Squad lists/confirmed signings

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ross Forsyth signs for Morton. Alan Moore is quoted in the local paper saying that whilst he can play in a number of positions, he is primarily a left back. He says he was the best left back in the second division and one of the best in the first last season.

He certainly shone as the best player on the park in our last game at Forthbank.

Are Morton really vying for promotion next season?

That depends entirely on what you mean by that term. We want to finish in the top 3. We could be like Falkirk and be a zillion points behind the leaders all season though.

To be fair, Ross Forsyth is one of the few Stirling players who has impressed me every single time we've played them. Sure, he's no Lockwood but he's still a very astute signing and if we didn't have Lockwood, I would've been pleased if we'd signed him.

To be fair, Ross Forsyth is one of the few Stirling players who has impressed me every single time we've played them. Sure, he's no Lockwood but he's still a very astute signing and if we didn't have Lockwood, I would've been pleased if we'd signed him.

A good signing for you. A really class player who gets up the pitch on counterattacks.

Believe he has a good FT job and the main reason he remained PT football to date. FT footie couldn't match his combined earnings.

Anybody know whether he has signed absolutely on FT terms, or is still retaining his FT job in some shared capacity?

Alan Moore is quoted ...

"he was the best left back in the second division"

"one of the best in the first last season"

He certainly shone as the best player on the park in our last game at Forthbank.

Agree

Disagree

Disagree

That depends entirely on what you mean by that term. We want to finish in the top 3. We could be like Falkirk and be a zillion points behind the leaders all season though.

Surely with your perceived budget being in line with the top budgets in the league (although not verifiable) promotion outright should be a target? I mean, if Dundee and Falkirk do have bigger budgets, it wont be by much, if even more at all.

He's not even nearly one of the best left backs in the league. Are Morton really vying for promotion next season?

I bow to your knowledge of the left backs in this division. Could you rank them for me please? A top 10 would be nice.

I bow to your knowledge of the left backs in this division. Could you rank them for me please? A top 10 would be nice.

Sure.

I'll rank him in amongst the left backs from the season just past:

Bob Harris

Matthew Lockwood

Paddy Boyle

Austin McCann

Scott Morrison

Kevin Twaddle

Willie Dyer

Ross Forsyth

I can't remember the left back for Morton nor Cowdenbeath.

A case can arguably be made for him being better than Dyer, but personally, I'm not so sure.

It's Marc Twaddle, btw.

Oh, and can you lads keep discussions on players' merits to the transfer thread, please? Cheers.

A good signing for you. A really class player who gets up the pitch on counterattacks.

Believe he has a good FT job and the main reason he remained PT football to date. FT footie couldn't match his combined earnings.

Anybody know whether he has signed absolutely on FT terms, or is still retaining his FT job in some shared capacity?

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/morton/articles/2011/05/17/413351-ross-ton-move-is-good-investment/

It's Marc Twaddle, btw.

Oh, and can you lads keep discussions on players' merits to the transfer thread, please? Cheers.

Apologies. Think I lost my bearings.

Nicky Riley has reportedly re-signed for Dundee for next season. I'll wait until official confirmation first, though.

Apologies. Think I lost my bearings.

Nicky Riley has reportedly re-signed for Dundee for next season. I'll wait until official confirmation first, though.

Seen it in the tele, most probably true.

Ross County

Goalkeepers

Joseph Malinauskas (22) - May 2012

Defenders

Gary Miller (24) - May 2012

Johnny Flynn (21) - May 2012

Scott Boyd (24) - May 2012

Darren McCormack (22) - July 2011

Scott Morrison (26) - May 2012

Archie MacPhee (18) - May 2012

Midfielders

Richie Brittain (27) - May 2012

Paul Lawson (27) - May 2012

Stuart Kettlewell (26) - May 2012

Mark Corcoran (30) - May 2012

Marc Fitzpatrick (25) - May 2013

Iain Vigurs (23) - May 2012

Forwards

Garry Wood (23) - May2012

Steven Craig (30) - May 2012

Michael Gardyne (25) - May 2012

Steven Ross (18) - May 2012

Colin McMenamin (30) - May 2013

Out of contract

Paul Di Giacomo - released

Steven Milne - released

Mick McGovern - in talks

Andy Barrowman - in talks

Darren Smith - in talks

Updated with Iain Vigurs signing a new contract and new signing Colin McMenamin.

Archived