Mafia Watering Hole

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thing is with the Game of Thrones, I'm quite concerned that people not contributing will end up doing well in the game. Would people be up for me being quite strict regarding activity? Not quite putting a minimum post limit on affairs, but if I don't receive votes 2 days in a row, or not posting on the main thread for 2 days (weekends excluded) resulted in being mod killed?

As for the Apprentice Game, well, I'm out. I'm positive SLJ's game will be awesome, but the Apprentice game just wasn't for me last time, even though in theory it should be. To put it straight, I was too shit to compete. :lol:

So you're giving up your advisor role then?

I am def in for apprentice game. Whilst I have been hopeless at survivor games, my strength lies in creativity and ideas as have deminstrated with new games etc. How long will tasks run for slj, one or two nights?

Task's will vary from one to two nights.

Task 1 will be a one nighter to get everyone started

Task 2 will be a two nighter with two different elements

I don't blame lichtie or shelldon for the LOTR game. People kept on demanding more and more changes, and then complaining about the changes - sometimes the very changes which they demanded.

My main reason for not lichtie is simply because he's hosted so much stuff already. Other people will want shots. And does nobody else understand how the Risk Game works?

I don't blame lichtie or shelldon for the LOTR game. People kept on demanding more and more changes, and then complaining about the changes - sometimes the very changes which they demanded.

My main reason for not lichtie is simply because he's hosted so much stuff already. Other people will want shots. And does nobody else understand how the Risk Game works?

I do, and it is a good game, but a few things definitely need ironed out so as to involve the 'audience'.

Most of the stuff is on the PMs in the Risk game. It's been made so vague on the main thread to keep the teams guessing who has done what

The Risk game was always going to be participant based, rather than one that the audience can enjoy. There is nothing that can really be done with that due to the very nature of the game. What i would encourage is, at the end of the game each team writes a "report" of what they did when so that people can follow it retrospectively and have a clue if they are interested. I have some ideas for the Risk game that will be sent to GTG after the game has finished.

I do, and it is a good game, but a few things definitely need ironed out so as to involve the 'audience'.

Have you never played the boardgame?

Yes, but on the thread, its gibberish, and its completely uninvolving. I've given up trying to follow.

Edited to add, fair enough, its participant based, I just find that a little disappointing, speaking as a non player!

The Risk game was always going to be participant based, rather than one that the audience can enjoy. There is nothing that can really be done with that due to the very nature of the game. What i would encourage is, at the end of the game each team writes a "report" of what they did when so that people can follow it retrospectively and have a clue if they are interested. I have some ideas for the Risk game that will be sent to GTG after the game has finished.

I've been doing that as we've been going so as to keep my team in the loop.

There's definitely some ideas that could be used to improve it. Don't PM him though, just say it on thread, post-game, so we can all discuss it.

I had permanent markered you in for one of the "nick and margaret" role's, after you declared an interest. I presume you don't want it now 8)

*Coughs* I meant I'd be delighted to be involved!

Archived