Mafia Watering Hole

I think the schedule was actually my idea. I still think it works though.

I'm not gonna delete the irrelevant parts but I'll just address them. What's wrong with the order being first come, first served? I'd take away the dates and just have it as an queue but if you sign up then you need to have a specific theme ready, sometimes I feel people just put their name down to host without an idea in mind. I'm not saying you have to give away the whole thing but a theme (or name in TRS's case) shows that you've actually thought about it.

I've got no issue with that, if that's what everyone wants to do. I just want to get some kind of civilised discussion going on this rather than the mud slinging that's been happening previously.

The best thing that can happen, in my view anyway, is the dates are removed and we can at least start from there.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best thing that can happen, in my view anyway, is the dates are removed and we can at least start from there.

I would also put my name down for removing the dates, they barely ever start on the days that have been said anyway! However, it should still be first come, first serve.

I've got no issue with that, if that's what everyone wants to do. I just want to get some kind of civilised discussion going on this rather than the mud slinging that's been happening previously.

I thought the actual discussion about the schedule and mafia games was pretty civilised, perhaps I'm just a bit less civilised than you so my threshold is higher(this might sound like a shot but it's totally not).

Yeah, I've removed the dates as that seems to be a general problem with most people.

I would also put my name down for removing the dates, they barely ever start on the days that have been said anyway! However, it should still be first come, first serve.

I agree, but there should be flexibility, just in case the person who's next to host can't fulfill their duties for whatever reason. Or at least, that's how I see things.

I thought the actual discussion about the schedule and mafia games was pretty civilised, perhaps I'm just a bit less civilised than you so my threshold is higher(this might sound like a shot but it's totally not).

Yeah, I've removed the dates as that seems to be a general problem with most people.

Maybe I'm being too precious. I just think that any chat should be about games, rather than anything else. Unless it's some kind of gay innuendos 8)

The Mafia World is in turmoil as the old guard try to defend themselves. It's been building but it appears Scotty T's game has sparked this. We need to be careful lads, whatever happens tonight could change the course of Mafia games forever. 13th of March, 2012.

The Mafia World is in turmoil as the old guard try to defend themselves. It's been building but it appears Scotty T's game has sparked this. We need to be careful lads, whatever happens tonight could change the course of Mafia games forever. 13th of March, 2012.

Careful you, or I'll PM Keith :P

Maybe I'm being too precious. I just think that any chat should be about games, rather than anything else. Unless it's some kind of gay innuendos 8)

It's probably just cause I grew up in the means streets of...Rutherglen tongue.gif

There's always room for gay innuendos. Come for the mafia games, stay for the gay comments.

65 posts and not banned, new record?

I'm serious, certainly the biggest thing to happen to these games since I've been here. Personally I prefered it when we would just discuss at the end of a game who was gonna be hosting the next one. Then all of a sudden a few weeks later a sign up thread would pop up. Kept the tension and i would always be wanting one to appear. Nowadays you know they'll be one in what appears to be like a week. I get what you're saying Forehead when you say "folk don't have to sign up", but for me and others I'd imagine, I don't like missing one. Just because I know what could happen in it.

Good debate. Lots of good points. The very fact that the we are having it shows the growing discontent amongst the masses. I think we should leave as is for just now. I always say i'm taking a break then see the sign up thread and can't help myself. I'm going to adopt the Parsecelona attitude though and take a back seat, only playing in games that I either, like the look of the quality of player, the host, or the the theme. The last game was the icing on the cake for me though. The lack of desire in some players is a real kick in the balls to the guy trying to run it.

Wow, what a read.

I am happy with keeping things the way they are. I have seen nothing in this thread to suggest that Forehead is bossing everyone around. On the contrary, I think everybody should be very grateful to him for creating this thread which has been fantastic for enabling us to keep up to date with the latest Mafia and Survivor news.

I do think that GtG's 'Grand Slam' idea could be interesting, but as soon as I saw Ludo's post about some sort of 'clique' being in charge of everything (including himself of course), I knew it would spark up a lot of debate based entirely on its ludicrous nature. Then I saw that he was including me as part of this clique, and my opinion changed instantly. A smug smile spread across my face as I prepared to make a post in agreement.

