Mafia Watering Hole

Cool stuff, count me in then :)

Also if Forehead doesn't want to, I'd be happy to rig up a ranking system for the games if you like? Would probably be able to get it done by late tonight/early tomorrow if so...or if people want it done retroactively then it'd take a bit longer

EDIT TO ADD: if folk want it done retroactively it would mean individual contributions wouldn't count for anything because of the lack of PMs it would just be a basic ranking with points for team wins, individual wins and placement, survival time, tasks won (individually and team) and so on...

Have at it.

I'll put the results in the first post(for ease of access). If, once you've done it, I can maintain it for you, rather than you needing to post updates constantly.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh that's a good point. My solution in that case would either be to assign everyone a ranking based on an average number of points accumulated per game (although this could lead to folk who only play mafia games e.g. Scotty tunbridge, being ranked lower than folk who play in survivor games), or an individual ranking system for each game type, which would obviously have to be done retro actively as survivor and apprentice games don't come around as frequently as their mafia counterparts.

I could probably devise some method to bring the mafia games level with the others in terms of points scored to ammend the first solution, maybe an MVP/man of the match award or a top 3 players or something like that at the end of any games that could even things up a little but that causes problems again for the games already played.

Well done Stewbo they are really good ideas and that is a fairer way to do it, so in effect have a Survival scoring system, an Apprentice scoring system and a Mafia scoring system. Maybe you, Forehead and Ludo can be in charge of one of them each or something?

It would also be nice to see Nizlopi, Jupe and Jab back in these games as they strike me as good players in the Mafia and Survival games.

Mafia games have been pretty boring for a while now. It needs a fresh twist to liven it up again. Can't really be arsed qualifying for the other games though.

This ranking system is a piece of baws. There is no way that you could come up with a system that is fair. The better players are being punted out of Mafia Games early and the other games are not just based on personal skill level.

First come, first served is the way it should always be.

Mafia games have been pretty boring for a while now. It needs a fresh twist to liven it up again. Can't really be arsed qualifying for the other games though.

That's just cause you've not played one of mine cool.gif

I don't think he was talking about a ranking system as a method of who gets to play the games - I think it was just for a bit of fun for the more competitive players :unsure:

Yeah, I didn't think it would be a way of qualifying, that's certainly not fair.

I don't think he was talking about a ranking system as a method of who gets to play the games - I think it was just for a bit of fun for the more competitive players :unsure:

Nothing to see here, move along. whistling.gif

GTG is usually the man for a twist as he's came up with great games so far. If you do the next Survivor Game you could be a captain as you were the original host, I am sure xbl would be happy to let you be captain as you are seen as a better player/captain anyways.

What about at the end of each game the host ranks the top 10 players in order, each position is worth points. The host will be the person (especially in mafia games) who could best judge players performance.

I.e for a ranking system:

Participating in a game: 1 point

Highest post count in a game: 3 points

Hosting a game: 5 points

Winning a game: 10 points (if more than one winner - divided between winning players)

Finishing 10th: 1 point

Finishing 9th: 2 points

Finishing 8th: 3 points

Finishing 7th: 4 points

Finishing 6th: 5 points

Finishing 5th: 6 points

Finishing 4th: 7 points

Finishing 3rd: 8 points

Finishing 2nd: 9 points

Finishing 1st: 10 points

Have at it.

I'll put the results in the first post(for ease of access). If, once you've done it, I can maintain it for you, rather than you needing to post updates constantly.

Aye no bother, I'll whip up a quick draft and make sure everyone feels its fair and accurate.

GingerSaint its more of a reference point than a list of who deserves to qualify. I will try to keep it as even as possible because I totally agree with you about the better players being pumped out of mafia games early on, purely because they are good players. Like I say I'll post up a draft and if anyone has problems they can be ironed out for the final draft.

GTG is usually the man for a twist as he's came up with great games so far. If you do the next Survivor Game you could be a captain as you were the original host, I am sure xbl would be happy to let you be captain as you are seen as a better player/captain anyways.

As I said, I'm done with Survivor games until I can host another one - however long away that may be. Besides, Dave binos made it very clear he wanted xbl to be a captain and he'd force me through qualifying anyway, which I have no intrest in doing.

GY

Ayrgirl

Dave Bino

Forehead

Jambo Rocker

Jagfox

TRS

They all deserve to be in the game too as I have worked with all of them and they are very good players. However, we could argue all day in the end SLJ has to make his first major decision and he is a wonderful poster and an idol of mine.

Exactly, you on the other hand are the man to beat in these games.

I must commend you on taking one for the team the last time, that was very noble of you to say the least

It would also be nice to see Nizlopi, Jupe and Jab back in these games as they strike me as good players in the Mafia and Survival games.

Well done Stewbo they are really good ideas and that is a fairer way to do it

Stop brown nosing, ya dick.

Sign up goes up tonight. The game begins on Monday. There is space for at least 20 players.

Any chance you could put me in when you put the sign up thread up SLJ? :rolleyes: Out playing snooker tonight and I cant get a phone signal in the place and I dont know if I'll make it back in time.

I should have the first draft of the Survivor Game Rankings up by tonight aswell if anyones interested, took me forever to get the non-task points done last night but it could be interesting to see where everyone lands up. As it stands just now, there is a clear top player and after that it gets very close, the task winning points should make a big difference and a few who havent played in a while may drop off...

Like I say its a first draft so if theres anything people think has been done wrongly or unfairly then I'm happy to alter it.

Archived