qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

2 hours ago, the_palmy_pie said:

What a night this was at Ibrox. 

78C5D9BA-1400-4FF1-92B7-2644E0C64FE4.jpeg

Was that the night we eventually played Rangers in a Challenge Cup tie postponed at their request because they had players away on international duty? 

Great response in the first week of the Queens Trust membership drive for 20/21. Now at 120 members. Thank you to all that have been signing up.

24113CEA-348D-44D8-9D38-4680632BF425.jpeg

78C5D9BA-1400-4FF1-92B7-2644E0C64FE4.thumb.jpeg.9093ecedea7be1da7a1c8dac3ae9bb87.jpeg

I was there that night it was fantastic. I had a work mate ( rangers fans ) who was in main stand and he always says when mcguffie scores the whole corner seemed to jump at same time and everytime he saw the bet 365 adverts where parts of the stadium come out the ground it reminds him of that night

7 hours ago, the_palmy_pie said:

78C5D9BA-1400-4FF1-92B7-2644E0C64FE4.jpeg

Quality of the players in that photo👌

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

With all due respect I think the Qos Trust are going a little OTT with their membership advertising. Every time  I browse my usual Queens related pages on social media there’s yet another post. 

Think we’ve got the message now guys. 

Edited by the_palmy_pie

2 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Quality of the players in that photo👌

This match remains one of my favourite away fixtures watching Queens. The fans were magnificent that night and it was made even better with a local lad scoring the winning penalty. 

51 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

With all due respect I think the Qos Trust are going a little OTT with their membership advertising. Every time  I browse my usual Queens related pages on social media there’s yet another post. 

You're upset about seeing Queens related posts on Queens related pages? During a time there's not much happening 

I recently found out there's usually a mute/ignore button on these social media sites. Maybe try that rather than having a dig about advertising at people who do outstanding work for the club and fans. 

Any update your progress with signing players
any names being banded about?
will you have a reserve squad next season?
What paper do you work for?

17 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

Any update your progress with signing players

any names being banded about?

will you have a reserve squad next season?

Why would we even think about signing players when our 1st game is not until October .

All players well the 3 we have and staff are on furlough nothing will happen till at least August 

19 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Why would we even think about signing players when our 1st game is not until October .

All players well the 3 we have and staff are on furlough nothing will happen till at least August 

August!! I think/hope the manager will be talking to potential players long before that even if it means players contracts not starting until they start to train in August. 

1 hour ago, FrankReynolds said:

You're upset about seeing Queens related posts on Queens related pages? During a time there's not much happening 

I recently found out there's usually a mute/ignore button on these social media sites. Maybe try that rather than having a dig about advertising at people who do outstanding work for the club and fans. 

Oops , looks like I’ve hit a nerve. 😮

It has been just one week of promoting the Queens Trust and it’s got 125 members so far. It works. Not everyone is on all forms of social media or every day and quite often they vanish for people that have not been on. It is the only time of the year we do it and we have waited until the other draws were out of the way. We have been trying to keep it interesting featuring fans and videos. We will be going for a wee while yet so that we can do the best for our club and community. Hopefully we can beat last years record of 260 members. If you are able please consider joining and supporting the Trust.

Edited by JTulip

Out of interest, are you a Trust member?

2 hours ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Oops , looks like I’ve hit a nerve. 😮

Nah. Just think it was a really shitty comment to make.

If we go down the route of some full time part time players .
A couple of locals who I think could do a job are
1- scot hopper who I thought unlucky to leave us was a decent player and versatile for annan and done well at Peterhead ( had a few injury issues) always have 100%
2 Tommy muir local lad plays at annan everytime I seen him play he causes defence problems he is quick and not afraid to get stuck in I saw him score a hat trick for annan against cove he was unplayable that day . He is raw but training with dobbie could help .
Would not cost a lot of money ethier.
What are people’s thoughts and any others that might be any good

The Tanner Fund has had another very good few days. Really starting to take off.