Mafia Watering Hole

I'll have the marathon film quiz wrapped up this weekend and plan to start Apprentice 5 soon after, probably around the start of June. A pre-tournament warm-up mafia game in the interim wouldn't go amiss.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll have the marathon film quiz wrapped up this weekend and plan to start Apprentice 5 soon after, probably around the start of June. A pre-tournament warm-up mafia game in the interim wouldn't go amiss.

I'll probably miss this apprentice now. Been looking forward to it aswell, having to head south for two weeks on the 13th of June for my new apprenticeship.

The film quiz is now over - so I can start A5 whenever. Those who are interested, let me know your availability and I'll try and suit the popular demand.

If there was enough interest I could start it as early as in the next few days. The last Apprentice game took place over about 2 weeks, so you might be able to play, Wilko.

It will take about two weeks so I'll leave it up to you what you want to do, Wilko, but to give you the best chance possible, unless there is a serious protest against doing so (so far none) we'll start immediately.

Sign-Up Thread

All welcome!

• 2 weeks later...
Your representative's Championship game started just a few hours ago: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/2394-Season-3-Game-8-Gears-of-War-Mafia-Championship

I want to talk about and spectate the game - what do I do?

If you wish to actively spectate and show support for your representative, then there are two ways of doing this.

1) There will be a private spectator thread on the site for each game that you may request access to. Simply register on the site and PM the user "Thingyman", and I will add you. Feel free to spectate games that your representative isn't in as well. These threads are published after the game completes.

2) We have a spectator chat on Skype, with currently more than 200 people in it. It's very active and fun, I highly suggest you join it if you have Skype. It's way more active than the on-site ones. Just add me: thingyman.

None of these two chats/threads will be spoiled!

Finally, we kindly ask that you refrain from commenting too much on the games in public on this forum, as the other representatives will easily be able to find and read through this (as has happened in the past). I can't control what you do here, but out of respect for the integrity of this Championship, it's best if you don't discuss your reads on your representative or the other players or make comments that could potentially indicate your reads. I.e. even something like "oh man, our representative is totally being his usual self right now" is not good. Speaking very generally about what has happened so far in the game (so as to update your fellow community members) without commenting on it is fine though.

I hope this doesn't seem too strict to you guys, but the game can become very uncomfortable (and unfair) if there is discussion about it outside of the game thread. If you want to have your own private spectator chat, that is of course also totally fine and I even encourage it (I'd love to be added if you make one of these) :)

I wish your representative and your community all the best of luck for this season! :)

It will take about two weeks so I'll leave it up to you what you want to do, Wilko, but to give you the best chance possible, unless there is a serious protest against doing so (so far none) we'll start immediately.

Sign-Up Thread

All welcome!

While thread is bumped - for those who missed it this game, having been postponed, is now set to start on the 25th June. Sign-ups are now open!

• 2 months later...

Hi guys

For those interested, the finale of the Mafia Championship Season 3 ended a bit over a week ago, and you can read the game here: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/3255-Season-3-Final-Game-The-Koopa-Troop

136 communities, 10 games and almost 6 months. In the end, the townies took home the victory, and Whiskeyjack from the westeros community was crowned the ultimate champion :)

Interest in a hydra event?

At least a dozen different communities this year expressed an interest in a so-called "hydra event", so it's finally gonna happen. If you don't know what "hydra" means, it's when two people share the same account (two heads). So the idea is that each participating community can send one or multiple hydras of two players, the advantage of which is that it's maybe easier to be active when two players are both playing on the same account, and it's also just a lot of fun :)

So maybe your community would also be interested in this. If so and if you're wanting to play and have a partner, please send me a PM on this site within the next couple of weeks.  I'll check back then and give you more information. Alternatively, you don't need to, but if you want, you can also go ahead and directly sign up in this thread, which also has a bit more info: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/3597-Hydra-Event-2016

Maybe Marko wants to play, in which case he just needs a partner? :P

37 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

6 fucking month?!

Each individual game only lasted between 1-2 weeks usually, but yeah, the whole thing took a long time because we needed to schedule 8 qualifying games that suited people, and then we needed to wait for everyone's schedules to line up for both wildcard and finale game :P

It was brutal btw. So hard to keep up with about a thousand posts a day. And I got lynched after 2 days anyway.

However, I've played a few more long games on that site and I'm well into it now. If anyone wants to partner me let me know, it should make it a bit easier to follow if there are 2 of us.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived