qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

So how many more signings are we expecting? A goalkeeper is a given. Ryan McCann may sign soon, but are we also expecting another striker? It's all gone very quiet on the McCusker front.

Who?

So how many more signings are we expecting? A goalkeeper is a given. Ryan McCann may sign soon, but are we also expecting another striker? It's all gone very quiet on the McCusker front.

Goalkeeper is a priority, thought he would have had another one in place for the cup tie tommorrow..Unless carmichael is going to be used more up top this season, or gus decides to use clark up there, then i cant see us signing another striker, but hope im proved wrong!

Goalkeeper is a priority, thought he would have had another one in place for the cup tie tommorrow..Unless carmichael is going to be used more up top this season, or gus decides to use clark up there, then i cant see us signing another striker, but hope im proved wrong!

I can't see us signing another striker either. We may only have two front-line strikers (Smith and Brighton) as such, but we also have many others who can play there, e.g. Carmichael (who came to us as a striker), Clark, Degnan, Smilie and Reilly. As for a goalkeeper, I just hope we sign someone who can compete with McKenzie, and not just a youngster to make up the numbers.

Alan Reid now confirmed as signing a one year deal per our OS.

Not to excited by the signing, but should be an ok inclusion to the squad.

Anyone know why he was released from Morton last year?

Not to excited by the signing, but should be an ok inclusion to the squad.

Anyone know why he was released from Morton last year?

Don't think he was ever contracted to Morton. Had a trial period, didn't win a contract.

Don't think he was ever contracted to Morton. Had a trial period, didn't win a contract.

Rubbish. He didnt get his contract renewed at the end of the season before last. He was at many of the home games last season. No idea why he didn't get a club. He's ok, if a bit wee.

Rubbish. He didnt get his contract renewed at the end of the season before last. He was at many of the home games last season. No idea why he didn't get a club. He's ok, if a bit wee.

Ah, sorry, was wholly misinformed then.

Did he not have an unsuccessful trial at Morton a couple of years earlier?

Seems like fans of the clubs hes been at rate him reasonably, but the fact that he didnt have a club last season does seem a bit strange.

Not often we see you get shot down big man! :lol:

dont know what i think about reid cant really say hes ever stood out to me but being a left footer is a big bonus as there arent too many around. i really hope we sign a keeper next im not too fussed about any other position as it looks as if we are pretty much set up. mckenzie isnt the answer for me, hes a big lump who goes down in stages. id quite like us to sign lee robinson.

Did he not have an unsuccessful trial at Morton a couple of years earlier?

Seems like fans of the clubs hes been at rate him reasonably, but the fact that he didnt have a club last season does seem a bit strange.

He had a trial period, didn't get a contract at that time and signed for Stenny. We signed him after that. I think we have had him 3 times now. As I say, he's ok.

Edited by toms

Not looking for an apology from a stalwart of P&B! Just pointing out that you were wrong, that's all.

A bit O/T but I see that Jamie McQuilkin has signed for Cambuslang. Should do a very good job at that level.

Not often we see you get shot down big man! :lol:

Your obviously not on here very often then Yig! :unsure:

From what i've heard, McCann is back in training with Ayr, but this came from the mouth of a man that said Nacho Novo was to sign with Ayr!!!! :blink:

Lost him a tenner the stupid barsteward! :D

From what i've heard, McCann is back in training with Ayr, but this came from the mouth of a man that said Nacho Novo was to sign with Ayr!!!! :blink:

Lost him a tenner the stupid barsteward! :D

Been offered a deal at QOS will be interesting to see what happens.

Edited by QosLoyal

Are Queens offering a mixture of both full and part time contracts to players or solely full time ?

Are Queens offering a mixture of both full and part time contracts to players or solely full time ?

The latter as far as I'm aware, although I think Mark Campbell will be part-time.

The latter as far as I'm aware, although I think Mark Campbell will be part-time.

Yep. Full time. Apparently Campbell can attend three sessions a week round his shifts. The rest will do four.

I can't believe we have accepted relegation so easily. :(