qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

We retained Aidan Nesbitt over the summer who is a better player than Jacobs. 

The same claims made about Shields and Robinson could be made for Omar or Oliver at Morton. The bottom line though is that none of the four are close to being proven Championship quality (arguably Oliver has done more than the rest): they are all gambles made in key positions out of necessity rather than real opportunity. Fitzpatrick is the only signing with a potentially much higher upside to it and so would be worth the risk even if there wasn't a pandemic impacting finances at this level.

Edited by vikingTON

:offtopic:offtopic:offtopic

As above but congrats for being a bunch of shaggers! :wub:

None of the Borders towns makes it into the Scottish top-20, with Dumfries taking the crown based on a figure of 871 inhabitants joining Illicit Encounters – meaning 3.95 per cent of the town’s population is having an affair.

:offtopic:offtopic:offtopic
As above but congrats for being a bunch of shaggers! :wub:
None of the Borders towns makes it into the Scottish top-20, with Dumfries taking the crown based on a figure of 871 inhabitants joining Illicit Encounters – meaning 3.95 per cent of the town’s population is having an affair.

Quite an achievement when you see the state of some of our inhabitants.

On 20/09/2020 at 09:45, qos1990 said:

Don’t get me wrong jury is out on McCabe and McKee. But I can see the merit in McKee giving how many goals he was told involved in last season, McCabe is a player Johnston has managed knows what he brings. Keeper I’m very happy with, Ayo is a unknown quantity but by all accounts is quick and loses f**k all in the air, Buchanan getting a slagging from Morton and Falkirk fans but that’s hardly a surprise, was a player I always wanted us to get so hopefully he can find some form he had. Pybus will hopefully do job he done for us first six months of season, doing the donkey work to allow McKee to play. And then our front four as I’ve said is young bar Dobbs, but I think Shields can give us a bit of what Lyndon did, Fitzpatrick and Robinson on either wing 🤝 Dobbs back to doing what he does best

In the main I have been pretty gappy with the player recruitment by AJ. But with only 2 weeks till the first Cup game he still needs to sign a minimum of 4 players RB, LB, CB & a CF, hopefully he will have these players signed before the Airdrie friendly on Sat so they can get used to playing with each other before the cup games start.... The club still has 5 domestic loans available to use.... 

On 20/09/2020 at 10:49, Grant228 said:

Going by your business this summer, we won't find out for a while. 

This is the most sense I’ve seen on this thread for a while. You’d have to be delusional if you’re a QoS fan and happy with the signings made. 

On 19/09/2020 at 19:57, Ludo*1 said:

Pybus looks good to me every time I've watched him. Underrated player in the division or just caught him on good days?

On 17/08/2020 at 19:13, RandomGuy. said:

Oddly enough I was looking up Championship players last night, and Pybus pops up as, statistically, one of the best young ball winning/defensive midfielders in the division. 

Offers zero going forward, but (and ill add here this all based on numbers) looks like the perfect player to play beside a less mobile playmaker (McKee?).

*choo choo*

Ludo and RG on the Tayside to Pybus hype train.

40 minutes ago, Messi Scott said:

This is the most sense I’ve seen on this thread for a while. You’d have to be delusional if you’re a QoS fan and happy with the signings made. 

Did your mob not get pumped 6-2 at the weekend by Falkirk? 

4 hours ago, Messi Scott said:

3 hours ago, Dougie Mills said:

Did your mob not get pumped 6-2 at the weekend by Falkirk? 

For God’s sake, please keep him busy over here...the rest of the Board appreciates QoS’s work to contain him here!

22 minutes ago, TxRover said:

For God’s sake, please keep him busy over here...the rest of the Board appreciates QoS’s work to contain him here!

Although, I thought it had been established he had no affinity to Raith. Rather, he was a disgruntled Queens troll. 

Either way, it is good entertainment.

41 minutes ago, JessieField said:

How many substitutes are allowed during a match this upcoming season?

As far as I know that hasn't been voted on and confirmed yet. The option is there to switch to the same system the Premiership are using (9 subs, have to 5 used in 3 stoppages) but I don't think they've held the vote yet. Personally I'm not in favour.

I hope it's a maximum of 3 tbh. Given we struggled to fill a bench for large parts last season, having 5 subs would be a massive advantage for any side facing us.

In most media outlets this morning that England will be postponing fans in stadiums until further notice. Almost certainly will be the same measure in Scotland I presume.

Board get the chequebook out!

I'd be surprised if any games this season now have fans at them. Pal works for Scottish Government and he's saying they are hopeful of crowds by March.

How can clubs survive without crowds ? This is extremely worrying

7 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

How can clubs survive without crowds ? This is extremely worrying

The clubs knew that this was a possibility when they agreed to play this season. The option not to was there, they didn't take it, so they must be confident that they can survive regardless of whether crowds are allowed or not.

Think it's maybe time Queens updated the fans on where we are with PPV and give us indicative costs.  RTV charge £9.99 a game how will Queens compare? 

16 minutes ago, TOPFITTER said:

Think it's maybe time Queens updated the fans on where we are with PPV and give us indicative costs.  RTV charge £9.99 a game how will Queens compare? 

Whos RTV?

Ive not seen any Championship clubs confirm any pricing other  than their season tickets. Have the SPFL even announced PPV is going to be allowed in the Championship?