qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

If only there was another place online you could seek out such information........ 😉

http://www.qosfc.com/news-4977

Good News that the club will still be getting money coming in from the Arena etc. Queens are in a better position than alot of Scottish football clubs. 

3 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Good News that the club will still be getting money coming in from the Arena etc. Queens are in a better position than alot of Scottish football clubs. 

Just because it's open doesn't mean customers will continue to show up.....................

Let's wait and see before we consider whether we're still getting any income of note.

Just because it's open doesn't mean customers will continue to show up.....................
Let's wait and see before we consider whether we're still getting any income of note.
Aye pretty much this. Currently sat in Farmers Den with the wee one and there is only us and another 2 people (who are together). I'm aware nursery and school is still in but I've been here at this time several times and there are normally a lot more.

I expect a lot of people will just avoid social places for now.

Clearly the board foresaw the fixture cancellations and have been holding off sacking Johnston so that they don’t have to stump up compensation with no money coming in. The season will then become null and void, we’ll survive relegation and sack him in the summer when it will cost us less money.

They aren’t indecisive shitebags at all, and are in fact geniuses!

25 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Ment regards the businesses paying Queens rent money..... Queens are surely in a better place than many clubs... 

49 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye pretty much this. Currently sat in Farmers Den with the wee one and there is only us and another 2 people (who are together). I'm aware nursery and school is still in but I've been here at this time several times and there are normally a lot more.

I expect a lot of people will just avoid social places for now.

Stalker incoming

Heard an interesting rumour which may,of course,have absolutely no foundation:-

Leagues are reconstructed
Top 4 in Champ as of now get promoted to Premier - 16 teams
Remaining clubs in Champ and League 1 form new second league - 16 teams
League 2 perhaps increased from Highland/Lowland League

I could see that proposal having a lot of traction - teams like ourselves, Hearts, Partick etc would be positive subscribers.

Pretty obvious that some radical thinking required.

On the bright side with nothing to bring him down Northfield might come back with a sunny outlook on life or he gets quarantined and the wive kills him or herself 

Heard an interesting rumour which may,of course,have absolutely no foundation:-

Leagues are reconstructed
Top 4 in Champ as of now get promoted to Premier - 16 teams
Remaining clubs in Champ and League 1 form new second league - 16 teams
League 2 perhaps increased from Highland/Lowland League

I could see that proposal having a lot of traction - teams like ourselves, Hearts, Partick etc would be positive subscribers.

Pretty obvious that some radical thinking required.

There would also be a lot of objectors. Teams in the Premiership would miss out on revenue from OF games since they’d have to play them fewer times.

For the record I think it’s a decent option. I don’t like how small the leagues are right now and hate having to play everyone 4 times.

There would also be a lot of objectors. Teams in the Premiership would miss out on revenue from OF games since they’d have to play them fewer times.

For the record I think it’s a decent option. I don’t like how small the leagues are right now and hate having to play everyone 4 times.
The premiership are not interested in any reconstruction and would oppose any but back the other 3 divisions from 2022 to go from 12 to 16 teams its going to happen

Following yesterday's postponement really good move by the club donating food from hospitality to River of Life charity that helps the homeless. Photo of a rep from the charity, Dan Armstrong and girls from Lite Bites on the website. Well done to all involved in doing this. I hope during the suspension of football that people remember the Arena is open and support the café and other businesses there.

15 hours ago, eibbod nehpets said:

Every time i hear "COVID-19"

I'm then expecting to hear "Queen of the South nil."

18 crosses and a penalty.

‪The Queens Trust committee have decided on 3 entries into this years Queen of the South FC shirt draw at a cost of £1,275. We will pay this money ASAP to help with club funds. We will not be taking the season tickets that are part of it instead we will buy a season ticket later for our annual members draw. ‬

Meanwhile we will be thinking of any other ways we can possibly help the club during this time.

‪The Queens Trust committee have decided on 3 entries into this years Queen of the South FC shirt draw at a cost of £1,275. We will pay this money ASAP to help with club funds. We will not be taking the season tickets that are part of it instead we will buy a season ticket later for our annual members draw. ‬
Meanwhile we will be thinking of any other ways we can possibly help the club during this time.

Excellent outstanding

Nobody expects anybody to be able to just hand over money with nothing in return out of the goodness of their hearts, especially when so many people could be at risk financially at the moment, but how amount doing something that will help the club AND give you something in return, at least potentially.

The Arena is still open, so nip in to the club shop. If 100 people buy £10 worth of stuff, there's £1000 raised.

Better still, if you can afford to, enter the Deluxe Prize Draw. If you already have, enter it again in your wife's name, or your kid's, or your Dad's. That's £100 for a year but with daily prizes you might win something back. If 100 people did this there's £10k going to the club right away.

38 minutes ago, JTulip said:

Good stuff.

I wondered on another thread whether the club could start selling 20/21 season tickets early, with only part of the cost having to be paid up front. The balance would be decided when it is known what next season will look like. I don’t think anybody would buy a season ticket and not pay in full when they had to. Although, if the club was worried about that, they could sell half season tickets or whatever.

Or, as the club is potentially missing out on 4 home games this season, people could pay, say £65 now and get tickets for the next 4 league games whenever they are played. Or get £65 off a season ticket, if they prefer. Doesn’t help with overall income, but does get money into the club to help pay this season’s wages

I appreciate that people have other priorities, but the club could take the initiative and if folk don’t want to buy, or can’t afford to, they don’t need to.

Edited by Flash