Squad lists/confirmed signings

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe you stopped reading P&B and missed some of the posts....and btw, no tears here. I was just commenting on the article. I couldnt give a toss what he does. As someone else on here has posted, he is the type of player we could use. We'll just look elsewhere.

Good luck for the new season.

I really dont think thats likely :lol::(

That seems like a pretty uninspiring signing :unsure:

That seems like a pretty uninspiring signing :unsure:

He will be backup for our strikers, on paper his scoring record doesnt look great but willing to give him a chance and see what happens. Could be this years Kevin Smith or this years Dennis McLaughlin who knows its only 6 months

I thought the lad from Beauvais reserves that we had in goals for the second half against Motherwell looked a bit shaky. Orange boots on a goalkeeper really don't help you make a good impression!

I agree. It wasn't the most impressive performance from a goalkeeper and I'm not sure if he will be good enough for us.

I also heard that he made a big mistake in the friendly against Hibs, however I haven't seen it for myself at all.

Saw Archie Campbell for Cowdenbeath a few times last season. I think you'll be pretty chuffed with that signing. Maybe even more so than Jackson or McDonald.

I concur with that. I'd rather have him than some of the forwards we have on our books.

Interesting stuff, any notable attributes?

Apparently he has at least pace which is an element of the game we have never had since we came up. We always play the game in front of the opposition defence rather than getting in behind it.

He will be backup for our strikers, on paper his scoring record doesnt look great but willing to give him a chance and see what happens. Could be this years Kevin Smith or this years Dennis McLaughlin who knows its only 6 months

Kevin Smith is this years Kevin Smith ;)

Interesting stuff, any notable attributes?

Apparently he has at least pace which is an element of the game we have never had since we came up. We always play the game in front of the opposition defence rather than getting in behind it.

I believe he was stuck on the right wing most of the time, but he certainly looks like a nippy forward who can play a bit. My enduring memory of him against County was getting on to a through ball and smacking the post from a curler with little back-lift from outside the box. He caused more menace in that 0-0 game than the rest of the Cowdenbeath team [and, it goes without saying, Wood and Milne for County] combined.

All of a sudden the Morton strikeforce is starting to look rather impressive. We've signed Jackson, McDonald and Campbell. Di Giacomo should be able to play in behind either of those three.

I don't think di Giacomo will be playing often, but now you mention it that would be a decent position to have him, if need be.

I think it will be MacDonald/Jackson starting most weeks, if fit of course.

I don't think di Giacomo will be playing often, but now you mention it that would be a decent position to have him, if need be.

I think it will be MacDonald/Jackson starting most weeks, if fit of course.

I would have always thought of him as a CF in behind the striker, but I can see why McDonald and Jackson would be the preferred partnership most weeks.

Queen of the South

Goalkeepers

Roddy McKenzie (35) - May 2012

Defenders

Steven Black (19)

Chris Higgins (26) - May 2012

James McGowan (18)

Craig Reid (25) - May 2012

Mark Campbell (33) - May 2012

Midfielders

Daniel Carmichael (21) - May 2012

Kevin Holt (18) - May 2012

Allan Johnston (37) - May 2012

Stephen McKenna (25) - May 2012

Scott McLaughlin (27) - May 2012

Ian McShane (18)

Kieran O'Hear (19)

Dan Orsi (19)

Stephen Simmons (29) - May 2012

Forwards

Steven Degnan (19)

Gavin Reilly (18) - May 2012

Ryan Smillie (19)

Kevin Smith (24) - May 2012

Modern Apprenticeship u19 Players

Russell Parker (17) - May 2012 (Midfield)

Out of Contract - Future Unknown

Ross Hyslop (19) - Goalkeeper - Doing pre-season at Airdrie United

Bob Harris (23) - Left Back - Has been on trial at Blackpool

Ryan McGuffie (31) - Utility Defender ** Offered New Contract **

David Weatherston (24) - Forward - So far as I know still training with us

Senior Players Departed

Paul Burns (27) - Midfielder (Dunfermline Athletic)

Derek Holmes (32) - Forward (Airdrie United)

