qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

Any news on a goalkeeper? or any trailists we got training with us.

Its highly unlikely we'll be adding to the squad, so I doubt there are many trialists training with us

Any news on a goalkeeper? or any trailists we got training with us.

Any chance Zander Clark might return to you guys on loan? How did he do last season?

Any chance Zander Clark might return to you guys on loan? How did he do last season?

It's supposedly been agreed that he will come back. He was solid, I think everyone was impressed with him.

Its highly unlikely we'll be adding to the squad, so I doubt there are many trialists training with us

Queens had a couple of unnamed trailists training with them last week

It's supposedly been agreed that he will come back. He was solid, I think everyone was impressed with him.

You would think Saints might want to keep him just at the moment in case either Banks or Mannus get injured heading into Europe?

Does the goal line at the Portland road sit further back from the barriers this season?

Nope

New podcasts on the OS

McIntyre confirms no more signings but Clark will be back on loan :)

New podcasts on the OS

McIntyre confirms no more signings but Clark will be back on loan :)

Sounds good to me :thumsup2

You would think Saints might want to keep him just at the moment in case either Banks or Mannus get injured heading into Europe?

As his "parent" club St. Johnstone probably have an agreement to be able to recall him if they need him and probably have a say if they don't want him playing in certain cup competitions in case he's cup-tied.

I doubt Banks and Mannus will be injured at the same time to be honest, and we have Mark Hurst who's a Under 19s call up for Scotland if we need someone on the bench. Imagine Clark will be with you all season long

Who is under 19 manager these days since Rome left

Jim Thomson and Eddie Warwick have been in jointly dealing with things since Stuart had to give it up.

Is the new pitch ready for football action?

Any pictures posted anywhere of the new surface?

Heard it is a far better & darker green pitch than the original.

Is the new pitch ready for football action?

Any pictures posted anywhere of the new surface?

Heard it is a far better & darker green pitch than the original.

Not yet. There is still sand and crumb to be put down and properly brushed in. The surface itself is down though.

The club Facebook page has pictures I took of James Fowler when he was down to sign his contract with the new pitch looking outstanding in the background. Similar photos will be in the Standard on Wednesday I expect.

Petrofac Training Cup Draw

Petrofac Training have taken over as sponsors of the Challenge Cup for 2014/15 and the 1st Round draw takes place tomorrow at 2pm in the Boardroom at Easter Road, Hibernian FC.

The competition will again be regionalised for the first two rounds and we will be in the South West section along with the following other 15 clubs:

Airdrieonians, Albion Rovers, Annan Athletic, Ayr United, Berwick Rangers, Clyde, Dumbarton, Heart of Midlothian, Hibernian, Livingston, Morton, Queen`s Park, Rangers, Spartans, Stranraer

First Round ties will be played on Saturday 26th July with 3pm kick offs so this will be our first competitive match of the new season and we will carry news of the draw as soon as we know it tomorrow.

From official QOS site.

Edited by BillyRoughley