I had to slap some sense into myself. These are just games on an internet forum, but they bring out in the worst in people. I am including myself in this. My ego is in danger of going through the roof. Because of a game. On the internet.

If we think that creating a hierarchy is going to encourage new players to join and regular players to contribute more, then we are kidding ourselves. It would have the opposite effect. The arrogance of some posters will, in turn, lead to an inferiority complex among others who will refrain from signing up to games because they see no point in trying to compete.

Wow, what a read.

I am happy with keeping things the way they are. I have seen nothing in this thread to suggest that Forehead is bossing everyone around. On the contrary, I think everybody should be very grateful to him for creating this thread which has been fantastic for enabling us to keep up to date with the latest Mafia and Survivor news.

Easy sailor, I'm in danger of falling for you all over again.

Then I saw that he was including me as part of this clique, and my opinion changed instantly. A smug smile spread across my face as I prepared to make a post in agreement.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that laugh.gif

Yeah, we (as a community) seem to want less structure. So I think GTG's idea is a step backwards, IMO.

I'm serious, certainly the biggest thing to happen to these games since I've been here. Personally I prefered it when we would just discuss at the end of a game who was gonna be hosting the next one. Then all of a sudden a few weeks later a sign up thread would pop up. Kept the tension and i would always be wanting one to appear. Nowadays you know they'll be one in what appears to be like a week. I get what you're saying Forehead when you say "folk don't have to sign up", but for me and others I'd imagine, I don't like missing one. Just because I know what could happen in it.

Is this really him? A genuine point being made? A reasonable and understandable point of view? WHO ARE YOU!?!?! :o

Yeah, we (as a community) seem to want less structure. So I think GTG's idea is a step backwards, IMO.

But its much less structured than the current set up?? In fact its hardly structured at all.

You have 5 games that happen at some point during the year that are called something. Everything else takes place whenever and as often as people want.

This satisfys the players who want fewer games as they only play in the 5 slams.

It also suits those that want more as in addition to the 5 slams there are lots of other games being run in between.

I'll back Forehead fully on this. To call it as if he is making all the calls, has got to be one of the most stupid arguments I've ever came across in this thread.

Ludo, this is your first mafia game in nearly a year is it not? What, so because some of the village players were less motivated to play, you stomp your feet about 'how shite it's become', greet and moan about how bad it was, when you've barely played in any of them of late, to merit a strong enough opinion to ask for change. Stop taking the hump, and acting like you're trying to make things better, when it's just to suit your own agenda.

But its much less structured than the current set up?? In fact its hardly structured at all.

You have 5 games that happen at some point during the year that are called something. Everything else takes place whenever and as often as people want.

This satisfys the players who want fewer games as they only play in the 5 slams.

It also suits those that want more as in addition to the 5 slams there are lots of other games being run in between.

At the moment, but if we did adopt that idea then those 5 games would need to be spaced out(you're not going to play them back to back and leave the other six months of the year free so it'd end up mor structured.

Why can't those people who want less just pick and choose as they come? They see who's on the schedule and think 'Oo, I like "x person" as a host so I'll play his game' or 'ooo, I like that theme, I'll play that game'.

Im not against the idea of more games as the demand is there for it. Personally I think less games would be better but appreciate that majority want more games/happy with current set up so would be folly to go against this.

Was only trying to suggest an alternative that perhaps may suit all.

Why can't those people who want less just pick and choose as they come?

Exactly! It's really not that comlex, if you don't want to play in every game then don't play in every game, but some people fail to understand that just because they don't want to always play that others are the same(interestingly it seems to be the older players advocating change, and it seems to just be to suit themselves.)

I'm taking a few months break from the games and will then pick and choose the games that I want to participate in.

Exactly! It's really not that comlex, if you don't want to play in every game then don't play in every game, but some people fail to understand that just because they don't want to always play that others are the same(interestingly it seems to be the older players advocating change, and it seems to just be to suit themselves.)

I'm taking a few months break from the games and will then pick and choose the games that I want to participate in.

Hope I'm not being tarred with this particular brush Sookmeister. I've never said the games should stop, I've just said I'll be taking a break for a while, and suggested a less structured 'timetable'.

Truthfully, I've enjoyed this debate far more than I did the last mafia game! (no reflection on your hosting skills Scotty).

Archived