David Hutton (26) - Goalkeeper (Hamilton Academical)

David Lilley (33) - Centre Back (Airdrie United)

Willie McLaren (26) - Winger (Hamilton Academical)

Colin McMenamin (30) - Forward (Ross County)

Rocco Quinn (24) - Midfielder (Ross County)

Neil Scally (32) - Midfielder (Released)

Ages as at 1st August 2011

Added the slightly surprising signing of Scott McLaughlin. Boy might be a good player, did fine against Gretna on Tuesday, but central midfield didn't appear to be the area we most needed another player in given we already have McKenna, Simmons, Johnston (though he played wide against Gretna) and indeed McShane to play there.

Kevin Smith is this years Kevin Smith ;)

Touche :lol:

He should do well for you if you can keep him fit, same goes for Sparky tho I fear his legs have gone and what little pace he has deserted him after his crash.

Queen of the South

Goalkeepers

Roddy McKenzie (35) - May 2012

Defenders

Steven Black (19)

Chris Higgins (26) - May 2012

James McGowan (18)

Craig Reid (25) - May 2012

Mark Campbell (33) - May 2012

Midfielders

Daniel Carmichael (21) - May 2012

Kevin Holt (18) - May 2012

Allan Johnston (37) - May 2012

Stephen McKenna (25) - May 2012

Scott McLaughlin (27) - May 2012

Ian McShane (18)

Kieran O'Hear (19)

Dan Orsi (19)

Stephen Simmons (29) - May 2012

Forwards

Steven Degnan (19)

Gavin Reilly (18) - May 2012

Ryan Smillie (19)

Kevin Smith (24) - May 2012

Modern Apprenticeship u19 Players

Russell Parker (17) - May 2012 (Midfield)

Out of Contract - Future Unknown

Ross Hyslop (19) - Goalkeeper - Doing pre-season at Airdrie United

Bob Harris (23) - Left Back - Has been on trial at Blackpool

Ryan McGuffie (31) - Utility Defender ** Offered New Contract **

David Weatherston (24) - Forward - So far as I know still training with us

Senior Players Departed

Paul Burns (27) - Midfielder (Dunfermline Athletic)

Derek Holmes (32) - Forward (Airdrie United)

David Hutton (26) - Goalkeeper (Hamilton Academical)

David Lilley (33) - Centre Back (Airdrie United)

Willie McLaren (26) - Winger (Hamilton Academical)

Colin McMenamin (30) - Forward (Ross County)

Rocco Quinn (24) - Midfielder (Ross County)

Neil Scally (32) - Midfielder (Released)

Ages as at 1st August 2011

Added the slightly surprising signing of Scott McLaughlin. Boy might be a good player, did fine against Gretna on Tuesday, but central midfield didn't appear to be the area we most needed another player in given we already have McKenna, Simmons, Johnston (though he played wide against Gretna) and indeed McShane to play there.

Unless gus is going to use wee dan as an out and out striker then there is space in midfield for Mclauglin

Archie Campbell almost looks too small, but it doesnt seem to hold him back. He's very gifted with a good eye for goal. He'll provide more than di Giacomo, I'd be sure of that. I'd have happily taken him.

Scott McLaughlin? :lol:

Our games against Queens are certainly going to be interesting with a fair view of your mob getting a bit of stick ...

(McPherson, Millen, McKenna, McLaughlin)

Scott McLaughlin? :lol:

Our games against Queens are certainly going to be interesting with a fair view of your mob getting a bit of stick ...

(McPherson, Millen, McKenna, McLaughlin)

A wee move for a certain striker coach from St Mirren, and a new striker that was recently released by Stenny would probably push them above Airdrie and St Mirren on the hate barometer!

Touche :lol:

He should do well for you if you can keep him fit, same goes for Sparky tho I fear his legs have gone and what little pace he has deserted him after his crash.

Havent seen him yet, but do have high hopes for Smith - scored two last night :)

Campbell pretty much strolled through the game on Tuesday night, although the opposition wasnt great. If McGuffie signs, we'll have him Reid and Higgins, so the pressure wont be on Campbell too much

Archived