Mafia Watering Hole

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst I'm looking forward to the Apprentice game and hopefully I can go one better this time, I am also looking forward to Kyle's game.

I want a return to traditional mafia games, with the Survivor Game, Risk and now Apprentice, it's been a while since we had a good old fashioned village vs mafia game.

I agree with this tbh. I'll swap places with anyone who wants to run their already arranged mafia game and can bring it forward to december. We've not had a 'normal' mafia game since September, so think we could really do with one.

I agree with this tbh. I'll swap places with anyone who wants to run their already arranged mafia game and can bring it forward to december. We've not had a 'normal' mafia game since September, so think we could really do with one.

Is your's not a mafia game?

The Lord of the Rings game was a shambles.

To be fair the lads hosted the game fairly well. The failure was more in the fact it was a new game concept that didnt really work, that could happen with any untested game.

To be fair the lads hosted the game fairly well. The failure was more in the fact it was a new game concept that didnt really work, that could happen with any untested game.

That's part and parcel of hosting though. It's not just in the actual upkeep of the game once it's started, it's coming up with the concept and making it work and enjoyable.

I'd like to think that the people who joined my Marvel game, which was a new-ish idea to this forum, enjoyed it enough. Certainly I didn't get any complaints like Lichtie and Shelldon got.

I know but I couldn't remember, also deleted the PM laugh.gif

I'd swap with you, as I could be ready, but I want to play in the game!

That's fine.

If anyone else wants to swap more then forehead, I'm sure he'd be happy to let you take the place.

That's part and parcel of hosting though. It's not just in the actual upkeep of the game once it's started, it's coming up with the concept and making it work and enjoyable.

I'd like to think that the people who joined my Marvel game, which was a new-ish idea to this forum, enjoyed it enough. Certainly I didn't get any complaints like Lichtie and Shelldon got.

There were very little complaints during the game, how can we act on it if we don't know? :huh:

Loads of people went inactive and said they weren't enjoying it. You also had to restructure it just before it started. That's hardly great hosting.

No loads of people said they were too busy or couldn't play, it was only Johhog or GTG who said they weren't really enjoying it.

Also we only restructured it because the people wanted it, we were happy to run a simple mafia game but went with something different. So what it didn't work out? We had a go, I take no shame in that.

No loads of people said they were too busy or couldn't play, it was only Johhog or GTG who said they weren't really enjoying it.

Also we only restructured it because the people wanted it, we were happy to run a simple mafia game but went with something different. So what it didn't work out? We had a go, I take no shame in that.

Nor should you. It maybe didn't work in practice, but the idea was a good in theory IMO. It was worth a shot, it just didn't quite work out.

You shouldn't stop playing either btw - just throwing that in there :P

Nor should you. It maybe didn't work in practice, but the idea was a good in theory IMO. It was worth a shot, it just didn't quite work out.

You shouldn't stop playing either btw - just throwing that in there :P

I'll stop playing for the time being, same reason as sooky really prelims. :)

Lots of people became inactive during the game though. A good game keeps people's attention and makes them post even if they have shit on.

You still failed though, which was the point I was making.

Lots of people became inactive during the game though. A good game keeps people's attention and makes them post even if they have shit on.

You still failed though, which was the point I was making.

They gave reasons for becoming inactive though, whether they were true or not I do not know. I never said we didn't fail.

Personally I'd let Lichtie/Shelldon run a normal mafia game first (They two are always gagging) that should satisfy everyone's urge for a Mafia game. Whether it's shit or not, doesn't really matter as since we're not going down the break route, it'd be nice to break-away and go back down the conventional route.

As for the Apprentice Game, well, I'm out. I'm positive SLJ's game will be awesome, but the Apprentice game just wasn't for me last time, even though in theory it should be. To put it straight, I was too shit to compete. :lol:

As for Kyle's new game, sounded orgasmic.

Archived