stork.

I don't really like the idea of being preyed upon by anything but being eaten by a giant stork seems especially horrible.  It's a creepy animal.

FileMarabu-Portrait-e1292001802728.jpg

1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I was reading recently about how there was a species of human that lived 10,000 years ago in south east Asia called Homo Floresiensis which was pretty much the same as modern humans only they were only 3 feet tall.

And these humans were preyed upon by something called Leptoptilos Robustus which was basically a giant 6 foot tall Marabou Stork.

I don't really like the idea of being preyed upon by anything but being eaten by a giant stork seems especially horrible.  It's a creepy animal.

FileMarabu-Portrait-e1292001802728.jpg

This is an Irvine Welsh book m8

• 1 month later...

I like reading about ufo's.  I think 99.9% is pure shite.  But enjoyable shite none the less.  Halfwifts in Nebraska saying they were abducted or disclosure is coming, roswell etc.  There has been really f**k all that had made me think anything seen is even remotley alien.  One of the very few things was last year that video the of the Navy pilots filming that weird drone thing.  Well the New York Times has done a follow up article.  What ever it is it is bizzare

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/26/us/politics/ufo-sightings-navy-pilots.html

From the article.

But then pilots began seeing the objects. In late 2014, Lieutenant Graves said he was back at base in Virginia Beach when he encountered a squadron mate just back from a mission “with a look of shock on his face.”

He said he was stunned to hear the pilot’s words. “I almost hit one of those things,” the pilot told Lieutenant Graves.

The pilot and his wingman were flying in tandem about 100 feet apart over the Atlantic east of Virginia Beach when something flew between them, right past the cockpit. It looked to the pilot, Lieutenant Graves said, like a sphere encasing a cube.

Edited by Lofarl

The Rendlesham Forrest incident is one of the few that I find interesting. The guy who observed it was trained to remain calm and he knew the base well as he patrolled it every day. For a few hours an object came into a base with nuclear weapons and they had no idea what it was.

I don’t believe for a second it was something extraterrestrial but it’s pretty interesting that one of the most advanced militaries would report something like this in such a sensitive base and area. There’s no reason for them to do it for publicity. 

Edited by D.A.F.C