qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

1 minute ago, Mr X said:
5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:
Which is absolutely fine, but let's just say it how it is. 

You do have a vivid imagination but, as happens often, you imagine wrong.

You'd have to have a wild imagination to think the above atracking lineup "doesn't look bad". 

You'd have to have a wild imagination to think the above atracking lineup "doesn't look bad". 
Maybe. I guess you'd have to ask the person who said it

So Fitzpatrick, Shields, Robinson and Dobbie aren’t decent options going forward?

I never appreciated how liked we are by other fans in this division. But the amount of concern opposition supporters seem to have for our squad this season is quite touching.

So Fitzpatrick, Shields, Robinson and Dobbie aren’t decent options going forward?
It's mental. I think our recruitment, on paper and all things considered, gives reason for optimism. Like the sound of the wingers and welcome strength in depth upfront. Heck we've even got a permanent goalie.

It's mental. I think our recruitment, on paper and all things considered, gives reason for optimism. Like the sound of the wingers and welcome strength in depth upfront. Heck we've even got a permanent goalie.

Don’t get me wrong jury is out on McCabe and McKee. But I can see the merit in McKee giving how many goals he was told involved in last season, McCabe is a player Johnston has managed knows what he brings. Keeper I’m very happy with, Ayo is a unknown quantity but by all accounts is quick and loses f**k all in the air, Buchanan getting a slagging from Morton and Falkirk fans but that’s hardly a surprise, was a player I always wanted us to get so hopefully he can find some form he had. Pybus will hopefully do job he done for us first six months of season, doing the donkey work to allow McKee to play. And then our front four as I’ve said is young bar Dobbs, but I think Shields can give us a bit of what Lyndon did, Fitzpatrick and Robinson on either wing 🤝 Dobbs back to doing what he does best

14 hours ago, Grant228 said:

You must have very low expectations if that looks alright. 

Ah but we have a cunning plan...... 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I never appreciated how liked we are by other fans in this division. But the amount of concern opposition supporters seem to have for our squad this season is quite touching.

I'm sure if you were to do decent business this window you wouldn't complain at fans of other teams coming on and complimenting it. 

2 hours ago, qos1990 said:

No. 

33 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I'm sure if you were to do decent business this window you wouldn't complain at fans of other teams coming on and complimenting it. 

No. 

If it was you? Yeah, we would

Edited by Mr X

42 minutes ago, Mr X said:

If it was you? Yeah, we would

Going by your business this summer, we won't find out for a while. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Going by your business this summer, we won't find out for a while. 

Or maybe we already did ;) Thanks for playing though

Edited by Mr X

48 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Or maybe we already did ;) Thanks for playing though

Nope, we didn't. 

You're welcome. 

Don’t get me wrong jury is out on McCabe and McKee. But I can see the merit in McKee giving how many goals he was told involved in last season, McCabe is a player Johnston has managed knows what he brings. Keeper I’m very happy with, Ayo is a unknown quantity but by all accounts is quick and loses f**k all in the air, Buchanan getting a slagging from Morton and Falkirk fans but that’s hardly a surprise, was a player I always wanted us to get so hopefully he can find some form he had. Pybus will hopefully do job he done for us first six months of season, doing the donkey work to allow McKee to play. And then our front four as I’ve said is young bar Dobbs, but I think Shields can give us a bit of what Lyndon did, Fitzpatrick and Robinson on either wing Dobbs back to doing what he does best
I'd agree with that. Who knows what will come of the players. We've all seen players we've expected little of turning in a perfoance we never saw coming. I'd agree re Pybus. Hopefully first half of season Pybus and I'll be happy. AJ clearly not finished but I've been perfectly happy with the club's efforts so far.

I can't imagine that any Queens fan is genuinely 'perfectly happy' with their business so far, unless with the huge caveat of 'for a club trying to stay afloat during the pandemic'. From an objective standpoint your current line-up looks poor and I'd put yourselves and Morton below every other starting eleven as it stands right now, with the possible exception of Alloa.

Maybe jealous of our caution while they wonder how their squads will be paid for with no crowds all season.

I can't imagine that any Queens fan is genuinely 'perfectly happy' with their business so far, unless with the huge caveat of 'for a club trying to stay afloat during the pandemic'. From an objective standpoint your current line-up looks poor and I'd put yourselves and Morton below every other starting eleven as it stands right now, with the possible exception of Alloa.

Would say I’m content.

39 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

We're a touchy lot when it comes to fans of other clubs commenting on our signings. 

Yes, it seems so.

55 minutes ago, virginton said:

I think its ok, I'm reasonably happy with it. We are not competing with the likes of Dundee and Dunfermline for players (& obviously not Hearts). The two part time sides are obviously a differemt market and Inverness are geographically, and probably financially, in a different market mostly too. I'm not even sure how much we are competing with Ayr currently. Ayr's "Covid, what Covid, come get your two year deal here" attitude has put them in a different position.

That effectively leaves us really only directly comparable to Morton and Raith. Raith have retained most of their title team and didnt need that much. MacDonald is a great signing. Tumilty is average but I'd take him given we've no full backs right now. Their other two signings are far more left field and could go any way. 

Morton havent really done much yet. Ky Jacobs is the best player they retained from last year and new signings are Gary Oliver, who didnt get a regular game for us last season, Rabin Omar who has never played above League 2, a young keeper released by Rangers and an on loan full back from St Johnstone. 

We needed a keeper and have got one of the better ones available I think. There's an element of gamble about all our forward players. They have something to prove but the immediate previous (Scottish) clubs of McKee and Shields are pretty complimentary and they've played this level before. Fitzpatrick might potentially be a terrific signing. I imagine bigger sides would have happily taken him. Dunfermline fans havent condemned McCabe and the manager has worked with him before. Robinson hopefully offers something creative too. 

The big question marks are at the back where we already needed major surgery even before Holt departed. Big Ayo is massive but he hasnt played in Scotland before. It doesnt work for everyone. Buchanan did great at this level with Dumbarton, St Mirren, Livi but fans of Morton and Falkirk are less complimentary and we have no full backs at all right now. 

We clearly need at least three more defenders, two full backs and another centre back. There will be other domestic loans to come. But we're ok with still a fortnight to go. 

Edited by Skyline Drifter