Jump to content
qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Fringe Queens side currently leading Threave 3-0

Stephen Fry trialist RB. Eddie Izzard CB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of it and then some. We're planning on playing the camera system at right back when it's not to busy filming. It's multi talented.
 
That's a great signing! Although he tends to drift in and out of games sometimes, he covers every blade of grass/plastic and is very rarely caught ball-watching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, MOTD Wannabee said:
6 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

All of it and then some. We're planning on playing the camera system at right back when it's not to busy filming. It's multi talented.
 

That's a great signing! Although he tends to drift in and out of games sometimes, he covers every blade of grass/plastic and is very rarely caught ball-watching.

barack obama applause GIF by Obama

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/09/2020 at 15:15, Northfield 53 said:

Don't no why we didn't just name the other club why did we bother getting that new camera system fitted if we are not using it I take it we are not paying for it .

 

 

Dundee 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Copy & pasted from Facebook. 

SPFL PRESS RELEASE 30 SEPTEMBER 2020

Five subs permitted in every SPFL division this season except the Championshhip where clubs rejected the proposal.  Championship remains at 3 subs and as such all Play Off matches will be limited to 3 subs.

•    Premiership - up to five substitutes

•    Championship - up to three substitutes

•    League 1 - up to five substitutes

•    League 2 - up to five substitutes

•    all Play-Off matches - up to three substitutes (one additional in any extra time)

•    Betfred Cup matches - up to five substitutes (one additional in any extra time)

•    Challenge Cup matches - up to five substitutes (one additional in any extra time)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesnt say how many are allowed on the bench. The EPL and Premiership allowed 9 on the bench when it was 5 subs per game.

Does that mean the Championship will be 3 from 7 but the Betfred games will be 5 from 9??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sensible decision from the Championship clubs given current budget uncertainties and reduced squad sizes.

That said, only the SPFL clown posse could come up with different rules for different divisons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye, over the last few seasons we've had a few games where both ourselves and our opposition have only been able to name 3 or 4 subs on the bench. It's daft for League 1 and 2 teams to have this rule. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr X said:

It doesnt say how many are allowed on the bench. The EPL and Premiership allowed 9 on the bench when it was 5 subs per game.

Does that mean the Championship will be 3 from 7 but the Betfred games will be 5 from 9??

Yes, thats what it means. 

28 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Aye, over the last few seasons we've had a few games where both ourselves and our opposition have only been able to name 3 or 4 subs on the bench. It's daft for League 1 and 2 teams to have this rule. 

Lower division clubs potentially naming 9 subs is an absolute farce. Championship clubs rejecting it is absolutely right. The bigger question is where on earth are the heads of the lower division clubs who voted it through? Mental. Especially assuming in most cases bonus schemes includes subs.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/09/2020 at 16:38, Skyline Drifter said:


All of it and then some. We're planning on playing the camera system at right back when it's not to busy filming. It's multi talented.

 

Well that can’t be anymore of a joke than playing willy Gibson there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad the extra subs thing has been rejected in our league.

It's senseless at all levels, including the top flight, where all it does is afford the clubs with more muscle, the chance to flex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Messi Scott said:

Well that can’t be anymore of a joke than playing willy Gibson there. 

Good one mate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really want to highlight that we conceded from a corner again.

But I won't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I really want to highlight that we conceded from a corner again.

But I won't.


Was a really shit goal as well. We never looked comfortable from them all game. Ferguson a bit glued to his line when he could come get a couple Didnt help, but he was very comfortable in everything else and his kicking was excellent. All our goals were very decent, fitzpatricks probably the pick of the bunch. Could probably should’ve scored another 2/3 with east having 2 really good chances and shields breaking through early on. Gibson impressed at right back, comfortable defensively, really good going forward, likewise Maxwell who I thought was the pick of the bunch. Buchanan and ayo did ok, still not 100% convinced but did ok. Rhys mccabe neat and tidy again, Pybus went off with a knock, Dom mcmahon came on and done himself no harm in impressing very comfortable in possesion if a wee bit slight but think he done well and could possibly deputise for mccabe if he was missing. Robinson poorest of the lot, but got two assists largely posted missing during game, again very small. Fitzpatrick took a tactical change to get going but when he did looks a player, a great finish for the goal as well. Shields another impressed really busy good technically should’ve had a few more. East upfront good hold up play, two good headers but had another two/three he should’ve done better with, I think with work he could be a decent option up there.

Again more positives than negatives after the first kind of 10/15 mins. And quality of the stream was very good for thoughs wondering, I’d think it’ll be a great for us over the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, qos1990 said:

 


Was a really shit goal as well. We never looked comfortable from them all game. Ferguson a bit glued to his line when he could come get a couple Didnt help, but he was very comfortable in everything else and his kicking was excellent. All our goals were very decent, fitzpatricks probably the pick of the bunch. Could probably should’ve scored another 2/3 with east having 2 really good chances and shields breaking through early on. Gibson impressed at right back, comfortable defensively, really good going forward, likewise Maxwell who I thought was the pick of the bunch. Buchanan and ayo did ok, still not 100% convinced but did ok. Rhys mccabe neat and tidy again, Pybus went off with a knock, Dom mcmahon came on and done himself no harm in impressing very comfortable in possesion if a wee bit slight but think he done well and could possibly deputise for mccabe if he was missing. Robinson poorest of the lot, but got two assists largely posted missing during game, again very small. Fitzpatrick took a tactical change to get going but when he did looks a player, a great finish for the goal as well. Shields another impressed really busy good technically should’ve had a few more. East upfront good hold up play, two good headers but had another two/three he should’ve done better with, I think with work he could be a decent option up there.

Again more positives than negatives after the first kind of 10/15 mins. And quality of the stream was very good for thoughs wondering, I’d think it’ll be a great for us over the season

 

All seems pretty positive, Good to see lots of new players in the squad this season mostly all looking to progress in the game. 

Squad wise we definitely still need another CB, Shame Semple doesn't seem to be in AJ thoughts he would have been a really good 3rd CB and is still a young player that the club could further develop. Thought maybe needed a RB but Wullie Gibson seems to have settled into the slot (maybe get AJ's son on loan from Motherwell as cover) or sign the lad that played RB v Airdrie he looked a good player, Will need to reserve judgement on Wullie at RB  but am sure his attacking threat, delivery, determination & experience will be very welcome his defensive attribute will need to be seen before judging. Another CM to boost the numbers in their is needed especially with Pybus going off injured last night & Mckee not fully fit. 

Really looking forward to watching the live streams of games starting next week....

C'mon the Queen's 👍  

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...