Squad lists/confirmed signings

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1343549878[/url]' post='6476727']

Morton signing Kyle Wilkie on Monday. He' a midfielder and presumably a squad player giving a wee bit more cover in midfield.

Search goes on for a striker

I've not seen Wilkie play so can't comment, but in the bit on the Ramsdens website Moore calls him a forward and he's listed as a forward on gmfc.net squad page too. Is that us until January with signings maybe?

HAMILTON ACCIES

Goalkeepers -

Kevin Cuthbert - 29 - June 2013

Chris Shaw - 18/19 - ?

Defenders -

Martin Canning - 30 - June 2013

Matthew Craig - 17 - ?

Michael Devlin - 18 - June 2014

Ali El Zubaidi - 17 - ?

Ryan Finnie - 17 - June 2014

Ziggy Gordon - 19 - June 2013

Stephen Hendrie - 17 - June 2015

Jordan Jivanda - 18 - June 2013

Lee Kilday - 20 - June 2014

Jack McCue - 17 - ?

Scott McMann - 16 - ?

Michael Selfridge - 17 - ?

Craig Watson - 17 - June 2013

Midfielders -

Eamonn Brophy - 16 - ?

Ali Crawford - 21 - June 2013

Gary Fraser - 18 - June 2014

Grant Gillespie - 21 - June 2013

Jordan Kirkpatrick - 20 - June 2013

Darren Lyon - 17 - ?

Kieran Millar - 18 - June 2014

Conner McGlinchey - 19 - June 2013

Alex Neil © - 31 - June 2014

Jon Routledge - 22 - June 2013

Strikers -

Craig Johnston - 16 - ?

Louis Longridge - 21 - June 2013

James Martin - 17 - June 2014

Darian MacKinnon - 26 - June 2013

Jon McShane - 20 - June 2014

Andy Ryan - 17 - June 2015

Youth players in italics who aren't likely to feature for 1st team.

I think that's everybody.

Hopefully we will be able to bring in a striker before the Livingston game as I don't want to see us play 451 for the season with one of the Peters up on their own.

Campbell is more effective from the bench and MacDonald/Weatherson wouldn't work.

Perhaps Hawke could work in that role as lead striker, but it's too much of a risk at this stage. Is there anybody decent left that is still available on a free transfer?

Darren Mackie

A goalscoring record similar to Jon Newby's. Hold me back! :lol:

Dont see why we cant try get Stevie May on loan, St Johnstone have brought in a few strikers so he has slid down the pecking order.

Yes, sign him. We'd need to play 442 though, can't see him working in a 451. Has made a couple of sub appearances for Saintees this season though. With Tadé getting sent off on Saturday I can see him starting alongside Hasselbaink in their next match.

Liam Buchanan.

Five SPL goals in a relegated side. He wouldn't be the worst signing, and has a good record at this level - plus we've signed most of the good players out of that squad, so he'd be used to playing alongside them!

A goalscoring record similar to Jon Newby's. Hold me back! :lol:

Yes, sign him. We'd need to play 442 though, can't see him working in a 451. Has made a couple of sub appearances for Saintees this season though. With Tadé getting sent off on Saturday I can see him starting alongside Hasselbaink in their next match.

Five SPL goals in a relegated side. He wouldn't be the worst signing, and has a good record at this level - plus we've signed most of the good players out of that squad, so he'd be used to playing alongside them!

2HkOk.jpg

2HkOk.jpg

In terms of experience and record at this level.

Rutkiewicz is better than any of your current defenders.

Hardie is better than any of your current midfielders.

A team of random foreigners won't work, one might be good (like El Alagui last season for Falkirk) but not five that aren't even famous enough to have a Wikipedia entry!

A team of random foreigners won't work, one might be good (like El Alagui last season for Falkirk) but not five that aren't even famous enough to have a Wikipedia entry!

If they're fit that be true. Massive "if" though.

Also, Hardie looked absolutely finished as a footballer last season. Maybe I'm overrating the First but he should really just retire or become special team taking free kicks.

hows Tony Wallace getting on for you guys? had a great 2nd half to last season and was interested to see how he's getting on after seeing him get on score sheet couple of times

hows Tony Wallace getting on for you guys? had a great 2nd half to last season and was interested to see how he's getting on after seeing him get on score sheet couple of times

Settling in quite decent at the moment, been getting picked over David Graham so must be doing something right. Also scored 2 goals in 2 games.

I'd say he's been our best player in the first two games, but they were against part-timers in the seaside leagues.

Neither would I, mark McLaughlin by a mile.

Yes, a defender has been our best player against two pub teams. Since you posted, I was incorrect, our best player has been David O'Brien.

Wallace has two goals and two assists, even better than Obri so far...

Archived