qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

5 hours ago, Flash said:

Coronavirus probably helped us lose less money last season. Although there was no income for the last few weeks, there were no wages. I’m not sure if we’d had to pay wages that the income from the last 4 games would have covered them. It is true that having fewer games next season won’t help financially but the players will also be signing later.

The income from the last 4 games would not have covered the wage bill for the last 2.5 months. I'm not sure how much money comes into Palmerston on  a match day but I would reckon a fairly low percentage. Out of a home crowd of 1000 I wouldn't expect many more than half to being 'paying at the gate' with the rest already having paid through season tickets, shirt draw sponsorship tickets

On what we seen last season the players who showed enough to be kept for me were mercer holt pybus and Murray and maybe osman the rest were way short and yes dobbie is included in that. It shows he can't do it all on his own I'm glad he's still here but needs a decent partner but the rest I certainly won't lose any sleep over that's for sure

On what we seen last season the players who showed enough to be kept for me were mercer holt pybus and Murray and maybe osman the rest were way short and yes dobbie is included in that. It shows he can't do it all on his own I'm glad he's still here but needs a decent partner but the rest I certainly won't lose any sleep over that's for sure

Holt was being kept anyway given he has a deal to cover next season.

7 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Holt was being kept anyway given he has a deal to cover next season.

Heard there’s a few teams making enquiries about Holty. 

Heard there’s a few teams making enquiries about Holty. 

If teams are will to dish out decent money then I’d wouldn’t say no to him going

On 17/07/2020 at 10:21, SUPERSOUTH said:

Don't think many if any of the first team players from last season will be back apart from Dobbie....

If talk of Holt leaving is right it looks like my prediction the other day might unfortunately not be to far away... 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

"SPFL clubs will be allowed to sign a maximum of six players on loan this season. "
Hope we make good use of this. 

Aye 9 players certainly more promising than 3.

34 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

"SPFL clubs will be allowed to sign a maximum of six players on loan this season. "

Hope we make good use of this. 

I suspect quite a few clubs will be thinking the same,  but getting to the front of the queue will be very important.  Someone’s going to get exposed bringing in rangers colts 3rd choice right back and quickly regretting it. 

Edited by parsforlife

Gary Oliver looking for a new club. Would you take him back? Wants to stay in championship rather than go part time

7 minutes ago, queenslad said:

Gary Oliver looking for a new club. Would you take him back? Wants to stay in championship rather than go part time

No thanks.  New blood needed and not last season’s dross.

17 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

No thanks.  New blood needed and not last season’s dross.

Maybe the type and quality of player we can afford

I would. I liked him. I think if he had a settled run in the team he would score regularly.

1 hour ago, queenslad said:

LOTS of last seasons squad looking for football.... 

Given their performances last season I'm not sure many of them know what a football looks like.

11 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

I spent much of last season looking for the same thing.

There’s a few you’d have back (Mercer, Semple, Lyon). It’s good to have a few familiar faces around who know the club. Building a whole new squad in a short space of time is a massive gamble as a team can take a while to gel and as we all know there will be less games next season so it’s important to hit the ground running. 

Edited by ALOREBURNE

3 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

There’s a few you’d have back (Mercer, Semple, Lyon). It’s good to have a few familiar faces around who know the club. Building a whole new squad in a short space of time is a massive gamble as a team can take a while to gel and as we all know there will be less games next season so it’s important to hit the ground running. 

Agree with this.  We're not going to sign a squad of players that's  a great deal better than last season's so re-signing  a few that fall into the "basically capable"  variety wouldn't be too bad a thing.  Some you wouldn't want back of course but we may actually get a couple of new faces that MAY turn out to be an upgrade on the less fancied ones from last season. AJ's  got a big job on his hands anyway. 

47 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Agree with this.  We're not going to sign a squad of players that's  a great deal better than last season's so re-signing  a few that fall into the "basically capable"  variety wouldn't be too bad a thing.  Some you wouldn't want back of course but we may actually get a couple of new faces that MAY turn out to be an upgrade on the less fancied ones from last season. AJ's  got a big job on his hands anyway. 

We are away behind other clubs going to be a huge task for AJ to sign a new squad with little money is he up to the job time will tell 

The Queen of the South Annual shirt draw is on 6th August 2020. It is a fantastic draw with a super top prize and lots of other great prizes as well.

The Queens Trust have put in 3 entries already for this years draw and if we can get to 250 Trust members we will be able to submit another entry. 

Another great reason to join the Queens Trust. Support the work we do, have a chance to win Queens season tickets and help us help the club with another draw entry. Join today.

5A96F1BB-5F3A-4EDE-ACFA-D3B9DF757B47.jpeg