Jump to content

The Queen of the South Thread


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

That’s a real concern. 

There has been a bit of “and the band played on” from some quarters when the subject of the board has been talked about this week. 

If this isn’t a big wake up call that the board are no longer fit for purpose I don’t know what is. 

Sticking with the current board isn’t going to end well at this rate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's not good at all. I just forwarded that tweet onto my pal who's been going to games for about 30 years and he said he can't remember the club being in such a bad state.

I'd still be surprised if there was any changes at board level anytime soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

There has been a bit of “and the band played on” from some quarters when the subject of the board has been talked about this week. 

If this isn’t a big wake up call that the board are no longer fit for purpose I don’t know what is. 

Sticking with the current board isn’t going to end well at this rate. 

Indeed. It has been said by a few, but I don’t think I’ve ever felt such a sense of apathy within the support. The product on offer is crap, and the board feel like they couldn’t give a f**k. I’m sure that’s not the case, but something needs to change at the top of the club to inject a bit of life back in to the place. At the moment an imminent relegation feels inevitable, and I’m not certain it would just be 1. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, qos_75 said:

 

This doesn't sound great at all.

What's the background story here?

How many members of this committee are there?  What have they been unable to achieve that they'd hoped to?  'Very much at odds' makes it sound like there are big differences.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can’t imagine the board will give a toss that the SLO have called it a day. Don’t know what good it does either. It’s breaking the link between fans and the club unless someone else steps in. 

It shouldn't be someone elses responsibility to go between the club and the fans. The club should be keeping the fans updated without the need of a 3rd party. The BoD will give a toss in as much as we'll know even less than we usually do; something they seem happy to continue with.


Just one more group giving up with the shit show at Palmerston right now. Sad to see.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This doesn't sound great at all.

What's the background story here?

How many members of this committee are there?  What have they been unable to achieve that they'd hoped to?  'Very much at odds' makes it sound like there are big differences.  

Yep it would be good to know the answers to these questions. Doubt we will though.

Dismal times. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:


It shouldn't be someone elses responsibility to go between the club and the fans. The club should be keeping the fans updated without the need of a 3rd party. The BoD will give a toss in as much as we'll know even less than we usually do; something they seem happy to continue with.


Just one more group giving up with the shit show at Palmerston right now. Sad to see.

But it is. The board tell us sweet f*** all and the SLO were meant to be a link between supporters and the club but tbh I haven’t seen much of a link between them through the SLO. They share Facebook posts from other QoS Facebook pages and that’s about it. If the SLO did take the link between fans and club serious then they’d have sorted someone else coming in to replace them. The board obviously doesn’t take them serious and that’s where the issues lie. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yep it would be good to know the answers to these questions. Doubt we will though.

Dismal times. 

As someone else said the other day. We are slipping back into another Harkness age. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This doesn't sound great at all.

What's the background story here?

How many members of this committee are there?  What have they been unable to achieve that they'd hoped to?  'Very much at odds' makes it sound like there are big differences.  

Looks like their following the board by telling us nothing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

But it is. The board tell us sweet f*** all and the SLO were meant to be a link between supporters and the club but tbh I haven’t seen much of a link between them through the SLO. They share Facebook posts from other QoS Facebook pages and that’s about it. If the SLO did take the link between fans and club serious then they’d have sorted someone else coming in to replace them. The board obviously doesn’t take them serious and that’s where the issues lie. 

If the board don’t take the SLO seriously why would they take any successors appointed by the SLO seriously?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The SLO thing was introduced after the Queens Trust tried to get a seat on the board. The Trust were unsuccessful, in part no doubt to lies put out by the board at the time about the viability of that measure. Given the board's opposition to fan representation in the boardroom, I doubt they ever had any intention of the SLO making any meaningful contribution to life at Palmerston Park. 

Edited by Priti priti priti Patel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...