Sign in to follow this  
forehead7

Mafia Watering Hole

Exactly, you on the other hand are the man to beat in these games.

Yeah, the person who put him out in the last game on a head to head must be some guy.

I think we need to have a ranking system. Like Snooker or Boxing has.

Needs to be a set formula to judge it as well. Something useful like the Fifa ranking method, ie, your record over the past 5 games, or something?

Yeah, the person who put him out in the last game on a head to head must be some guy.

St. Johnstone beat Rangers 4-1 last season. They are still better than us.

St. Johnstone beat Rangers 4-1 last season. They are still better than us.

Indeed, maybe one day you'll beat me and do a 'St Johnstone'.

I think we need to have a ranking system. Like Snooker or Boxing has.

Needs to be a set formula to judge it as well. Something useful like the Fifa ranking method, ie, your record over the past 5 games, or something?

It would only work for Survivor games though, mafia games don't really work.

There's only been three of them and it isn't exactly fair yet, given that Broxi has only played in one, I've been in two whereas Lichtie has been in three. How does it work for that? Clearly, Lichtie isn't a better player than me or Broxi.

It would only work for Survivor games though, mafia games don't really work.

There's only been three of them and it isn't exactly fair yet, given that Broxi has only played in one, I've been in two whereas Lichtie has been in three. How does it work for that? Clearly, Lichtie isn't a better player than me or Broxi.

It could work for Mafia games depending on how it was done, ie, team win, lasted 6 days, whacked a player with an important role etc?

ETA: It could also work if you just took the 'Forum Majors' into account, ie, Survivor, Apprentice, Risk & TRS' Mafia Game. Obviously it wouldn't be 'backdated' and as such would just start from now therefore, the first few games would see uneven positions but as time goes on, it eventually sorts itself out, and if it doesn't? Well perhaps a certain player could then be labeled as 'past it' or an underachiever or whatever.

Edited by Ludo *1

It could work for Mafia games depending on how it was done, ie, team win, lasted 6 days, whacked a player with an important role etc?

ETA: It could also work if you just took the 'Forum Majors' into account, ie, Survivor, Apprentice, Risk & TRS' Mafia Game. Obviously it wouldn't be 'backdated' and as such would just start from now therefore, the first few games would see uneven positions but as time goes on, it eventually sorts itself out, and if it doesn't? Well perhaps a certain player could then be labeled as 'past it' or an underachiever or whatever.

Team winning would work, mafia win should count for more. Lasting a certain amount of time isn't indicative or anything, mafia will take out good players early.

Forehead please come up with a ranking system, that would be top notch and I can imagine u being quite good at that

So when is apprentice sign up lord jag

Two options:

1. Sign up can go this week, with the first task being issued on MONDAY 14th November

2. Sign up can go up next week with first task being issued on Sunday 20th November.

Option 2 allows for a "break" between games but happy to go with what the majority want :)

The one's in bold I have done much better than in the Survivor game and finished a very respectable second in my first game. That shows I am a contender and I feel this game is my best chance of winning a forum major so I fail to see how I don't deserve a place in this game.

Much better than? I had you raging for the entire game! Not only that, but I ended up running the game. Many players have gone from players to Captains, only one has gone from player to Host. 8)

Forehead please come up with a ranking system, that would be top notch and I can imagine u being quite good at that

:( My idea!

P.S, it was intended for either you or Forehead to run with it.:ph34r:

Edited by Ludo *1

How are you setting it up SLJ? Limited signups or unlimited with qualifiers?

Preference will be given to players who didn't participate in the first game. They can still apply but will be placed onto a "reserve" list.

So if Ludo is Margeret, who is Nick?

Preference will be given to players who didn't participate in the first game. They can still apply but will be placed onto a "reserve" list.

Cool stuff, count me in then :)

Also if Forehead doesn't want to, I'd be happy to rig up a ranking system for the games if you like? Would probably be able to get it done by late tonight/early tomorrow if so...or if people want it done retroactively then it'd take a bit longer

EDIT TO ADD: if folk want it done retroactively it would mean individual contributions wouldn't count for anything because of the lack of PMs it would just be a basic ranking with points for team wins, individual wins and placement, survival time, tasks won (individually and team) and so on...

Edited by Stewbo