Squad lists/confirmed signings

What do you think we'll get? Two strikers, two midfielders (one holding, one wide) one left back? Or only one striker and more cover in defence or a creative midfielder?

Moore absolutely has to get these signings right, there's no margin for error with such a small squad.

We need at least one more centre half.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need at least one more centre half.

I agree, but we're going to be short on cover somewhere no matter what, and it depends if Moore intends to use O'Ware at left back or centre back. If he does sign a left back and uses O'Ware and Page at centre back then it's possible we'll have to settle for McLaughlin and Verlaque as cover. We still need a holding midfielder, right sided midfielder and another striker, along with having no cover beyond youngsters as creative midfielders, while we have three centre backs in the first sixteen already.

I agree, but we're going to be short on cover somewhere no matter what, and it depends if Moore intends to use O'Ware at left back or centre back. If he does sign a left back and uses O'Ware and Page at centre back then it's possible we'll have to settle for McLaughlin and Verlaque as cover. We still need a holding midfielder, right sided midfielder and another striker, along with having no cover beyond youngsters as creative midfielders, while we have three centre backs in the first sixteen already.

I suspect that's why Tony Wallace is being tested as a striker at the moment, Moore knows we're going to be short there. O'Ware is needed to cover right back as well, so I think we certainly need more in there. It would appear that Moore is looking for a centre-half, left back (versitile, possible left mid back-up if possible), centre-mid, right mid/winger, forward.

Although I'm hoping that selling Tidser will allow us to bring in an extra player, it might bend the structure slightly but the principle is still there.

Based purely on the last nights game, i'd take a punt on either of the two slovakian defenders.

Based purely on the last nights game, i'd take a punt on either of the two slovakian defenders.

Or even better, both of them!

There were a few more possibles on show last night also but today's Telegraph says Moore is leaning towards trying to sign both said Slovaks.

There were a few more possibles on show last night also but today's Telegraph says Moore is leaning towards trying to sign both said Slovaks.

Along with the number 4, was the other Slovakian centre half the huge, number 17?

Really hope we sign the Slovakian guy who was playing number 4 last night. Looked like an excellent defender and was very comfortable on the ball too. Unless Wallace can prove himself to be a forward though then we might still need a bit more up top.

Tony Wallace can play centre back and right back as well.

He started off there and has just gradually worked his way up the park.

He has played centre back, right mid, centre mid now he is getting a chance up front.

He has played centre back, right mid, centre mid now he is getting a chance up front.

Alright, I wasn't aware that he has played as a centre back for Morton. He isn't very good there, but is an extra body, if you really needed a centre back.

Yeah, a bit lightweight for a centre back.

He was victim of the old big guy = centre back philosophy as a youth.

Came through our youth system as a centre back, went on loan for a season as a right back, played centre mid for the reserves, then defensive mid for the first team, until the play offs when he was shoved on the wing, due to injures.

Always wanted to see him up front though, I think he'll do well there, scored loads for the reserves from midfield, he is the king of the reserve league.

Alloa sign Ian Flannigan according to their thread. Think their supporters are too shy to post it themselves or something...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Alloa sign Ian Flannigan according to their thread. Think their supporters are too shy to post it themselves or something...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I think they only have 2/3 regular posters.

Alloa Athletic

Goalkeepers

Scott Bain
Craig McDowall

Defenders

Michael Doyle
Jason Marr
Ben Gordon
Daryll Meggatt

Midfielders

Stephen Simmons
Graeme Holmes
Ryan McCord

Willie Robertson

Iain Flannigan

Strikers

Kevin Cawley

Andy Kirk

Eddie Ferns

Offered Contracts

Jonathan Tiffoney
Darren Young

I'd guess that the hold up with Tiffoney signing is the club are waiting on assurances that we can sign him professionally without having to pay Ayr compensation. Both should sign in the near future if everything goes smoothly. If they do then we are a left back and two strikers away from completing our squad.

I presume one of them can cover at full-back too then? If we've only got five signings to go we surely won't sign another two players who can only play centre back.

I presume one of them can cover at full-back too then? If we've only got five signings to go we surely won't sign another two players who can only play centre back.

Peciar is a left back that can play centre back as well.

Archived