The Queen of the South Thread

31 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

That's an intriguing one, he's been without a club for the last year, which makes the claims of all these big clubs being interested in him a bit hard to believe, tbh. Hopefully he lives up to that sort of hype, AJ has obviously seen enough in him that he was happy to give the 2 year deal. 

I think the fact that he’s been without a club for a season yet Newcastle, Coventry, Benfica and Braga have all had him on trial recently shows he must have something about him.

1 hour ago, ALOREBURNE said:

I think the fact that he’s been without a club for a season yet Newcastle, Coventry, Benfica and Braga have all had him on trial recently shows he must have something about him.

He hasn’t been on trial with Benfica and Braga. 

Strange that he hasn't had a club but then footballers are human as well and he maybe needed time away from the game, you never know.

Pleased that it's another unknown name though.

A bit OT and pretty irrelevant but I like how diverse our squads have been the last couple of season as well.

Strange that he hasn't had a club but then footballers are human as well and he maybe needed time away from the game, you never know.

Pleased that it's another unknown name though.

A bit OT and pretty irrelevant but I like how diverse our squads have been the last couple of season as well.

There’s also been the pandemic in with the bargain for him not having a team. The reaction of Coventry fans to him signing for us encouraging enough for me

There’s also been the pandemic in with the bargain for him not having a team. The reaction of Coventry fans to him signing for us encouraging enough for me
Also true.

Where are you seeing the Coventry fans' comments?

21 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
52 minutes ago, TxRover said:
Anyone know the intended PPV pricing this year for QoS?

I'm assuming £10 again. It was for the League Cup games certainly.

I think that was because the gate price was £10. It might be different for the league games that cost £18 to attend.
Although it is a bit rubbish watching the streams compared to going, I think £10 would be too cheap when it is £18 to get in. Different thing when you aren’t allowed in so you’re not competing with anything.

35 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, TxRover said:
Anyone know the intended PPV pricing this year for QoS?

I'm assuming £10 again. It was for the League Cup games certainly.

10 minutes ago, Flash said:

I think that was because the gate price was £10. It might be different for the league games that cost £18 to attend.
Although it is a bit rubbish watching the streams compared to going, I think £10 would be too cheap when it is £18 to get in. Different thing when you aren’t allowed in so you’re not competing with anything.

Yea, a couple of other teams have shown a £2-4 increase for Championship matches versus Cup matches. Was just hoping someone might have seen something as you watch QoS more closely than I do (almost not at all).

That's true. Our coverage is good but there's no danger I'd pay £18 for it. I think £14 is about as high as I'd go tbh and even then it'd likely be a pick and choose basis.

34 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's true. Our coverage is good but there's no danger I'd pay £18 for it. I think £14 is about as high as I'd go tbh and even then it'd likely be a pick and choose basis.

Me too.  Over £12 for ppv and I reckon the club would be cutting its own throat. Different once crowds can be bigger.